View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 84 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #831
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Nice try, but you aren't fooling anyone. Your lame attempts at dodging, and obfuscation are really quite comical.
    Fooling anyone with what? The facts from Heller as given by Justice Scalia? Yes - I am guilty of presented those. The opinion of the linguistics experts cited by Scalia in Heller? Yes, I am also guilty of presenting those.

    You are making no sense in your desperate attempt to try and attack me rather than focus on the actual argument.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #832
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,604

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Fooling anyone with what? The facts from Heller as given by Justice Scalia? Yes - I am guilty of presented those. The opinion of the linguistics experts cited by Scalia in Heller? Yes, I am also guilty of presenting those.

    You are making no sense in your desperate attempt to try and attack me rather than focus on the actual argument.
    tell us how you can claim that the 2A does not recognize an individual right but the Heller decision reached the right result concerning people who were not members of any militia



  3. #833
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Fooling anyone with what? The facts from Heller as given by Justice Scalia? Yes - I am guilty of presented those. The opinion of the linguistics experts cited by Scalia in Heller? Yes, I am also guilty of presenting those.

    You are making no sense in your desperate attempt to try and attack me rather than focus on the actual argument.
    Lol.....

  4. #834
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    tell us how you can claim that the 2A does not recognize an individual right but the Heller decision reached the right result concerning people who were not members of any militia
    I did that yesterday - in detail - right when you asked for it. 776 - you do not have to look far as its right there in this very thread and has been so since yesterday when you first asked for it. Does asking for the same answer again serve some purpose that the answer yesterday did not serve?
    Last edited by haymarket; 10-14-14 at 12:57 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #835
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Lol.....
    Why does reality strike you as funny?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #836
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,604

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I did that yesterday - in detail - right when you asked for it. 776 - you do not have to look far as its right there in this very thread and has been so since yesterday when you first asked for it. Does asking for the same answer again serve some purpose that the answer yesterday did not serve?
    LOL that is pathetic. your claim that the right was only for the militia (and again that is really dishonest because you have to say that the 2A is about recognizing a RIGHT (again LOL) of the federal government to create a militia which completely flies in the face of the entire concept of the bill of rights) but the "right evolved" blah blah blah

    complete fail.



  7. #837
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL that is pathetic.
    No - its true. YOu asked for something which you already were provided for yesterday.

    blah blah blah
    Not exactly a point by point factual refutation now is that? YOu will have to do better than that if you want your argument - what little there is of it - to be taken seriously and responded to.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #838
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,604

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    No - its true. YOu asked for something which you already were provided for yesterday.



    Not exactly a point by point factual refutation now is that? YOu will have to do better than that if you want your argument - what little there is of it - to be taken seriously and responded to.
    you pretend that the 2A started as something that makes no sense (the founders recognizing a "right" of congress to create a federal militia) and it gets worse as you claim the "right evolved so you can pretend that Heller was correctly decided without conceding it has to be an individual right

    BBL



  9. #839
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you pretend that the 2A started as something that makes no sense (the founders recognizing a "right" of congress to create a federal militia) and it gets worse as you claim the "right evolved so you can pretend that Heller was correctly decided without conceding it has to be an individual right
    The Founders wrote the Amendment as they did not want a standing army and the militia was the way around that expensive proposition. That is simply reality and the Second Amendment explains its purpose to you very clearly.

    And I told in in my previous post that I have no problem with the evolution into an individual right even though the original language is not specific about that providing that honesty and intellectual integrity be exercised across the board by the Court in the other areas I discussed.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #840
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    actually the supreme court has really not done that.
    Actually they have. They've allowed for the idea of restrictions, regulations if you would.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •