View Poll Results: Who wins the Senate next week?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, the Republicans win.

    23 50.00%
  • Im a left leaning American, the Republicans win.

    14 30.43%
  • Im not American, the Republicans win.

    1 2.17%
  • Im a right leaning American, the Democrats win.

    2 4.35%
  • Im a left leaning American, the Democrats win.

    6 13.04%
  • Im not American, the Democrats win.

    0 0%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104

Thread: Who wins the senate?

  1. #91
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,990

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    I disagree with that tactic regardless of which side is doing it. That is too much power for one person to have.
    I agree.

  2. #92
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Conservative media outlets skew Republican to provide the sense of crushing, overwhelming victory that the cage fighting addicts crave, liberal media outlets skew Republican to terrify Democrats to the voting booths, and mainstream media outlets swing against the party in power.

    Still, I expect things to go well for Republicans.

    Not that it really matters. I don't see that Republicans have a sustainable route to power other than more gerrymandering because the constitution of their entire party is organized around causing as much damage to ordinary people as they humanly and possibly can.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 11-01-14 at 03:12 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  3. #93
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,945
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Conservative media outlets skew Republican to provide the sense of crushing, overwhelming victory that the cage fighting addicts crave, liberal media outlets skew Republican to terrify Democrats to the voting booths, and mainstream media outlets swing against the party in power.

    Still, I expect things to go well for Republicans.

    Not that it really matters. I don't see that Republicans have a sustainable route to power other than more gerrymandering because the constitution of their entire party is organized around causing as much damage to ordinary people as they humanly and possibly can.
    Both parties utilize gerrymandering to the max, you can blame the Republican for Texas but in the same breath you must blame the Democrats for Illinois. As for this election, I think it is more of righting ideological differences of the states. Louisiana, Arkansas, South Dakota, West Virginia, Montana all should have had Republicans for quite awhile. The fact they didn't reflects back to the old south being solid Democratic, i.e. Arkansas and Louisiana. In South Dakota and Montana it is more a yen to be free of Washington's interference. West Virginia is all about coal.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #94
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Both parties utilize gerrymandering to the max, you can blame the Republican for Texas but in the same breath you must blame the Democrats for Illinois. As for this election, I think it is more of righting ideological differences of the states. Louisiana, Arkansas, South Dakota, West Virginia, Montana all should have had Republicans for quite awhile. The fact they didn't reflects back to the old south being solid Democratic, i.e. Arkansas and Louisiana. In South Dakota and Montana it is more a yen to be free of Washington's interference. West Virginia is all about coal.
    I blame Republicans more because they're nearly always (1) the first ones to do it or (2) the first ones to escalate it to a whole new, previously unimagined level of viciousness (3) the Democrats redeem their scumminess through other virtues that the Republicans totally lack. Modern gerrymandering as we understand wasn't possible in the past and was invented by the Republican Party from the 70s onward (to correct the ideological influence of the Civil Rights reforms) in a steady stream of innovations in order to compensate for the fact they weren't getting any votes from people who weren't glib enough to fall for their aggressive nonsense. Democrats already had the votes, so they had no need to make such innovations.

    On the surface, gerrymandering is gerrymandering and all parties are equal in their scumminess. Beneath the surface, drama is afoot.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 11-01-14 at 03:52 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  5. #95
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,945
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    I blame Republicans more because they're nearly always (1) the first ones to do it or (2) the first ones to escalate it to a whole new, previously unimagined level of viciousness (3) the Democrats redeem their scumminess through other virtues that the Republicans totally lack. Modern gerrymandering as we understand wasn't possible in the past and was invented by the Republican Party from the 70s onward (to correct the ideological influence of the Civil Rights reforms) in a steady stream of innovations in order to compensate for the fact they weren't getting any votes from people who weren't glib enough to fall for their aggressive nonsense. Democrats already had the votes, so they had no need to make such innovations.

    On the surface, gerrymandering is gerrymandering and all parties are equal in their scumminess. Beneath the surface, drama is afoot.
    That's quite a partisan take, which is fine. I have no desire to defend Republicans or any gerrymandering. But whenever I read something like this, I always get the feeling or think if I do the same wrong things my opponents does, that is okay. My goals are more righteous, correct or better off for the masses. but in the end it all boils down to using the same evil tricks and devices the other sides uses which makes you no better or worse than the other side.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #96
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,661

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    I blame Republicans more because they're nearly always (1) the first ones to do it or (2) the first ones to escalate it to a whole new, previously unimagined level of viciousness (3) the Democrats redeem their scumminess through other virtues that the Republicans totally lack. Modern gerrymandering as we understand wasn't possible in the past and was invented by the Republican Party from the 70s onward (to correct the ideological influence of the Civil Rights reforms) in a steady stream of innovations in order to compensate for the fact they weren't getting any votes from people who weren't glib enough to fall for their aggressive nonsense. Democrats already had the votes, so they had no need to make such innovations.

    On the surface, gerrymandering is gerrymandering and all parties are equal in their scumminess. Beneath the surface, drama is afoot.
    Gerrymandering can (and does) take two forms: 1) it can be used to artificially dilute the vote of a given block by carefully spreading them among many districts or 2) it can be used to create artificially concentrated districts to award a given voting block a virtually guaranteed seat.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    I just got a call from some unknown actor that said if I didn't vote for Thom Tillis he was going to stop telling people that he was from North Carolina. He was going to start telling people that he was from Tennessee. I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

  8. #98
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,990

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Gerrymandering can (and does) take two forms: 1) it can be used to artificially dilute the vote of a given block by carefully spreading them among many districts or 2) it can be used to create artificially concentrated districts to award a given voting block a virtually guaranteed seat.
    I am still amused by the lefts sudden distaste for gerrymandering. They were happy to use it when they held the advantage. It's only been an advantage to republicans since the 2010 midterms when republicans won over 600 state legislative seats.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    I am still amused by the lefts sudden distaste for gerrymandering. They were happy to use it when they held the advantage. It's only been an advantage to republicans since the 2010 midterms when republicans won over 600 state legislative seats.
    Complaining about Gerrymandering is kind of like complaining about gravity. Gravity sucks for fat people but gravity will always exist. Gerrymandering sucks for people who lose elections but Gerrymandering will always exist. A human being has to draw lines for congressional districts. It can't be done by a robot. You can redraw lines 10 billion different ways but all 10 billion outcomes will benefit one party or the other.

    Gerrymandering is a non-issue. It's a great distraction or a great excuse for losing. Nothing more.
    Last edited by vasuderatorrent; 11-01-14 at 07:52 PM.

  10. #100
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,889

    Re: Who wins the senate?

    New Iowa Poll shows Joni Ernst up 7 points well above the margin of error.
    Iowa Poll: Why Joni Ernst leads by 7 percentage points

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •