View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 75 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #741
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What does that mean.... "his opinion would not apply"? Apply to what exactly? That really makes no sense at all.
    Did you, or did you not, read the examples that I posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #742
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Actually it was your perspective in admitting that the NRA is right wing. From your own 732
    of course they are right wing. gun banning is mainly left wing.



  3. #743
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Amazing that NRA leadership doesn't pay attention to the 74% of their members who supported Toomey/Manchin--
    both rated straight A by the NRA.

    You could call these NRA member lemmings one of the latest "silent majorities" .

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Thank you for admitting the NRA became right wing.
    Physics is Phun

  4. #744
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Amazing that NRA leadership doesn't pay attention to the 74% of their members who supported Toomey/Manchin--
    both rated straight A by the NRA.

    You could call these NRA member lemmings one of the latest "silent majorities" .
    many NRA members don't understand what the real purpose is behind the moronic pandering for UBCGs



  5. #745
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,792

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Did you, or did you not, read the examples that I posted?
    YOu can post a billion more. Go for it. Its a free country. How does any of that make the personal opinion of anybody as INVALID?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #746
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    YOu can post a billion more. Go for it. Its a free country. How does any of that make the personal opinion of anybody as INVALID?
    that is incredibly and patently silly

    an opinion based on ignorance, stupidity or dishonesty is invalid. Its like saying "its my opinion that Jews sunk the Titanic because Iceberg, Goldberg and Greenberg are all Jewish names

    yes that opinion is invalid because its based on an idiotic assumption and blatant stupidity

    Reagan claiming you don't NEED something is ignorant of constitutional rights and saying an AK-47 is not needed for home defense is an opinion based on a woeful lack of intelligence on the subject

    what is also invalid is your post using this red herring of Reagan to deflect from the fact that all major schemes against our 2A rights are hatched and nurtured by the Democrat party



  7. #747
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Declaration of Independence

    When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,




    Bill of Rights

    Amendment V

    No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.


    AMENDMENT XIV

    Passed by Congress June 13, 1866. Ratified July 9, 1868.

    Note: Article I, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of the 14th amendment.

    Section 1.
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

  8. #748
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    There's no need for certain "guards" of all gun threads to respond to every post I make since it isn't to you.
    Besides, I don't read them anyway and encounter anger from both sides of the aisle on guns--meaning Sir Nimby is spot on .
    Physics is Phun

  9. #749
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,792

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is incredibly and patently silly

    an opinion based on ignorance, stupidity or dishonesty is invalid. Its like saying "its my opinion that Jews sunk the Titanic because Iceberg, Goldberg and Greenberg are all Jewish names

    yes that opinion is invalid because its based on an idiotic assumption and blatant stupidity

    Reagan claiming you don't NEED something is ignorant of constitutional rights and saying an AK-47 is not needed for home defense is an opinion based on a woeful lack of intelligence on the subject

    what is also invalid is your post using this red herring of Reagan to deflect from the fact that all major schemes against our 2A rights are hatched and nurtured by the Democrat party
    Actually its not "like" anything. It is the mans personal opinion about firearms. You can call him ignorant or stupid or dishonest. It matters not. Its still his opinion and what you seem to hate about it is that it proves you are dead wrong when you constantly whine about Democrats and refuse to accept that Republicans also have supported gun control measures.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #750
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    There's no need for certain "guards" of all gun threads to respond to every post I make since it isn't to you.
    Besides, I don't read them anyway and encounter anger from both sides of the aisle on guns--meaning Sir Nimby is spot on .



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •