View Poll Results: Is SS Marriage a Reason for the decline.

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 3.85%
  • No

    68 87.18%
  • Other

    7 8.97%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 138 of 138

Thread: Is the legalization of SS marriage a cause for the decline of heterosexual marriage?

  1. #131
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,699

    Re: Is the legalization of SS marriage a cause for the decline of heterosexual marria

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    That's called a WEDDING. States don't do weddings.
    Well, "shouldn't" would be more appropriate. Most of the damned problem we're having now is because they are doing them.

  2. #132
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is the legalization of SS marriage a cause for the decline of heterosexual marria

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Well, "shouldn't" would be more appropriate. Most of the damned problem we're having now is because they are doing them.
    No they don't. When you get married by a justice of the peace, you are asked verbally if you agree to the terms as set by the state, you are pronounced partners in a little room (after a 50 dollar fee), some forms are signed, and voila, married.


    Weddings typically involve churches, photographers, preachers, bridesmaids, a couple of rings, in addition to those forms, but NO justice of the peace (because the preacher takes care of that "business end" of the deal for you), tp on a car, or some other prank, a cake at some point, copious amounts of booze, a drunk uncle, and kids doing the chicken dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,799

    Re: Is the legalization of SS marriage a cause for the decline of heterosexual marria

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    No they don't. When you get married by a justice of the peace, you are asked verbally if you agree to the terms as set by the state, you are pronounced partners in a little room (after a 50 dollar fee), some forms are signed, and voila, married.


    Weddings typically involve churches, photographers, preachers, bridesmaids, a couple of rings, in addition to those forms, but NO justice of the peace (because the preacher takes care of that "business end" of the deal for you), tp on a car, or some other prank, a cake at some point, copious amounts of booze, a drunk uncle, and kids doing the chicken dance.
    Weddings can be whatever the individuals want them to be, I've been to plenty of wholly secular weddings that were everything you described above, just none of the religious nonsense.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #134
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: Is the legalization of SS marriage a cause for the decline of heterosexual marria

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Because it condones that which is not natural.
    OMG!!!!

    High heels are an abomination! I'm a sinner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #135
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,039

    Re: Is the legalization of SS marriage a cause for the decline of heterosexual marria

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    OMG!!!!

    High heels are an abomination! I'm a sinner!
    High heels are an abomination. Those things are horrible. They need to be shunned.

    (Honestly, I don't mind if others wear high heels, but I find them to be awful. Now why can't the anti-ssm people understand this little concept that just because you don't like something or want to do something, partake in something, doesn't mean that others shouldn't be allowed to do it?)
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #136
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Is the legalization of SS marriage a cause for the decline of heterosexual marria

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    High heels are an abomination. Those things are horrible. They need to be shunned.

    (Honestly, I don't mind if others wear high heels, but I find them to be awful. Now why can't the anti-ssm people understand this little concept that just because you don't like something or want to do something, partake in something, doesn't mean that others shouldn't be allowed to do it?)
    Personally, I think women should be required to wear high heels.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #137
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,039

    Re: Is the legalization of SS marriage a cause for the decline of heterosexual marria

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Personally, I think women should be required to wear high heels.
    Of course you do, they were invented by men afterall (of course it was for a completely different reason and for men, but still..).

    They still suck.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Is the legalization of SS marriage a cause for the decline of heterosexual marria

    Yes, but a very small cause. There are other more significant factors that go into why straight couples decide to call it quits, among them are:

    - Infidelity
    - Money
    - Spousal Abuse (physical, mental)
    - Neglect/Abandonment
    - Irreconcilable differences
    - Homosexuality
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •