View Poll Results: Is it appropriate to demand proof or facts on Debate Politics?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We need the facts to make for fair discussion.

    41 61.19%
  • Yes. Some people make stuff up.

    24 35.82%
  • No. Demanding proof is a cop out or scare tactic.

    4 5.97%
  • No. Proof is for trials in court and irrelavent for debates.

    1 1.49%
  • Yes. Other.

    22 32.84%
  • No. Other.

    4 5.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 595

Thread: Proof and Facts[W:76"283]

  1. #191
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,040

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no one else has found it either Haymarket.
    You are one person Turtle. One person.

    I am so sick of you getting the proof you ask for but pretending that just because your own stubborn belief system does not allow you to see otherwise you act like it was never submitted at all. I gave you five different clauses in the constitution- including one that the Supreme COurt agrees with me - AND ONE IS ALL WE NEED - but you still insist they are not there.

    It is blatantly intellectually fraudulent to pull that denial stunt over and over and over again.

    If you wallow under the falsehood that I am FDR - you badly need to be disabused of it. If you wallow under the falsehood that my line of argument is limited to something put before the Court 3/4 of a century ago - you need to flush that down the appropriate receptacle.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,040

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    1) what caused you to butt in on an argument that has been going on long before you joined this forum

    2) i have seen all of his stale arguments before and I was saying the same old nonsense is too long and I didn't read it. More experienced posters on this board understand that. claiming I have some inability to read, rather than no desire to read the same silly argument for the 200th time is really pretty pathetic
    I will join in any discussion I want to join. Are we clear on that?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #193
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You are one person Turtle. One person.

    I am so sick of you getting the proof you ask for but pretending that just because your own stubborn belief system does not allow you to see otherwise you act like it was never submitted at all. I gave you five different clauses in the constitution- including one that the Supreme COurt agrees with me - AND ONE IS ALL WE NEED - but you still insist they are not there.

    It is blatantly intellectually fraudulent to pull that denial stunt over and over and over again.

    If you wallow under the falsehood that I am FDR - you badly need to be disabused of it. If you wallow under the falsehood that my line of argument is limited to something put before the Court 3/4 of a century ago - you need to flush that down the appropriate receptacle.
    yet no one claims my proof is deficient on these arguments. yours-quite often

    no one else has tried to justify federal gun control on any part of sec 8 under than the CC

    no one

    what does that tell you Haymarket?



  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    1) what caused you to butt in on an argument that has been going on long before you joined this forum

    2) i have seen all of his stale arguments before and I was saying the same old nonsense is too long and I didn't read it. More experienced posters on this board understand that. claiming I have some inability to read, rather than no desire to read the same silly argument for the 200th time is really pretty pathetic
    Anytime I come across tl dr then I will intervene. It's a pet peeve of mine. It is something that nobody should ever say. It's childish and disrespectful. You shouldn't say it. Next time I read a comment when you say it I will say something similar. Nobody should ever say it. A person should always be called out for making a dumb comment like that.

    The short version: It's a pet peeve of mine.

  5. #195
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    Anytime I come across tl dr then I will intervene. It's a pet peeve of mine. It is something that nobody should ever say. It's childish and disrespectful. You shouldn't say it. Next time I read a comment when you say it I will say something similar. Nobody should ever say it and should always be called out for making a dumb comment like that.

    The short version: It's a pet peeve of mine.
    tl dr ts



  6. #196
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,040

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yet no one claims my proof is deficient on these arguments. yours-quite often

    no one else has tried to justify federal gun control on any part of sec 8 under than the CC

    no one

    what does that tell you Haymarket?
    It tells me several things:

    1- people here defer to you on gun matters because they know of your single minded obsession with it and they do not want to subject themselves to the complete Turtle treatment that is reserved for people who oppose your views with anything more than a post or two.
    2- your love for Argumentum ad Populum has not waned since the first fifty times you invoked it
    3 - the opinion of a half dozen or so gun aficionados on carefully controlled gun threads on a right libertarian site means less than the utilitarian value of a five pound bag of garden manure

    Of course you are well aware of this since I have stated all this many times before.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    tl dr ts
    I knew you were too lazy to read. That's why I offered the short version. You are being disrespectful and childish when you say that dumb mess.

  8. #198
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    I knew you were too lazy to read. That's why I offered the short version. You are being disrespectful and childish when you say that dumb mess.
    tl dr ts



  9. #199
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It tells me several things:

    1- people here defer to you on gun matters because they know of your single minded obsession with it and they do not want to subject themselves to the complete Turtle treatment that is reserved for people who oppose your views with anything more than a post or two.
    2- your love for Argumentum ad Populum has not waned since the first fifty times you invoked it
    3 - the opinion of a half dozen or so gun aficionados on carefully controlled gun threads on a right libertarian site means less than the utilitarian value of a five pound bag of garden manure

    Of course you are well aware of this since I have stated all this many times before.
    the old everyone else is wrong argument

    doesn't work



  10. #200
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,040

    Re: Proof and Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the old everyone else is wrong argument

    doesn't work
    It has nothing to do with everyone else. It has to do with a small number of people who employ intentional tactics to kill debate and control opinion on this issue.

    And it has nothing to do with being right or wrong on any issue or claim of fact or even opinion.

    I made a lengthy post on this a few months ago in the SUGGESTIONS section. It can be found here.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/feedba...ds-change.html
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •