View Poll Results: Is it appropriate to demand proof or facts on Debate Politics?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We need the facts to make for fair discussion.

    41 61.19%
  • Yes. Some people make stuff up.

    24 35.82%
  • No. Demanding proof is a cop out or scare tactic.

    4 5.97%
  • No. Proof is for trials in court and irrelavent for debates.

    1 1.49%
  • Yes. Other.

    22 32.84%
  • No. Other.

    4 5.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 595

Thread: Proof and Facts[W:76"283]

  1. #311
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Lots of people do - natural rights deniers. For example: Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Saddam...

    It's like they're detached from humanity and lack the basic empathy inherent to humans that is needed to understand natural rights.
    And those people have what to do with the discussion here?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #312
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And those people have what to do with the discussion here?
    There are plenty of natural rights deniers among our population here and in this thread. Their position should be understood for the inhuman garbage it is.

  3. #313
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    terrible track record on knowledge of founding documents.
    Please provide evidence of that terrible track record complete with the quotes, the verifiable evidence of mistakes, the statements that were correct, and the percentage of error which validates your claim of a track record.

    If you cannot do that - you have no claim of any terrible track record.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #314
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So you cannot provide any evidence that natural rights exist outside of any belief system held by the believer because they want to believe. Thank you.
    telling me that natural rights only exist for those who believe in natural rights.....is a ridiculous position.

    you are wrong because it is part of our founding documents, embodied in the Constitution, and written about by our founding fathers.

    so to make it plain, on your side you have: ..... you.

    opposite of your position we have:....... the founders, founding documents.
    Last edited by Master PO; 11-01-14 at 05:18 PM.

  5. #315
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    There are plenty of natural rights deniers among our population here and in this thread. Their position should be understood for the inhuman garbage it is.
    And it could not be a simple difference of opinion between people who have made a decision to believe something which cannot be proven and those who simply do not believe as you do?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #316
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And it could not be a simple difference of opinion
    It's not. It's a horrid lack of understanding founded in a denial of empathy as inherent to humans.

  7. #317
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Please provide evidence of that terrible track record complete with the quotes, the verifiable evidence of mistakes, the statements that were correct, and the percentage of error which validates your claim of a track record.

    If you cannot do that - you have no claim of any terrible track record.
    already have done that , before you asked.

  8. #318
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    It's not. It's a horrid lack of understanding founded in a denial of empathy as inherent to humans.
    Why do you insist on demonizing those who simply do not believe as you do?

    What proof do you have that a simple disagreement on this issue of a belief in natural rights translates into a lack of empathy on the part of people who do not believe in the theory of natural rights? Where is your evidence of this claim in attacking other people like you are doing?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #319
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    already have done that , before you asked.
    You have not done anything close - let alone supply evidence for even one claim.

    A TRACK RECORD is complete. It involves all the data - both positive and negative. And you have provided nothing except your own claims without any linked to evidence.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #320
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Why do you insist on demonizing those who simply do not believe as you do?
    It's not demonization. It's fact. Those that deny human rights are ignorant and detached from humanity in their denial of empathy being inherent to humans.

    Not opinion, not belief... fact.

Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •