View Poll Results: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0.1% to 2%

    24 21.24%
  • 2% to 4%

    32 28.32%
  • 4% to 6%

    34 30.09%
  • 6% to 10%

    18 15.93%
  • 10% to 15%

    2 1.77%
  • Over 15%

    3 2.65%
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 301

Thread: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

  1. #1
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    I say "...in your estimation" because, as someone else said in another thread, not all gay people are willing to admit it (for reasons of their own), so the best stats we have are most likely incomplete.

    Note also, bi-sexual, bi-curious, etc., are not included in the question. Straight (pun only slightly intended ) gay only.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #2
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    the figure can change over time. now? small.

  3. #3
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    the figure can change over time. now? small.
    Would it? I would think that it'd remain relatively constant over time. Barring unnatural outside influences.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #4
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    It does not matter how small of a percentage of the population is gay, no matter what the real number is there is no reason to consider them less.

  5. #5
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,138

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    You left off the option of 100%.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  6. #6
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    It does not matter how small of a percentage of the population is gay, no matter what the real number is there is no reason to consider them less.
    I don't get the impression that radcen considers them less. I've never seen evidence that he has any issues at all with a person's sexual preference. If I were to guess, I'd think it's purely a matter of curiosity.

    Based on my observation, I'd say the percentage is very low, but maybe that's just because of my particular location and environment. My guess would be in the 3-5% range.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #7
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I don't get the impression that Radcen considers them less. I've never seen evidence that he has any issues at all with a person's sexual preference. If I were to guess, I'd think it's purely a matter of curiosity.

    Based on my observation, I'd say the percentage is very low, but maybe that's just because of my particular location and environment. My guess would be in the 3-5% range.
    Based on my observation, every time the question is asked it becomes a precursor to suggesting gays and lesbians are less relevant.

    I've seen sources put the number as low as 1%-2%, but could would not care if it is even as low as 0.5%. The conversation does not change for me in that there is no real reason to suggest they are less.

  8. #8
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    2 to 10 %. Best guess maybe 2 to 5 %, but even that is a guess.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #9
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    04-15-15 @ 01:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    459

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Under 2%

  10. #10
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    the figure can change over time. now? small.
    We do not even know what determines orientation at the current time. Without knowing that, we cannot know if the figure changes over time.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •