View Poll Results: Is transgender a mental disorder

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes it is a mental disorder

    34 75.56%
  • no it is a real birth defect

    11 24.44%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 123

Thread: transgender a mental disorder

  1. #91
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Admit it. You won't will you? Is it a healthy bull? A bull that rips its balls off and starts trying to mate with the other bulls, is that a good/healthy/normal bull? You know it isn't and you instead choose to call belittle the post as "Hokey".
    It was a yes or no question, Ryan.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It was a yes or no question, Ryan.
    Yeahhhh you won't answer that question will you? Don't like that reality-based, scenario question to which we all know the answer to.

  3. #93
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Yeahhhh you won't answer that question will you? Don't like that reality-based, scenario question to which we all know the answer to.
    "Reality based scenario"?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Thank goodness the majority of DP members see it as a mental disorder. Good to know we're among rational posters.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    183

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Thank goodness the majority of DP members see it as a mental disorder. Good to know we're among rational posters.
    I'm rational, don't agree with you, and I didn't vote. Not enough choices. There should be "it's just the way you are born" choice also. Why are you so worried about how others live their lives?

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by demsoc70 View Post
    I'm rational, don't agree with you, and I didn't vote. Not enough choices. There should be "it's just the way you are born" choice also. Why are you so worried about how others live their lives?

    Nobody is born this way and I will never be on the side of people who insist this is "normal". It's simply lost radical social leftism gone terribly wrong:





  7. #97
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-29-15 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    506

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    It is a mental disorder and is not a choice. This disposition is either from the DNA or from their environment afterward. Just based on evolutionary grounds, homosexual activity doesn't increase survivability or reproduction. It is, therefore, a fluke within the species. Pardon the very unscientific language, but "male" and "female" have been designed by evolution in very specific ways. If sexual proclivity and gender aren't in accordance, something is wrong.
    The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    It is a mental disorder and is not a choice. This disposition is either from the DNA or from their environment afterward. Just based on evolutionary grounds, homosexual activity doesn't increase survivability or reproduction. It is, therefore, a fluke within the species. Pardon the very unscientific language, but "male" and "female" have been designed by evolution in very specific ways. If sexual proclivity and gender aren't in accordance, something is wrong.

    I think it's more that humans are so advanced that statistically it was inevitable that some of our species would reach secluded levels of social isolation and social decadence that they convince themselves that they're not who they actually are. All trans are is humans that have lost their natural social path and have adopted a radically unnatural point of existence. Basically an environment-induced mental disorder of the highest magnitude.

  9. #99
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-29-15 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    506

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    I think it's more that humans are so advanced that statistically it was inevitable that some of our species would reach secluded levels of social isolation and social decadence that they convince themselves that they're not who they actually are. All trans are is humans that have lost their natural social path and have adopted a radically unnatural point of existence. Basically an environment-induced mental disorder of the highest magnitude.
    While I agree, I don't actually push it to that extreme. I don't think it's of the highest magnitude. It's just queer (get my pun?). Gender Dysphoria doesn't make you harmful to others in and of itself. It doesn't remove you from being a productive citizen. It doesn't remove rational capacity. In my opinion, it's a rather light disorder. Outside of my opinion, it's still a disorder. "Male" is the sperm one, "female" is the egg one, and those two are supposed to mix nicely to increase survival and reproduction.

    For the contrary opinion, I read some evolution narrative that talked about the primitive gay uncle. It allowed another male in the family, specifically one that wouldn't attempt to have sex with his relatives, and would be able to make decisions without much (or any) sexual desires influencing him. I think that this narrative has it's merits, but it would make a better narrative just to have 1 in 50 have really low sexual desire rather than be homosexual. That explanation is not entirely intuitive to me.
    The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43

    Re: transgender a mental disorder

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    It might behoove you to take your own advice. Gender identity disorder is listed as a disorder in the DSM-5. You'd know that if you had done the research. What has changed are the recommendations for treatment, which are now that the body should be altered to fit the disorder. A stupid and political move on the part of the psychiatric community.
    No, it is not...and here's proof. That proof also proves that you didn't do ANY research when you posted your reply to me...

    APA Revises Manual: Being Transgender Is No Longer A Mental Disorder | ThinkProgress

    Please note the sentence where it says that transgender is now NOT listed in the DSM-5 as a "disorder"...and if you can't read it by yourself (not being catty, I've noticed that several here are not from America or Canada, and English may not be their first language)....I'm sure someone will translate it for you.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •