View Poll Results: Who wins the Senate next week?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, the Republicans win.

    23 50.00%
  • Im a left leaning American, the Republicans win.

    14 30.43%
  • Im not American, the Republicans win.

    1 2.17%
  • Im a right leaning American, the Democrats win.

    2 4.35%
  • Im a left leaning American, the Democrats win.

    6 13.04%
  • Im not American, the Democrats win.

    0 0%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 104

Thread: Who wins the senate?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Who wins the senate?

    The election is only a few days off and it will be close. Im mailing in my ballot tommorow.


    (barring recounts) Who wins the Senate next week?

  2. #2
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,191

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The election is only a few days off and it will be close. Im mailing in my ballot tommorow.


    (barring recounts) Who wins the Senate next week?
    As of right now:

    I'll say Republicans take SD, WV, MT, AR, CO, and AK as well as LA in a runoff. They hold GA in a runoff in January and keep KY.

    Democrats hold NC, NH, and IA.

    Greg Orman wins in KS.

    That would put Republicans at 52 and Democrats at 48 with Orman choosing to caucus with the Republicans as they'd have the majority.

    The ones I'm least sure about are Alaska and Iowa and Kansas. I've been hearing an awful lot about the unprecedented ground game Begich has run, especially among native Alaskans who aren't likely to be reached by the polls. There are also two recent polls, though of dubious quality, that give Begich 8-10 point leads. However, with polling in Alaska difficult and often incorrect I'm expecting the redness of the state to ultimately put Sullivan slightly ahead.

    In Iowa, polls are close to a tie and early voting numbers look pretty good for Braley. Democratic support has slightly overperformed polls here in the past so I think that might push him ahead as well as the blowback Ernst is receiving in the local press for not responding to their requests for interviews.

    Kansas polls are all over the board and its always hard to evaluate non-major party candidates. Still I think Orman has a slight lead and Brownback's worse than Obama popularity might ultimately put he and Davis ahead there.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    As of right now:

    I'll say Republicans take SD, WV, MT, AR, CO, and AK as well as LA in a runoff. They hold GA in a runoff in January and keep KY.

    Democrats hold NC, NH, and IA.

    Greg Orman wins in KS.

    That would put Republicans at 52 and Democrats at 48 with Orman choosing to caucus with the Republicans as they'd have the majority.

    The ones I'm least sure about are Alaska and Iowa and Kansas. I've been hearing an awful lot about the unprecedented ground game Begich has run, especially among native Alaskans who aren't likely to be reached by the polls. There are also two recent polls, though of dubious quality, that give Begich 8-10 point leads. However, with polling in Alaska difficult and often incorrect I'm expecting the redness of the state to ultimately put Sullivan slightly ahead.

    In Iowa, polls are close to a tie and early voting numbers look pretty good for Braley. Democratic support has slightly overperformed polls here in the past so I think that might push him ahead as well as the blowback Ernst is receiving in the local press for not responding to their requests for interviews.

    Kansas polls are all over the board and its always hard to evaluate non-major party candidates. Still I think Orman has a slight lead and Brownback's worse than Obama popularity might ultimately put he and Davis ahead there.
    Seems reasonable to me.

  4. #4
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    I think the Republicans will win control of the Senate. ....Although, unfortunately I was wrong about the outcome of the 2012 Election concerning the Whitehouse.

  5. #5
    Advisor 29A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Last Seen
    02-12-15 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    450

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    My blurb says "Libertarian - Left", but when voting and there are no Libertarian choices, I vote Republican, when that's an option. Imo, Republicans will take the Senate. I'm even willing to bet a virtual dollar on that, lol.

  6. #6
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Im mailing in my ballot tommorow.
    Aren't you glad you live in a state where conservatives haven't stopped people from doing that?
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  7. #7
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    If we are to believe the media, Republicans take the Senate. The media is untrustworthy however so who knows.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  8. #8
    Sage
    Skeptic Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,265

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    I think the Republicans will win but not by as much as they should be able to given the President's low approval rating. I further predict nothing will change.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Aren't you glad you live in a state where conservatives haven't stopped people from doing that?
    There are about 5 conservatives here, and despite being sent my ballot, I had to order another because it never came in my mailbox.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    The election is only a few days off and it will be close. Im mailing in my ballot tommorow.


    (barring recounts) Who wins the Senate next week?
    This from a Reform Party Member, you will wake up Wednesday Morning with the results being that the Democrats have 47 seats, the Republicans have 50 seats, Independents have 1 seat, (Orman from Kansas) and two states will have a runoff. Louisiana and Georgia.

    We will have to wait until at least December 6th when Louisiana has its runoff and if the Democrat Landrieu were to win there, then we would be waiting until January 6th for Georgia.

    That is unless Independent Orman decides he would caucus with the Republicans, then as soon as he does that, the GOP would gain control of the senate. If not, we wait till at least December.

    As an aside to the above, if Orman goes with the Republicans I wouldn't be surprised at all if Senator King from Maine, another so called independent decides to switch sides and also caucus with the GOP.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •