View Poll Results: Do you like political television ads?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love them!

    6 13.33%
  • Meh, don't really care one way or another.

    7 15.56%
  • Not no, but HELL NO!!!

    32 71.11%
  • Can't decide.

    0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Do you like political television ads?

  1. #21
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,631

    Re: Do you like political television ads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yes, they work. If they didn't, politicians wouldn't spend millions of special interest bri.. I mean campaign finance money to run them.
    However, I think my point would bring some amount of skepticism toward the honesty of this poll's results.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #22
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,934

    Re: Do you like political television ads?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Do you like political television ads?

    So many people claim to hate them, and I believe they are sincere in that. I might be weird, but yes, I do like them. I can't explain why. Positive, neutral, negative... doesn't matter. I get a kick out of them. I'm usually kind of sad when the election is over and they go away.
    Do I like political ads? I don't know, do you like it when a complete stranger sticks his tongue in your ear?

  3. #23
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Do you like political television ads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Do I like political ads? I don't know, do you like it when a complete stranger sticks his tongue in your ear?
    How hot is she? I just might.

    Ok, you did specify "his", but still...
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Do you like political television ads?

    I never see any, I ignore all advertising. I get really pissed off at people who call me though, in fact, I just cancelled my landline because the only people who call me on it want to sell me something or want to ask for money. I'd rather not have one because of it. I've taken to telling every single person who calls that because of them, they've just cost their candidate my vote.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #25
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Do you like political television ads?

    Political ads amuse me, usually.

    Also, I rarely see them because I don't watch TV. Sometimes youtube has em.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you like political television ads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I prefer to get my political information from sources other than 30 second advertisements.

    I don't watch them.
    Nothing but Huf Po for you, eh?

  7. #27
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Do you like political television ads?

    Its often fun to call them out on the lies and gross distortion of facts, the often exceed the lies and gross distortion of facts of your average DP post. Otherwise, they are just annoying.

    Every now and then, however, you get a clever or, at least, original one. Cory Gardner ran this ad taking a shot the all the Udall's that are or have been office in a parody of the old TV series Dynasty, a 1980's ABC prime-time soap that was a knock off of Dallas, set in Denver. It was cute, but of course, the reference was lost on anyone under 45.

    Republicans double down, poke Udall ‘Dynasty’ in new video | FOX31 Denver

    Oh, yes, in the end, its a negative ad full of the lies and gross distortion of facts of which we have all become too accustom.

    Last edited by upsideguy; 10-24-14 at 02:15 AM.

  8. #28
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,760

    Re: Do you like political television ads?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    no. i hate them. i hate them even more than fake testimonials, the outside bathtub boner people, and the dude who would have cracked the block of his overheated 1969 Camaro if he had really poured ice cold water into it after taking a boner pill. the only commercial that even comes close to my level of hate for political ads is that ****ing piece of **** Crestor idiocy.
    So....I feel like you're holding back....trying to hide your true feelings....tell us what you really think.
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  9. #29
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,760

    Re: Do you like political television ads?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Do you like political television ads?

    So many people claim to hate them, and I believe they are sincere in that. I might be weird, but yes, I do like them. I can't explain why. Positive, neutral, negative... doesn't matter. I get a kick out of them. I'm usually kind of sad when the election is over and they go away.
    Well, I don't HATE them, but I don't watch a lot of TV, so I don't feel like I'm being bombarded.
    They can be funny, though.
    One local Dem congressman is being castigated by his Rep opponent for..."..voting with Pelosi 87% of the time..."
    That's all???
    Jeez a pol who only toes the party line 87% of the time would be called a RINO in the GOP.
    That 87% makes the guy sound like an independent.
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  10. #30
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you like political television ads?

    I don't like any kind of ad.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •