View Poll Results: Is it appropriate to demand proof or facts on Debate Politics?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We need the facts to make for fair discussion.

    41 61.19%
  • Yes. Some people make stuff up.

    24 35.82%
  • No. Demanding proof is a cop out or scare tactic.

    4 5.97%
  • No. Proof is for trials in court and irrelavent for debates.

    1 1.49%
  • Yes. Other.

    22 32.84%
  • No. Other.

    4 5.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 595

Thread: Proof and Facts[W:76"283]

  1. #481
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,910

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you have not given me anything other than a claim

    no proof

    no examination of the language which clearly contains nothing about gun control

    just an opinion that has no support in any document from that era
    The document is the US COnstitution.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #482
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The document is the US COnstitution.
    that fails because it requires people to accept your interpretation of language that has nothing to do with federal gun control

    you need to show us the specific language and why it says what you claim it does



  3. #483
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,910

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that fails because it requires people to accept your interpretation of language that has nothing to do with federal gun control
    YOu badly confuse me with somebody who cares what people on gun threads think.

    Article 1 section 8 the same five clauses i have given you over and over and over again. 1, 3, 15, 16 , 18 They have not changed.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #484
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    YOu badly confuse me with somebody who cares what people on gun threads think.

    Article 1 section8 the same five clauses i have given you over and over and over again. They have not changed.
    and your saying so is not sufficient proof given that there is absolutely no support for your interpretation as to four of those



  5. #485
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,910

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and your saying so is not sufficient proof given that there is absolutely no support for your interpretation as to four of those
    all I need is one Turtle and I have had that for decades now. That makes me the winner. As to the opinion of support from gun threads - I DON'T CARE.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #486
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    all I need is one Turtle and I have had that for decades now. As to the opinion of support from gun threads - I DON'T CARE.
    this is a thread about proof
    you make a claim that certain clauses of sec 8 establish the founders intended federal gun control

    all you have for four of those is your assertion

    how about some proof?



  7. #487
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    YOu badly confuse me with somebody who cares what people on gun threads think.
    I think it's pretty obvious you don't care, CT positions are like that. You know... hologram planes, thermite, founding fathers that were lying and fooled everyone... that kind of stuff. CTers just repeat it over and over, no matter what evidence is presented to them. This leads to a condition wherein the CTer doesn't actually care about anything anyone else says because everything other people say contradicts their loony CT.

    They close the door to the outside, lock it and throw away the key. So, I don't think anyone is under the misconception that CTers care what non-CTers say. We know they can't.

  8. #488
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    That makes me the winner. As to the opinion of support from gun threads - I DON'T CARE.
    This is getting sad.

  9. #489
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,910

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this is a thread about proof
    No its not as you have rejected it when presented to you.

    All you do is ask the same questions over and over and over again and reject my answers. And when I ask questions you ignore them refusing to answer them.

    So I ask you again Turtle - is there some point to repeating all this over and over and over again?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #490
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    No its not as you have rejected it when presented to you.
    I would still like to see some facts and proof other than your saying so since other than the commerce clause, not one gun control bill has ever tried to use one of the other clauses you mentioned as jurisdictional support

    certainly, none of the founders ever expressed any support for your interpretation

    so we need a bit more



Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •