View Poll Results: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0.1% to 2%

    24 21.24%
  • 2% to 4%

    32 28.32%
  • 4% to 6%

    34 30.09%
  • 6% to 10%

    18 15.93%
  • 10% to 15%

    2 1.77%
  • Over 15%

    3 2.65%
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 301

Thread: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

  1. #141
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,314

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?
    Here in the UK I'd say less than 2%

    I have lived in France for 4 years. There the number is the same but about 85% of men have sex with other men, but not in a gay way.

    I have never understood the French mentality.

  2. #142
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,516

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    Hmm, that is an interesting observation. That makes sense, IF it is genetic. It is possible for something to not be a choice and still not be genetic. It is also possible that conditions inside the womb that have little to do with the genetics of the fetus could affect it as well. My non-expert opinion is that orientation derives from a myriad of factors. But if even a portion of it is genetic then one would expect the actual percentage to decrease, even if the numbers of people coming out of the closet increases.
    That's right, conditions in the womb during gestation that are not genetic, but are epigenetic, is the recently revealed scientific presentation on the etiology of homosexuality: http://www.debatepolitics.com/genera...post1063901614
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  3. #143
    Advisor 29A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Last Seen
    02-12-15 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    450

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    at one time government was not involved in marriage at all, under Blacks law, government got in the marriage business because of mixed marriage.
    So it used to be a right, and now it's a privilege?

    you have a right to be with another person, but no one has a right to a piece of paper and have another person preform a service for them.

    a right..... is given to you by god/ or by nature/ or by a higher power however ever you choose the founders left it subjective........but its..........an entity.... ABOVE government.

    a right...... is something you exercise without it being hindered in any way, by another person or government..........it requires no action, from another person or a government
    By that presentation what happens in the course of contracts. One has a right to make them, but it also involves the free consent of another individual/entity.

    a privilege/ civil right /legal right ...is something you receive from government, and it requires an action from government, like government services.

    a marriage....... requires a license [rights are not licensed] and a third person to at least to preform the service of marriage.
    But as I noted above, state requisitioning of marriage licenses is a fairly recent development.

    nothing can be a right, if it lays a cost or burden on another citizen.
    Exactly, which brings us to the differentiation between positive and negative rights. Positive rights burden another.

    when people say, "i have a right to be married"........then they are saying they can use FORCE on another person to see their right is fulfilled..... thats illogical.....rights do not have the power of force on another people, because you would be are stepping into their rights.
    That would be an example of a positive right. Examples of positive rights include those listed by FDR in his January 11, 1944 State of the Union Address.
    Second Bill of Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    pursuit of happiness is ......[property].
    I kind of made this argument to machlight below: If Jefferson meant, by "the pursuit of Happiness", "property", why didn't he use that term? Perhaps his source of inspiration for the phrase was not from Locke, but Epicurus? Perhaps it was an euphemism, inspired by abolitionists' reservations in enshrining property as a right, given the status of slaves.

  4. #144
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,437

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Well, IF they are born with it as many assert, it's genetic. In the past they were encouraged to marry straight and pass those genes on. However, now they can marry same sex with less chance of reproduction. So the number may shrink in the future. Another win for homosexual marriage.
    Interesting point. I hadn't thought about that aspect.

    So, that begs the question: Going with gays being born as such, is it a 'genetic defect'*, or is it simply random chance?

    If a 'defect', then numbers might shrink in the future as genes aren't passed down. Most gays would adopt as part of a SSM couple, not procreate. If random chance, then nothing would change, percentage-wise.

    *- I can't think of a better phrase, no ill intent is meant.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #145
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    I say "...in your estimation" because, as someone else said in another thread, not all gay people are willing to admit it (for reasons of their own), so the best stats we have are most likely incomplete.

    Note also, bi-sexual, bi-curious, etc., are not included in the question. Straight (pun only slightly intended ) gay only.
    I voted 6-10% but i wouldnt be surprised if its near 15%
    with the amount of fear of coming out and bigotry against gays its hard to tell.
    Id guess no lower than 7%
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #146
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    There is no reason to give such a small percentage power or special rights
    good thing "special rights" arent factually not happening then LOL
    and there is a reason for us ALL to have power its called the constitution and rights

    funny how freedom works huh?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #147
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Changing laws and using federal courts to interfere in states legislation. The feds are abusing their power
    theres no evidence or facts to support this claim
    what is actually going on is the states overstepped thier power and violated the constitution and the fed fixed it. Facts, laws, rights and court cases all prove that.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #148
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    There is no right to marry. Can you show the right to marry in the constitution
    this strawman fails and gets laughed at every time

    fact is marriage is a right
    fact is the word marriage doenst have to be in the constitution, if you disagree please tell us why a word needs to be in there.

    i dont read freedom of rape in there anywhere either?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #149
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Not even close more like comparing apples to oranges
    not its a direct comparison of equal rights LMAO
    there are court cases on this that even refer to Love V Virginia, what do you have that says the comparison is false? lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #150
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    No they stand up for their religion and against immorality
    translation "some" want thier religion to be the law because they dont care about the rights of others lol

    saw the same stuff with women and minorities, this mentally retarded idea that religion trumps freedom and rights failed then because it had no logical foot to stand on and it fails now also.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •