View Poll Results: Who wins the Senate next week?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, the Republicans win.

    23 50.00%
  • Im a left leaning American, the Republicans win.

    14 30.43%
  • Im not American, the Republicans win.

    1 2.17%
  • Im a right leaning American, the Democrats win.

    2 4.35%
  • Im a left leaning American, the Democrats win.

    6 13.04%
  • Im not American, the Democrats win.

    0 0%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 104

Thread: Who wins the senate?

  1. #21
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,890

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    I didn't use a mail in this election. I will be going to the polls although in Ohio, it is currently leaning all red across the board. And that does my heart good. Ohio has often been called the bell-weather state. And yes I will be voting for every R on the ballot. Don't do that often, but this year I see a need to. I see the Republicans taking the Senate. I think it will be at least an 8 senator gain. North Carolina at the moment is a tie but I bet a pan of hot cinnamon rolls that the R's take that seat too. I am also pleased to see the number of Republican governors that look to be victors. This will be very helpful in the days leading up to 2016.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,945
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    So it could take up to 2 months. Shoud be interesting to see.
    It could, but what I just said could change tomorrow. Give me a couple of new polls and the following states could change as to their forecasts.
    Kansas today I give I Orman a 51% chance of winning vs. Roberts 49% chance of winning
    Alaska today, Republican Sullivan a 52% change of winning vs. a 48% of winning for Begich. This is based mainly that polls in Alaska are inconsistent and unreliable.
    Iowa Republican Ernst 55% chance of winning vs. Democrat Braley at 45%
    North Carolina Democrat Hagan a 60% chance vs. Republican Tillis 40%
    New Hampshire Democrat Shaheen 60% vs. Republican Brown 40%

    The above states could change between now and election day, I do not think the others will. But you can see where the above states could easily change the numbers I gave you. Kansas stays Republican and the others remain the same, the GOP has control of the senate the day after election day. If Alaska and Iowa were to revert back to the Democrats as is very possible at this point the on the 5th it would be the Democrats with 49 and the Republicans with 47.

    North Carolina and New Hampshire are the opposite way, if they happened to go Republican on election the GOP could end up with 52 seats the day after with Louisiana and Georgia still to be decided.

    Yes, it is all very interesting.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, US Conservative.

    What do the light grey states represent? I live in one of them - Ohio. I'm surprised that California is grey?
    They are just states without senate elections this year. Ive never been there, but Ohio is supposed to be a fascinating state, a microcosm of the US.

  4. #24
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    It could, but what I just said could change tomorrow. Give me a couple of new polls and the following states could change as to their forecasts.
    Kansas today I give I Orman a 51% chance of winning vs. Roberts 49% chance of winning
    Alaska today, Republican Sullivan a 52% change of winning vs. a 48% of winning for Begich. This is based mainly that polls in Alaska are inconsistent and unreliable.
    Iowa Republican Ernst 55% chance of winning vs. Democrat Braley at 45%
    North Carolina Democrat Hagan a 60% chance vs. Republican Tillis 40%
    New Hampshire Democrat Shaheen 60% vs. Republican Brown 40%

    The above states could change between now and election day, I do not think the others will. But you can see where the above states could easily change the numbers I gave you. Kansas stays Republican and the others remain the same, the GOP has control of the senate the day after election day. If Alaska and Iowa were to revert back to the Democrats as is very possible at this point the on the 5th it would be the Democrats with 49 and the Republicans with 47.

    North Carolina and New Hampshire are the opposite way, if they happened to go Republican on election the GOP could end up with 52 seats the day after with Louisiana and Georgia still to be decided.

    Yes, it is all very interesting.
    Greetings, Pero.

    I'd like to go to sleep until then, but I'm so curious I know I can't! So...... : The mail has really been packed this time with campaign flyers, too - unusual for a midterm! I'm already dreading 2016!

  5. #25
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    It could, but what I just said could change tomorrow. Give me a couple of new polls and the following states could change as to their forecasts.
    Kansas today I give I Orman a 51% chance of winning vs. Roberts 49% chance of winning
    Alaska today, Republican Sullivan a 52% change of winning vs. a 48% of winning for Begich. This is based mainly that polls in Alaska are inconsistent and unreliable.
    Iowa Republican Ernst 55% chance of winning vs. Democrat Braley at 45%
    North Carolina Democrat Hagan a 60% chance vs. Republican Tillis 40%
    New Hampshire Democrat Shaheen 60% vs. Republican Brown 40%

    The above states could change between now and election day, I do not think the others will. But you can see where the above states could easily change the numbers I gave you. Kansas stays Republican and the others remain the same, the GOP has control of the senate the day after election day. If Alaska and Iowa were to revert back to the Democrats as is very possible at this point the on the 5th it would be the Democrats with 49 and the Republicans with 47.

    North Carolina and New Hampshire are the opposite way, if they happened to go Republican on election the GOP could end up with 52 seats the day after with Louisiana and Georgia still to be decided.

    Yes, it is all very interesting.


    I wouldn't chalk up Colorado as a Republican gain just yet! I believe it will go Democrat!

  6. #26
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,774

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    It all depends on who votes and whether mass voter purges take effect.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  7. #27
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    They are just states without senate elections this year. Ive never been there, but Ohio is supposed to be a fascinating state, a microcosm of the US.
    for the update. I remember that BHO made at least five or six stops in Ohio during the last weeks of the 2012 election! Just making sure we hadn't forgotten him, I guess! :.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I didn't use a mail in this election. I will be going to the polls although in Ohio, it is currently leaning all red across the board. And that does my heart good. Ohio has often been called the bell-weather state. And yes I will be voting for every R on the ballot. Don't do that often, but this year I see a need to. I see the Republicans taking the Senate. I think it will be at least an 8 senator gain. North Carolina at the moment is a tie but I bet a pan of hot cinnamon rolls that the R's take that seat too. I am also pleased to see the number of Republican governors that look to be victors. This will be very helpful in the days leading up to 2016.
    Must be nice, Im in Ca so our govt is a sea of blue, and getting bluer every day. Its not easy being a conservative in this state, but I have found most didn't get there by accident.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    It all depends on who votes and whether mass voter purges take effect.
    Is that the latest excuse the left is going with? Nice aljazeera article.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,774

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Is that the latest excuse the left is going with? Nice aljazeera article.
    Spare me the denialism. You guys know that making your base old, straight, white Christians is a flawed strategy. And now your (plural) racism is in high gear to make sure all those brown, black, yellow, and red people can't vote.

    I'm *this* close to believing that we should scrap the federalist system and become a unitary state.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •