View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 74 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #731
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    No speculation is involved.



  2. #732
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Because RR was the most conservative US President in the last 80 years and he supported gun control and conservatives supported him. But since he left the right wing has taken over the NRA and the party has shifter to the far right on this issue.
    I guess you just missed all the posts explaining this

    Reagan was less anti gun than Carter. Reagan was a better choice for conservatives than Carter.
    the NRA had to become "RW" because harassment of gun owners is mainly a left wing pathology



  3. #733
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Because RR was the most conservative US President in the last 80 years and he supported gun control and conservatives supported him. But since he left the right wing has taken over the NRA and the party has shifter to the far right on this issue.
    Thank you. Unfortunately, his comment isnt valid (as I've said and you've objected to) because of the personal freedom reasons I mentioned.

    And because I am a liberal Democrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #734
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,018

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I guess you just missed all the posts explaining this

    Reagan was less anti gun than Carter. Reagan was a better choice for conservatives than Carter.
    the NRA had to become "RW" because harassment of gun owners is mainly a left wing pathology
    Thank you for admitting the NRA became right wing.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #735
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,018

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Thank you. Unfortunately, his comment isnt valid (as I've said and you've objected to) because of the personal freedom reasons I mentioned.

    And because I am a liberal Democrat.
    Where do you get off pretending that you have some sort of authority to declare the personal opinion of a person as not VALID?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #736
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Thank you for admitting the NRA became right wing.
    anyone who supports the constitution apparently is right wing based on your perspective



  7. #737
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Where do you get off pretending that you have some sort of authority to declare the personal opinion of a person as not VALID?
    she is right. Reagan's comments are not valid because his opinion was based on ignorance and a complete misunderstanding of constitutional rights



  8. #738
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Where do you get off pretending that you have some sort of authority to declare the personal opinion of a person as not VALID?
    Because I backed it up with similar, relevant examples where his opinion would not apply.

    So it is selective, not applicable across similar personal freedoms, regarding American's rights in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #739
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,018

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    anyone who supports the constitution apparently is right wing based on your perspective
    Actually it was your perspective in admitting that the NRA is right wing. From your own 732

    the NRA had to become "RW" because harassment of gun owners is mainly a left wing pathology
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #740
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,018

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Because I backed it up with similar, relevant examples where his opinion would not apply.

    So it is selective, not applicable across similar personal freedoms, regarding American's rights in America.
    What does that mean.... "his opinion would not apply"? Apply to what exactly? That really makes no sense at all.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •