View Poll Results: Is it appropriate to demand proof or facts on Debate Politics?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We need the facts to make for fair discussion.

    41 61.19%
  • Yes. Some people make stuff up.

    24 35.82%
  • No. Demanding proof is a cop out or scare tactic.

    4 5.97%
  • No. Proof is for trials in court and irrelavent for debates.

    1 1.49%
  • Yes. Other.

    22 32.84%
  • No. Other.

    4 5.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 595

Thread: Proof and Facts[W:76"283]

  1. #521
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    everyone who has read it from what I have seen
    Again, I could not care less about what a couple of people think.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #522
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,425

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Your question does not say that and it took you a couple of days to come up with that different explaination.
    I'm pretty sure everyone else understood it immediately. You're the only person that didn't get it and needed someone to explain what the right to life means.

    Would you like for me to explain the Constitution? I mean, as long as things are coming to light... might as well take a shot?


    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Again, I could not care less about what a couple of people think.
    Typical CTism, pretending that only those directly engaged are appalled despite a complete lack of support. So sad.

  3. #523
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,758

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Again, I could not care less about what a couple of people think.
    but when you claim that those clauses clearly and plainly demonstrate a delegation of gun control power to the federal government and not another person see that , it suggests that your argument is lacking in support



  4. #524
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    but when you claim that those clauses clearly and plainly demonstrate a delegation of gun control power to the federal government and not another person see that , it suggests that your argument is lacking in support
    Everyone and not another person are a couple of people in these threads whose mind on the topic of guns was long long long ago made up against anything I would say about the topic regardless of evidence or proof or argument.

    So with that in mind, I could not care less what they might think. You are more than welcome to the support of those couple of people in these threads.

    The US Supreme Court supports that Article I Section 8 can be used to regulate firearms. And with them on the side of my position - that is a winning hand against your position.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #525
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,425

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Everyone and not another person are a couple of people in these threads whose mind on the topic of guns was long long long ago made up against anything I would say about the topic regardless of evidence or proof or argument.

    So with that in mind, I could not care less what they might think.
    Dude, we're not against you personally. This is a debate website. Let's not slip into a persecution complex to escape from criticism of a CT.

  6. #526
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Dude, we're not against you personally. This is a debate website. Let's not slip into a persecution complex to escape from criticism of a CT.

    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #527
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,758

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Everyone and not another person are a couple of people in these threads whose mind on the topic of guns was long long long ago made up against anything I would say about the topic regardless of evidence or proof or argument.

    So with that in mind, I could not care less what they might think. You are more than welcome to the support of those couple of people in these threads.

    The US Supreme Court supports that Article I Section 8 can be used to regulate firearms. And with them on the side of my position - that is a winning hand against your position.
    again what a supreme court allowed 140 years later in no way supports your claim. It appears every time you are pressed to prove your claims about sec 8 and the intent of the founders you either claim the founders lied or you go to a 1939 case that never ever actually SAID what you claim: the court limited itself to a discussion of the 2A that was based on the fact that Miller did not have anyone argue his case before them



  8. #528
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    again what a supreme court allowed 140 years later in no way supports your claim.
    Actually it does as it has not been overturned and is the law of the land.

    And if it does not accept the federal government having the Constitutional power to pass laws regarding firearms, can you explain why you think the decision was wrong and was the work of evil itself?

    You cannot have it both ways no matter how you wish you could.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #529
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,425

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So you're claiming everyone else is a CTer because they understand history and science? No, dude. You're the one with the wacky narrative involving thousands of co-conspirators fooling millions of people.

  10. #530
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,425

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Actually it does as it has not been overturned and is the law of the land.
    So gay marriage should be illegal? That's Constitutional as well?

Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •