View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 76 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #751
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is incredibly and patently silly

    an opinion based on ignorance, stupidity or dishonesty is invalid. Its like saying "its my opinion that Jews sunk the Titanic because Iceberg, Goldberg and Greenberg are all Jewish names

    yes that opinion is invalid because its based on an idiotic assumption and blatant stupidity
    What about an opinion which contradicts the very sources someone claims led them to that opinion. Is that ignorant? Is is stupid? Is it dishonest? And does the contradiction make it invalid?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #752
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Actually its not "like" anything. It is the mans personal opinion about firearms. You can call him ignorant or stupid or dishonest. It matters not. Its still his opinion and what you seem to hate about it is that it proves you are dead wrong when you constantly whine about Democrats and refuse to accept that Republicans also have supported gun control measures.
    His opinion was based on stupidity and ignorance

    and you need to get rid of that stupid straw man. there is NO ONE who has claimed that members of the GOP have never supports gun control

    what we have established is that the DEMOCRAT PARTY was responsible for EVERY federal encroachments on our 2A rights

    and you have never refuted that. rather you trot out the Reagan Red Herring as if that has any use in countering the fact that your party is the party of gun control. Your party is the party of the most hysterical batcrap crazy gun haters

    Fienstein (wanted to confiscate all of the guns in the clinton gun ban)
    Howard Metzenbaum-admitted the goal was gun bans, not stopping crime
    Schumer-bragged that the AWB was just the nose of the camel under the tent and he was going to show the NRA THE REST OF THE CAMEL
    Carolyn McCarthy-wants to ban all semi autos
    Andrew Cuomo=wants to ban 10 round magazines and semi autos
    Biden-pushed the clinton assault weapon ban
    Major Owens-D congressman-wanted to repeal the 2A
    Deval Patrick-major league gun hater
    John Kerry-supported the clinton gun ban
    Barbara Boxer-supported reinstating the Clinton gun ban
    Barack Obama-supported reinstating the clinton gun ban
    Eric Holder-supported the clinton and DC gun ban

    and it goes on and on and on



  3. #753
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Democratic Party on Gun Control

    the Democrat platform brags about passing the brady bill, the AWB and demands reinstating that gun ban

    Here is the GOP platform



    Republican Party on Gun Control

    don't just take my word for it. The Democrat party is the party that wants to piss on our 2A rights



  4. #754
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    His opinion was based on stupidity and ignorance
    Prove that claim of fact with verifiable evidence.

    But what about an opinion in which somebody contradicts the very source they claim led them to form that opinion? Does than make their opinion STUPID? Or IGNORANT? Or just plain INVALID?

    Since you are laying down this standard to judge the validity of personal opinions , lets hear you on this question.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #755
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Prove that claim of fact with verifiable evidence.

    But what about an opinion in which somebody contradicts the very source they claim led them to form that opinion? Does than make their opinion STUPID? Or IGNORANT? Or just plain INVALID?

    Since you are laying down this standard to judge the validity of personal opinions , lets here you on this question?
    so are you of the belief that an AK 47 cannot be used for home defense.

    what does NEED have to do with constitutional rights-even ones you don't believe exist?



  6. #756
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,782

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Right wing 2A folks have their beliefs--
    Left wing 2A folks have their beliefs--
    Then there's moderate 2A folks like me who just shake their head--
    Let me know whenm you two sets of folks are ready to meet at the 50-yard line and shake hands .
    Physics is Phun

  7. #757
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so are you of the belief that an AK 47 cannot be used for home defense.

    what does NEED have to do with constitutional rights-even ones you don't believe exist?
    I have no doubt that lots and lots and lots and lot of things can be used as a weapon for home defense or any other use that firearms have.

    But my opinion is not the one in question by your standard.

    But what about an opinion in which somebody contradicts the very source they claim led them to form that opinion? Does that make their opinion STUPID? Does it make their opinion IGNORANT? Does it make that opinion INVALID?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #758
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Right wing 2A folks have their beliefs--
    Left wing 2A folks have their beliefs--
    Then there's moderate 2A folks like me who just shake their head--
    Let me know whenm you two sets of folks are ready to meet at the 50-yard line and shake hands .
    we want to be able to own guns and not have our rights pissed on because of our politics or because politicians want to pander to people by pretending restricting our rights will stop crime

    the anti gun left wants to ban our guns to punish us for not being lefties or they want to piss away our rights in order to pander to weak minded sheep who demand SOMETHING be done after every massacre

    so tell me where is there common ground?



  9. #759
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,819

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so are you of the belief that an AK 47 cannot be used for home defense.
    Why would you ask that question when the quote from Reagan DID NOT say that an AK47 could not be used for home defense?

    But what about an opinion in which somebody contradicts the very source they claim led them to form that opinion? Does that make their opinion STUPID? Does it make their opinion IGNORANT? Does it make that opinion INVALID?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #760
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no doubt that lots and lots and lots and lot of things can be used as a weapon for home defense or any other use that firearms have.

    But my opinion is not the one in question by your standard.

    But what about an opinion in which somebody contradicts the very source they claim led them to form that opinion? Does that make their opinion STUPID? Does it make their opinion IGNORANT? Does it make that opinion INVALID?
    I have no idea what you are trying to infer. What I want to know is why is Reagan's opinion valid?

    he's wrong about Needs

    he's wrong about AK 47s



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •