View Poll Results: Is it appropriate to demand proof or facts on Debate Politics?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We need the facts to make for fair discussion.

    41 61.19%
  • Yes. Some people make stuff up.

    24 35.82%
  • No. Demanding proof is a cop out or scare tactic.

    4 5.97%
  • No. Proof is for trials in court and irrelavent for debates.

    1 1.49%
  • Yes. Other.

    22 32.84%
  • No. Other.

    4 5.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 595

Thread: Proof and Facts[W:76"283]

  1. #441
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and there is no words in any part of sec 8 that even hints at such a power

    and there is no document contemporaneous with the constitution from ANY of those who supported the constitution's enactment that supports your argument

    so it appears its merely speculation without any evidence whatsoever
    Intentional denial is what prevents you from seeing the obvious that the evidence is Article I Section 8 right there in the Constitution as has been explained to you time after time after time.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #442
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    They did. Deliberate and intentional denial is what stands in the way of you admitting that
    they did not say that plainly or even inferred it

    plainly would be

    Congress has the power to regulate arms owned by the citizens of the several states

    there is nothing plain at all



  3. #443
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    they did not say that plainly or even inferred it

    plainly would be

    Congress has the power to regulate arms owned by the citizens of the several states

    there is nothing plain at all
    that is simply the protective defense mechanism of denial.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #444
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Intentional denial is what prevents you from seeing the obvious that the evidence is Article I Section 8 right there in the Constitution as has been explained to you time after time after time.
    yes you continue to say that and no one else has found it to be as you claim.

    it took 140 years for someone to pretend the commerce clause allowed it

    what specific words plainly demonstrate a power to regulate small arms was intended by the founders

    you have never ever shown us the exact words you claim plainly delegate that power



  5. #445
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    that is simply the defense mechanism of denial.
    that has no value of proof



  6. #446
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yes you continue to say that and no one else has found it to be as you claim.
    No one else?!?!?!? Who in tarnation is NO ONE ELSE and tell me why I should give any concern to what anybody else says in the first place?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #447
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that has no value of proof
    It explains your same repeated response.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #448
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    No one else?!?!?!? Who in tarnation is NO ONE ELSE and tell me why I should give any concern to what anybody else says in the first place?
    if the language of sec 8 is as plain a delegation of power as you say it is, how is it that NOT ONE Gun control bill has ever invoked anything other than the commerce clause as jurisdictional support. NO bill ever introduced to congress to infringe on our rights to keep and bear arms invokes

    ANYTHING other than the commerce clause

    PLAIN TO ME means at least a FEW other people would SEE what you claim is obvious



  9. #449
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post

    it took 140 years for someone to pretend the commerce clause allowed it
    Which is ancient history compared to Scalia recently discovering the Second Amendment is an individual right.

    So who cares when? It shows I am right about Article I Section 8 and you are wrong.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #450
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Which is ancient history compared to Scalia recently discovering the Second Amendment is an individual right.

    So who cares when? It shows I am right about Article I Section 8 and you are wrong.
    how was that so discovered when that was the obvious intent of the founders

    if you are right how is it there is no language in sec 8 that even hints at such a power and you refuse to actually show as the actual words and demonstrate that those words really mean federal gun control



Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •