View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 98 of 136 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #971
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,735

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But your belief is not evidence. It's your bias and emotion on the subject. And frankly, they make better arguments than you. That's not my fault. I'm not emotionally attached to tools.
    that shows how biased you are. you won't explain why the anti gun side makes better arguments because you cannot. And your pretending to be neutral is an even bigger joke.



  2. #972
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,735

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What you need to say is the SO WHAT part you were asked. What does all that mean to you and what claim to do you make about these so called "facts" that you claim?

    ps - Madison can't answer that for you - only you can.


    tell us this Haymarket-if the Founders and the documents they created, really desired the federal government to have the power to regulate firearms, why did they not spell that out?



  3. #973
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    tell us this Haymarket-if the Founders and the documents they created, really desired the federal government to have the power to regulate firearms, why did they not spell that out?
    But they did in Article I Section 8 as I have told you again and again and again and again in thread after thread after thread complete with the appropriate clauses cited and repeated for you.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #974
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that shows how biased you are. you won't explain why the anti gun side makes better arguments because you cannot. And your pretending to be neutral is an even bigger joke.
    Sure I do. They use actual verifiable stats we can see, even if we can explain the flaw. You throw up stats that are opinion and not measureable or verifiable, and use mind reading as if it were evidence. And I did not say I was neutral, I said I have no emotional stake and that I don't care to ban guns. There is a difference.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #975
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,735

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    But they did in Article I Section 8 as I have told you again and again and again and again in thread after thread after thread complete with the appropriate clauses cited and repeated for you.
    that's bald faced dishonesty. there is no plain or obvious desire for federal gun control expressed there

    I want you to

    1) post the language

    2) show us which words delegate that power to the federal government

    NOT A SINGLE ANTI GUN politician has ever even hinted anything other than the commerce clause which of course SAYS NOTHING (that is your phrase-EVERYTIME we state the 2A was designed to prevent any restrictions you bray that the 2A doesn't say that so we are using your interpretative standards on your claims now) about gun control



  6. #976
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,735

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sure I do. They use actual verifiable stats we can see, even if we can explain the flaw. You throw up stats that are opinion and not measureable or verifiable, and use mind reading as if it were evidence. And I did not say I was neutral, I said I have no emotional stake and that I don't care to ban guns. There is a difference.
    that is such silliness I am laughing hard. what verifiable stats. you are fibbing yet again



  7. #977
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    But they did in Article I Section 8 as I have told you again and again and again and again in thread after thread after thread complete with the appropriate clauses cited and repeated for you.
    false, the power to regulate commerce is stated as "AMONG THE STATES"......no where in the general powers of congress to be involved in the personal life's liberty , property of the people.

    as an added bonus
    to this statement..........you are also one who believed that clause 1 of article 1 section 8 granted the federal government the power to tax people via their incomes, until you were shown to be wrong,...... here you are wrong again on commerce.

  8. #978
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,735

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    false, the power to regulate commerce is stated as "AMONG THE STATES"......no where in the general powers of congress to be involved in the personal life's liberty of property of the people.

    as an added bonus
    to this statement..........you are also one who believed that clause 1 of article 1 section 8 granted the federal government the power to tax people via their incomes, until you were shown to be wrong,...... here you are wrong again on commerce.
    He has never posted the exact words he claims delegates these powers. and using his standards as to the 2A, since the commerce clause says nothing about firearms, his claims are completely false



  9. #979
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What you need to say is the SO WHAT part you were asked. What does all that mean to you and what claim to do you make about these so called "facts" that you claim?

    ps - Madison can't answer that for you - only you can.
    hay, i have been very clear about what i have stated, if you feel as if you got lost in that conversation, please revisit previous post to find your questions answered.

  10. #980
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is such silliness I am laughing hard. what verifiable stats. you are fibbing yet again
    The numbers that show people with guns are more likely to shoot themselves, for example, is verifiable. The study showing that guns prevent crime is based on opinion of gun owners. Two specific examples.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •