View Poll Results: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0.1% to 2%

    24 21.24%
  • 2% to 4%

    32 28.32%
  • 4% to 6%

    34 30.09%
  • 6% to 10%

    18 15.93%
  • 10% to 15%

    2 1.77%
  • Over 15%

    3 2.65%
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 301

Thread: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

  1. #61
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Changing laws is special laws
    So, changing the laws to specifically ban SSM were "special laws" favoring heterosexuals. Right?
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  2. #62
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?


    I say "...in your estimation" because, as someone else said in another thread, not all gay people are willing to admit it (for reasons of their own), so the best stats we have are most likely incomplete.

    Note also, bi-sexual, bi-curious, etc., are not included in the question. Straight (pun only slightly intended ) gay only.


    My guesstimate is that 100% of those who aren't heterosexual are gay.

  3. #63
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    There is no reason to give such a small percentage power or special rights
    They don't want power or extra rights. They want eagles with rainbow wings.

    In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?-avatar8976_1-jpeg
    Last edited by d0gbreath; 10-23-14 at 11:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  4. #64
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    There is no reason to give such a small percentage power or special rights


    Let's just give them the same rights that everyone else has, eh?

    Is that OK with you?




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

  5. #65
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    I chose 2-4 percent. It's probably higher but sadly I think a lot of gay people don't feel comfortable acknowledging the fact, and admitting it. That's a shame too. People's bedroom preferences should not be attacked, mocked, belittled or denigrated in any way. I think our sexual preferences are as private as anything we have/do/think.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #66
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Less than 3% according to the liberals beloved big government and Obama administration.
    We all know liberals believe everything their beloved Obama administration says


    Health survey gives government its first large-scale data on gay, bisexual population - The Washington Post


    You all believe a lot of BS then.

  7. #67
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    04-15-15 @ 01:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    459

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    My guesstimate is that 100% of those who aren't heterosexual are gay.
    Some % are asexual some are bisexual. 100% may be high.

  8. #68
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Who had post 18 in the pedophile comparison raffle?
    Seriously, can you guys ever discuss gays without the pedophile comparison?


    A few people on this forum can't.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    You all believe a lot of BS then.
    Not at all on this forum you see liberals defending all the Obama failed policies

  10. #70
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I chose 2-4 percent. It's probably higher but sadly I think a lot of gay people don't feel comfortable acknowledging the fact, and admitting it. That's a shame too. People's bedroom preferences should not be attacked, mocked, belittled or denigrated in any way. I think our sexual preferences are as private as anything we have/do/think.
    Or maybe some don't feel comfortable admitting that they are homosexuals because they can be fired, denied housing, and be legally discriminated against in the marketplace, not to mention be targeted for verbal and physical violence.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •