View Poll Results: Is transgender a mental disorder

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes it is a mental disorder

    34 75.56%
  • no it is a real birth defect

    11 24.44%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 123

Thread: transgender a mental disorder

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I don't support silencing anyone, but I do support ignoring their time-wasting BS.




    "The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~ Tommy Smothers

    Clearly the majority of people think it's a mental disorder so you shouldn't be against the people. The people should be allowed to have their views even if they aren't popular among the stuffy elites.

  2. #82
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    It would behoove you to learn a bit about the topic before you confront someone. Gender Identity Disorder is NOT listed as a disorder in the DSM-V. Gender Dysphoric Disorder is. You'd know that if you did the research. Gender Dysphoric Disorder and transsexuality is not one and in the same. You'd know that if you did the research. The recommendations for treatment have been LONG standing and did not change when the DSM-V came out. These standards of care for transsexuals have been in existence since at LEAST 1980. See the Harry Benjamin SOC for reference. If you did the research, I wouldn't have had to correct you as much as I did. Keep that in mind for next time.
    You don't know what you're talking about, quit posing.

    302.85 Gender Identity Disorder in Adolescents or Adults

    Gender Incongruence (in Adolescents or Adults) [1]
    302.85 Gender Identity Disorder in Adolescents or Adults | The International Foundation for Gender Education

  3. #83
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,240
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Clearly the majority of people think it's a mental disorder so you shouldn't be against the people.
    The people should be allowed to have their views even if they aren't popular among the stuffy elites.


    Who is stopping anyone from having whatever views that they want to have?

    Fill us in.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Who is stopping anyone from having whatever views that they want to have?

    Fill us in.

    You calling the majority of peoples vote in this poll "time wasting BS" is shameful as are other posters attempts to discredit the valid votes and opinion of a majority of people in this poll.

  5. #85
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    41,383

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Clearly the majority of people think it's a mental disorder so you shouldn't be against the people. The people should be allowed to have their views even if they aren't popular among the stuffy elites.
    How many people who voted in the poll have the expertise to be able to formulate an informed opinion? My guess is "not bloody many."

    When it comes to matters of science, I don't care what the majority of people think. I care about what's actually true. Argumentum ad populum is a logical fallacy.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    How many people who voted in the poll have the expertise to be able to formulate an informed opinion? My guess is "not bloody many."

    When it comes to matters of science, I don't care what the majority of people think. I care about what's actually true.

    When the new bull in the pasture rips its balls off and starts trying to elope with the bull in the next pasture you don't need an expert to know that's a bad bull.

  7. #87
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    41,383

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    When the new bull in the pasture rips its balls off and starts trying to elope with the bull in the next pasture you don't need an expert to know that's a bad bull.
    Hokey witticisms aside, are you a trained psychologist or psychiatrist?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #88
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,240
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    You calling the majority of peoples vote in this poll "time wasting BS" is shameful
    as are other posters attempts to discredit the valid votes and opinion of a majority of people in this poll.


    Bull ****. Half of the voters in every election are dumber than the other half.

    I don't waste my time worrying about what other people think.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Hokey witticisms aside, are you a trained psychologist or psychiatrist?
    Admit it. You won't will you? Is it a healthy bull? A bull that rips its balls off and starts trying to mate with the other bulls, is that a good/healthy/normal bull? You know it isn't and you instead choose to attempt to belittle the post as "Hokey" because you're directly caught in your fallacy and inability to relate your ultra progressive views to the real world scenario of nature.

  10. #90
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,240
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Hokey witticisms aside, are you a trained psychologist or psychiatrist?


    He comes across as a bull**** artist to me.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •