View Poll Results: Who wins the Senate next week?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, the Republicans win.

    23 50.00%
  • Im a left leaning American, the Republicans win.

    14 30.43%
  • Im not American, the Republicans win.

    1 2.17%
  • Im a right leaning American, the Democrats win.

    2 4.35%
  • Im a left leaning American, the Democrats win.

    6 13.04%
  • Im not American, the Democrats win.

    0 0%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 104

Thread: Who wins the senate?

  1. #81
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    The environment of the world has been devastated by coal, has gotten better and is now doomed forever for the next few centuries until fossil fuels finish us off. Let's go back to when Lake Erie's pH was so low due to high-sulfur coal killing all fish. And coal miners lived to only 40--easier to replace them. Then there's acid snow but heh--back to the 80s and the material age and the beginning of the 2nd Gilded age that will destroy the world economy next decade .
    Physics is Phun

  2. #82
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Lame attempt to ignore substance when you can't trump it--for a woman, the Senate is most certainly about whether we get another Alito or a Sotomayor--knowing Ginsburg's days are numbered--another deadlock with McConnell giving us a 5-3 court .
    Uh...what?

    I'm saying that someone is always going to whine, no matter what happens. I was not talking about any specific person.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #83
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    I say 70% chance GOP takes it and 30% change the Dems take it.


  4. #84
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The NY Times says the GOP has a 68% CHANCE of taking the Senate so they are saying it could go either way but it is more likely that the GOP wins. You can't say they lied if the Dems win either though.
    I so mistrust the media that this occurred to me. By ceding the elections to the Republicans prior to the election, the media could be complicit in an attempt to excite the Democrat base. I don't know what's going to happen Tuesday but nothing will surprise me.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  5. #85
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me to see Manchin switch parties before 2016. West Virginia is looking pretty red about now. I think we all know why. The coal industry has been devastated by Obama's EPA on steroids.
    I just hit Drudge and they have a story developing. Seems the AP is claiming early voting is favoring Republicans by 10%. There is also another story where there seems to be some Democratic Governors in New England states finding themselves in competitive races. Man this is getting better by the hour.

    News from The Associated Press
    This has been a unique year where the odds on the Republicans taking the senate has stayed about the same and hasn't moved much. Usually a few month before an election we see a trend start which seems to spread as time goes by and by election time, we can be pretty sure of the results.

    But every time the Republicans seems to pick up a state, another goes the other way. The Republicans started moving in Colorado, then Kansas happened. Iowa begins to go the Republican way, North Carolina the opposite. The GOP has been stuck on picking up 5 or 6 seats, just when it looks like that will increase to 7 or 8, another state or two will go the other way. It has been interesting, but as I said, rather unique.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #86
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    If we are to believe the media, Republicans take the Senate. The media is untrustworthy however so who knows.
    The media is untrustworthy biased scum. Remember the 2000 election when the media stated Gore won Florida before the polls in the central time zone of Florida closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,296

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    The media is untrustworthy biased scum. Remember the 2000 election when the media stated Gore won Florida before the polls in the central time zone of Florida closed.
    I think the media outlets reporting that should have lost their licenses.

    It's impossible to estimate how many last minute voters may have decided not to vote. My understanding is the panhandle is more red than the rest of the state, and I cant help but think it was intentional.

  8. #88
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,889

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    I just visited Drudge, Real Clear Politics and the news is looking pretty good for Republicans. Colorado is reporting Republicans ahead in early voting. There's a report that Democrats are worried that Iowa is slipping away. Republicans seem to be more energized and have more momentum. The latest poll out of KS has Roberts up by 1 which may be the result of Wolf coming out and endorsing him. It's going to be an interesting one to watch unfold. And a poll between Ms. Mary Landrieu and Cassidy without Maness is up to +8 Cassidy.
    Last edited by vesper; 11-01-14 at 12:40 PM.

  9. #89
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,977

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    I think the Republicans will win but not by as much as they should be able to given the President's low approval rating. I further predict nothing will change.
    At least little dictator tyrant Harry Reid will not be able to table legislation he does not agree with.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Skeptic Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,269

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    At least little dictator tyrant Harry Reid will not be able to table legislation he does not agree with.
    I disagree with that tactic regardless of which side is doing it. That is too much power for one person to have.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •