View Poll Results: What will you do?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not vote

    5 3.94%
  • Vote for Clinton

    38 29.92%
  • Vote for Bush

    42 33.07%
  • Undecided

    6 4.72%
  • Other

    36 28.35%
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 220

Thread: 2016 - if it comes down to Clinton vs. Bush

  1. #121
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,939
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: 2016 - if it comes down to Clinton vs. Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by doniston View Post
    I agree, I think it is quite possible, Romney could have done that, and could again. The Pauls??? not a chance, I liked his dad, But this kid is no RON.
    If it is done, I think it will be done by someone completely off the horizon or over it. Sort of like Perot who came out of nowhere and actually took the lead in the polls at one point back in 1992.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,939
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: 2016 - if it comes down to Clinton vs. Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    You have no idea how much I WISH that was true, but I call extreme, feces-laden lying on the part of those taking the poll. (not calling Perotista a liar by any means)

    Time will tell, but I bet as sure as tonight's blood moon won't mean the rapture, or the end of times, that next presidential election cycle the vast majority of those polled, and those not polled will push either a D or an R button.
    I think it is very true. But here is the rub, the two major parties are very adept at convincing those who would vote for third party candidates that doing so is a wasted vote, they say no third party candidate can win. Better to vote for the lesser of two evils or the least worst candidate. Besides you know where the money lies, with the two major parties. Keep in mind in 2012, Romney spent a billion dollars, Obama spent a billion dollars, Gary Johnson who was next in line spent approximately 3 million. Third party candidates can't compete when they are being outspent 2 billion to 3 million.

    It is my opinion the only wasted vote is one who votes for either a Republican or Democrat.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #123
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,699

    Re: 2016 - if it comes down to Clinton vs. Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    I already said no, family alone is not disqualify someone... several times if you could read.
    You made a very qualified mention of it one time, as I pointed out, but you kept bringing up the same argument about "family dynasties" and "aristocracy" in almost every post. So excuse me for thinking that you're only issue was the "family dynasty"/"aristocracy" issue. Most people having this kind of discussion would have brought up reason to not vote for either of these two other than "family dynasty"/"aristocracy", but that was your ONLY argument.
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  4. #124
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: 2016 - if it comes down to Clinton vs. Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    You made a very qualified mention of it one time, as I pointed out, but you kept bringing up the same argument about "family dynasties" and "aristocracy" in almost every post. So excuse me for thinking that you're only issue was the "family dynasty"/"aristocracy" issue. Most people having this kind of discussion would have brought up reason to not vote for either of these two other than "family dynasty"/"aristocracy", but that was your ONLY argument.
    Still... it was not my only argument.

  5. #125
    EVOLUTIONARY ATHIEST doniston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    sheboygan, wi
    Last Seen
    12-12-14 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    953

    Re: 2016 - if it comes down to Clinton vs. Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    If it is done, I think it will be done by someone completely off the horizon or over it. Sort of like Perot who came out of nowhere and actually took the lead in the polls at one point back in 1992.
    we might have had that third party if Perot had taken a back seat and turned the reins over to another qualified person, His personality literally stopped the party from success. of course, that is just MY personal opinion I was sorry that the party failed.
    Last edited by doniston; 10-08-14 at 07:28 PM.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,939
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: 2016 - if it comes down to Clinton vs. Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by doniston View Post
    we might have had that third party if Perot had taken a back seat and turned the reins over to another qualified person, His personality literally stopped the party from success. of course, that is just MY personal opinion I was sorry that the party failed.
    In a way you are right. It was definitely a top down organization. But we were doing alright until 2000 when Pat Buchanan hijacked the Reform Party and its ballot access. Buchanan was a sly one.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #127
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,883

    Re: 2016 - if it comes down to Clinton vs. Bush

    Here's hoping both parties will have a better choice than these two. Don't the American people deserve better? There's no way I would support HIllary Clinton as I don't agree with her ideology and I am tired of what the Republican elites keep parading out. I held my nose to vote for the "compassionate conservative" twice. I held my nose to vote for the maverick McCain, I held my nose to pull the lever for Mitt Romney. I don't think I have it in me to hold my nose and vote for another Bush. I don't support Common Core, I don't support his immigration policies. I don't support his love for big government solutions. Either they cough up another choice or once again they will find themselves losing because their base will leave them. In fact, if the Republican party elites don't get their sh*t together and return to the core principles of their party this next presidential election cycle, I'm willing to bet the party will split.

  8. #128
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: 2016 - if it comes down to Clinton vs. Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Here's hoping both parties will have a better choice than these two. Don't the American people deserve better? There's no way I would support HIllary Clinton as I don't agree with her ideology and I am tired of what the Republican elites keep parading out. I held my nose to vote for the "compassionate conservative" twice. I held my nose to vote for the maverick McCain, I held my nose to pull the lever for Mitt Romney. I don't think I have it in me to hold my nose and vote for another Bush. I don't support Common Core, I don't support his immigration policies. I don't support his love for big government solutions. Either they cough up another choice or once again they will find themselves losing because their base will leave them. In fact, if the Republican party elites don't get their sh*t together and return to the core principles of their party this next presidential election cycle, I'm willing to bet the party will split.
    Both parties are wide open, so people have a chance to choose better in the primaries.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #129
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,883

    Re: 2016 - if it comes down to Clinton vs. Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Both parties are wide open, so people have a chance to choose better in the primaries.
    I hope you are right radcen, because this scenario presented is a nightmare.

  10. #130
    EVOLUTIONARY ATHIEST doniston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    sheboygan, wi
    Last Seen
    12-12-14 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    953

    Re: 2016 - if it comes down to Clinton vs. Bush

    I am a politically independent person and vote for the person whom I think is best suited for the job, regardless of their party affiliation. Therefore, in your poll pitting Bush against Clinton, I will offer this:

    First of all, my choices would be Mitt Romney, then Jeb Bush, and if no other suitable Republican Candidate would appear, I would vote for Hilary Clinton.( I didn't include any other potential Demo Candidates because i think HiIlary is a forgone conclusion), and in reality, Unless Rhan Paul declines to run as third party, I believe Hilary will be the next President. She is in"MY" third place because of her poor showing during her initiation as First lady, and apparently failed attempt to operate as co-president. Her Health package trial was an absolute disaster. Still, I hope that her politics have matured sufficiently hat she could take on the office of the Presidency.

    I, for one, do not believe that the president needs to have all the answers but should take on the job in similar manner as CEO, or Chairperson of the Board. (This seldom occurs with the very notable exception of Ronald Reagan, who in his first term personified that image. Thus, IN MY OPINION, while the parties past exploits are important, they take a back seat to the parties management skills.
    Last edited by doniston; 10-08-14 at 10:19 PM.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •