View Poll Results: Is it appropriate to demand proof or facts on Debate Politics?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We need the facts to make for fair discussion.

    41 61.19%
  • Yes. Some people make stuff up.

    24 35.82%
  • No. Demanding proof is a cop out or scare tactic.

    4 5.97%
  • No. Proof is for trials in court and irrelavent for debates.

    1 1.49%
  • Yes. Other.

    22 32.84%
  • No. Other.

    4 5.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 595

Thread: Proof and Facts[W:76"283]

  1. #201
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So tell me EB - as a big natural rights believer perhaps you can answer a question when others here are avoiding it like french kissing an ebola carrier.

    If a belief in natural rights exists only in the belief system of the believer, can you explain how at the same time you can assert that these rights are "pre-existing" since a right which exists only as a belief cannot be exercised or used or enjoyed in reality in our world?
    your first mistake....you made claims you cannot support, yet you ask questions of me.

  2. #202
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It has nothing to do with everyone else. It has to do with a small number of people who employ intentional tactics to kill debate and control opinion on this issue.

    And it has nothing to do with being right or wrong on any issue or claim of fact or even opinion.

    I made a lengthy post on this a few months ago in the SUGGESTIONS section. It can be found here.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/feedba...ds-change.html
    that silliness is really tl so I dr

    and I am not the one whose posts are called evasive, dishonest etc



  3. #203
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Anytime I come across tl dr then I will intervene. It's a pet peeve of mine. It is something that nobody should ever say. It's childish and disrespectful. You shouldn't say it. Next time I read a comment when you say it I will say something similar. Nobody should ever say it. A person should always be called out for making a dumb comment like that.

    The short version: It's a pet peeve of mine.
    Intervene?
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    tl dr ts
    Stop doing that. It's totally disrespectful and makes you look like an imbecile. If you are too lazy to read just don't say anything. You don't have to make disrespectful and childish comments that make you appear to be less intelligent than you actually are.

    Stop! There is no reason for you to be using these disrespectful and childish comments. If you are overwhelmed by the volume of information just don't read or tell them that you are overwhelmed with the information and incapable of reading it. Then he can take your limitations into consideration in the future. If you make childish and disrespectful comments it discredits you severely. I'll say it one more time tonight. Stop!

  5. #205
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,882

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    your first mistake....you made claims you cannot support, yet you ask questions of me.
    So you too will not dare answer it because it destroys your belief system. Got it loud and clear.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #206
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Stop doing that. It's totally disrespectful and makes you look like an imbecile. If you are too lazy to read just don't say anything. You don't have to make disrespectful and childish comments that make you appear to be less intelligent than you actually are.

    Stop! There is no reason for you to be using these disrespectful and childish comments. If you are overwhelmed by the volume of information just don't read or tell them that you are overwhelmed with the information and incapable of reading it. Then he can take your limitations into consideration in the future. If you make childish and disrespectful comments it discredits you severely. I'll say it one more time tonight. Stop!
    tl dr-who appointed you to be forum boss?

    lets get back to the topic. the failure of proof that those who pretend the founders did not want to recognize natural rights was on the table



  7. #207
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,882

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that silliness is really tl so I dr

    and I am not the one whose posts are called evasive, dishonest etc
    You are the one who leads the pack who does the things I discussed. You asked me Turtle - and I gave you my honest opinion.

    And I would bet a lot of money I am not telling you anything you do not know since you do this very very intentionally for the very reasons I laid out clearly and without any ambiguity.

    And let me tell you one thing about me Turtle: I do not give a crap about what anybody else thinks about me or my style or anything else I post. My entire life I have been confident in my own skin and I am not the weak sister who needs a crowd to comfort them and nod their heads in gang style. So when somebody gloms on to your dishonest line about being evasive because you have nothing else of any substance - it means nothing to me. In fact, I can predict the names of the persons who would post agreement with you.

    You saying you did not read is you saying you are so hopeless to refute it you have no other option than to resort to that sham. Its sad. Vas is 1000% correct.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #208
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You are the one who leads the pack who does the things I discussed. You asked me Turtle - and I gave you my honest opinion.

    And I would bet a lot of money I am not telling you anything you do not know since you do this very very intentionally for the very reasons I laid out clearly and without any ambiguity.

    And let me tell you one thing about me Turtle: I do not give a crap about what anybody else thinks about me or my style or anything else I post. My entire life I have been confident in my own skin and I am not the weak sister who needs a crowd to comfort them and nod their heads in gang style. So when somebody gloms on to your dishonest line about being evasive because you have nothing else of any substance - it means nothing to me. In fact, I can predict the names of the persons who would post agreement with you.

    You saying you did not read is you saying you are so hopeless to refute it you have no other option than to resort to that sham. Its sad. Vas is 1000% correct.
    Wow I am the leader of the pack.

    you have never posted anything on this topic that is supported by fact or that appears to be honest to me



  9. #209
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So you too will not dare answer it because it destroys your belief system. Got it loud and clear.
    sorry but YOU.... who has made claims here, not me....now you support them....instead of asking questions of people to disprove your claims.

    in laymen's terms:.....stop trying to have people prove your statements wrong, the burden is on YOU, to prove your statements are correct.

  10. #210
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,882

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Wow I am the leader of the pack.

    you have never posted anything on this topic that is supported by fact or that appears to be honest to me
    you previously said you did not read it. Now you say it was not supported by fact or honesty.

    So which is your lie?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •