View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 96 of 136 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #951
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,714

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And you know this how? mind reading?
    Its beyond obvious. your entire side cannot be so stupid as to have every fellow traveler actually believe the crap that the anti gun advocates come up with in order to serve as a facade for their true motivations



  2. #952
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Its beyond obvious. your entire side cannot be so stupid as to have every fellow traveler actually believe the crap that the anti gun advocates come up with in order to serve as a facade for their true motivations
    The obvious bit is poor logic. What you can't prove objectively doesn't exist. For a really smart fellow (and I mean that), a few of your arguments in a couple of areas are illogical and often emotional.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #953
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What ideology is that?

    The only expertise I denied was that of being a trained professional linguist.
    Then how exactly do you glean the words, "create and environment", where they clearly aren't even alluded to?

  4. #954
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And you know this how? mind reading?
    There is a crowd on the far right who live 24/7/365 at the intersection of Paranoia Place and Slippery Slope Street. They believe that those who disagree with them are part of some secret plot to take away the guns of the entire nation and that is their goal. They take this absurd position as a defense mechanism so that they do not have to seriously debate what is actually said and can dwell in the comfort of what they think they know is 'really their position' or their 'true motivations'.

    So they build a huge barn as large as the New Orleans Superdome, fill it with their strawmen and trot them out at every opportunity.

    Is it - of course - absurd and a tactic which needs to be exposed when ever it rears its ugly anti-intellectul head.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #955
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Then how exactly do you glean the words, "create and environment", where they clearly aren't even alluded to?
    that is one of things which laws do - they create an environment for conduct and behavior.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #956
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,714

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The obvious bit is poor logic. What you can't prove objectively doesn't exist. For a really smart fellow (and I mean that), a few of your arguments in a couple of areas are illogical and often emotional.
    ah another passive aggressive attack on a pro gun argument without engaging in any criticism on the emotionally based poorly reasoned anti gun arguments.

    rejected as thinly disguised evasive hackery.



  7. #957
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ah another passive aggressive attack on a pro gun argument without engaging in any criticism on the emotionally based poorly reasoned anti gun arguments.

    rejected as thinly disguised evasive hackery.

    No, I directly attack on your argument. I state clearly that mind reading is not evidence. Present something concrete and verifiable. Otherwise the argument is just emotional vomiting.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #958
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,714

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I directly attack on your argument. I state clearly that mind reading is not evidence. Present something concrete and verifiable. Otherwise the argument is just emotional vomiting.
    Its not mind reading; its giving the well educated a benefit of the doubt. I don't believe all of the gun banners are so stupid as to actually believe the crap they spew for the benefit and pandering of the weak minded

    But I find it interesting that you-who claims not to be anti gun (lol) have NEVER EVER taken ANY ISSUE with the pathetic anti gun arguments that are voided upon this board



  9. #959
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I directly attack on your argument. I state clearly that mind reading is not evidence. Present something concrete and verifiable. Otherwise the argument is just emotional vomiting.
    And your demand is very important. The name of this site is DEBATE POLITICS. Everyone should always insist that it is DEBATE which happens here and not just pompous personal pontifications. An essential part of all debate is the presentation of a case and verifiable evidence to support ones case. And that is why it is so despicable and unacceptable that some would argue about what they believe are the secret motivations of those who disagree with them on issues of policy. If they are allowed to get away with such anti-intellectual tactics - no honest debate is possible.

    You were right to describe it as MIND READING. And that needs to be constantly exposed for the fraud it is.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #960
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,714

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And your demand is very important. The name of this site is DEBATE POLITICS. Everyone should always insist that it is DEBATE which happens here and not just pompous personal pontifications. An essential part of all debate is the presentation of a case and verifiable evidence to support ones case. And that is why it is so despicable and unacceptable that some would argue about what they believe are the secret motivations of those who disagree with them on issues of policy. If they are allowed to get away with such anti-intellectual tactics - no honest debate is possible.

    You were right to describe it as MIND READING. And that needs to be constantly exposed for the fraud it is.
    debate cannot exist when one poster refuses to use commonly accepted terms and rejects the definitions that are the only ones that make sense in order to use extreme or inappropriate terms designed to bolster his argument.

    and debate fails when one poster constantly leaves himself wiggle room so he can change his position when it gets thrashed.

    and debate is a joke when one side demands the other side produce proof that the demanding side never ever attempts to meet.

    for example-claiming a dictionary definition actually controls in a legal/constitutional environment but statutory definitions do not



Page 96 of 136 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •