View Poll Results: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0.1% to 2%

    24 21.24%
  • 2% to 4%

    32 28.32%
  • 4% to 6%

    34 30.09%
  • 6% to 10%

    18 15.93%
  • 10% to 15%

    2 1.77%
  • Over 15%

    3 2.65%
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 301

Thread: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

  1. #101
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,013

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Nice justification but the Bible came before the US
    And hominids climbing trees to stay safe from predators came before the Bible.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Nice justification but the Bible came before the US
    Not all cultures had a Bible but most or all had laws or other taboos against things like murder and stealing.

    Today, here and in other countries, we can clearly see that some things are an infringement on a person's rights...such as a right to their life or a right to their property. Has and had (historically, even before the Bible) a foundation without religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #103
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    The reason I have for voting 0.1% - 2% is that almost no one is 100% gay or 100% straight. (The question was worded in a way that only 100% gay individuals could be considered.)

    Strictly speaking, almost everyone is bisexual, with about half leaning straight and the other half leaning gay - both to various degrees. The only reason we appear to have a more heterosexual population is that most people learn to ignore or even suppress their gay tendencies. I suspect it will be a long time before that aspect of social conditioning changes much.
    Do you have anything at all to back this up. I find it very hard to believe. I am sure it is true for some percent of the population but I bet it is fairly small. While I have zero issues with homosexuals and support gay marriage, just the thought of kissing another man grosses me out. I find absolutely nothing attractive with another man and know plenty of other straight people that feel the same. I grew up in a family that never had issues with homosexuals so the idea that I have learned to suppress feeling seems like utter crap to me.

    Unless you have some sort of proof of what you claim I am going to have to just go ahead and assume it is complete make believe.

  4. #104
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
    Do you have anything at all to back this up. I find it very hard to believe. I am sure it is true for some percent of the population but I bet it is fairly small. While I have zero issues with homosexuals and support gay marriage, just the thought of kissing another man grosses me out. I find absolutely nothing attractive with another man and know plenty of other straight people that feel the same. I grew up in a family that never had issues with homosexuals so the idea that I have learned to suppress feeling seems like utter crap to me.

    Unless you have some sort of proof of what you claim I am going to have to just go ahead and assume it is complete make believe.
    Read up on Kinsey.
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    There is no reason to give such a small percentage power or special rights
    What special rights/power do gays get that straights don't have?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #106
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    Read up on Kinsey.
    While I appreciate the link did you actually read it.
    According to your own link most of his work seems very suspect to say the least including him purposely making false claims.
    If this is what you are basing your opinion on it seems pretty weak to me.
    Just not buying it

  7. #107
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    I say "...in your estimation" because, as someone else said in another thread, not all gay people are willing to admit it (for reasons of their own), so the best stats we have are most likely incomplete.

    Note also, bi-sexual, bi-curious, etc., are not included in the question. Straight (pun only slightly intended ) gay only.
    I'd say ~5%. And even though it's not included in the question, I'm also inclined to point out that I also think ~5% of the population is straight. I suspect that most people, when stripped of denial or ignorance, are somewhere in the middle.

  8. #108
    Folle
    Urethra Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    European Union
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 01:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,323

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    There is no reason to give such a small percentage power or special rights
    No, just equality will do.
    "C'est le dernier qui a parlé qui a raison"
    Amina.

  9. #109
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,406

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    I would put it about 5% with 3 to 4% out and open, and 1 to 2% closeted. The closeted number probably jumps to about 30% at a Republican Convention (only kidding). But seriously, I would imagine that about 20% of gay men and women are married to someone of the opposite sex, and live their lives as though they were heterosexual despite having no attraction to the opposite sex.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  10. #110
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: In your estimation, what percentage of the population is gay?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Changing laws and using federal courts to interfere in states legislation. The feds are abusing their power
    You care to elaborate on that?

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •