View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 46 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #451
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Yes, he claimed that but no constitutional scholar supports that and Goshin also explained why using Nukes is a silly argument. The second amendment dealt with individual arms capable of being borne by individuals. SO grasping for support is perhaps to be expected but its without merit
    So then, using your own logic, if an individual is indeed capable of bearing a nuclear weapon, then you concede you are wrong?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #452
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Reagan was senile by then
    Please do present your medical evidence of this claim of fact.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #453
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So then, using your own logic, if an individual is indeed capable of bearing a nuclear weapon, then you concede you are wrong?
    of course not because its not an individual weapon and Goshin has explained why Congress can properly ban such things. And its a dishonest argument that has no relevance to this discussion. when individual police start using nukes, or each soldier is issued one, perhaps then an honest discussion of the 2A would require encompassing such weapons

    right now we are dealing with the Democrat party's schemes to prevent citizens from owning the same weapons civilian police agencies use and with banning the standard infantry rifle of our armed forces which does not have any different characteristics of weapons that civilians in the USA have owned and used for decades.



  4. #454
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Please do present your medical evidence of this claim of fact.
    One of your party's most esteemed leaders said of Reagan, " FISH ROTS FROM THE HEAD FIRST"

    and Reagan had no training in constitutional law nor weapons. SO his opinion means nothing to me



  5. #455
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,523

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So then, using your own logic, if an individual is indeed capable of bearing a nuclear weapon, then you concede you are wrong?
    Davy Crockett (nuclear device) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  6. #456
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    of course not because its not an individual weapon and Goshin has explained why Congress can properly ban such things. And its a dishonest argument that has no relevance to this discussion. when individual police start using nukes, or each soldier is issued one, perhaps then an honest discussion of the 2A would require encompassing such weapons
    Again, so if an individual can carry a nuclear weapon - BEAR IT - then you are wrong. So that is your standard.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #457
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Great example. thank you for it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #458
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    One of your party's most esteemed leaders said of Reagan, " FISH ROTS FROM THE HEAD FIRST"

    and Reagan had no training in constitutional law nor weapons. SO his opinion means nothing to me
    Stop trying to deflect and avoid answering the challenge made to you to prove your charge that Reagan was senile when he made the statement. Please do present your medical evidence of this claim of fact.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #459
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    that would make it more clear but by no means would it make it clear. Arms is a vague term and we have essentially limited it to small firearms, we have restricted who can buy them, where they can be used. Without defining arms and what constitutes infringement it will be just as messy as it is now. This is the problem with the "read the constitution" arguments arms can mean small arms as we have defined it or it could be defined most weapons up to and including nuclear weapons and there are cogent arguments to be made for both sides.
    That I would completely agree with. When referring to the arms of the day, muskets are typically referenced and it's usually declared that later inventions, tanks, bazookas, machine guns, missiles and the like would not be included. Although, cannons did exist at the time.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #460
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Stop trying to deflect and avoid answering the challenge made to you to prove your charge that Reagan was senile when he made the statement. Please do present your medical evidence of this claim of fact.
    What a wonderful opportunity to dismiss the uncomfortable. What was that, 1989, and he left the White House in 1988! Lol, what else can be dismissed owing to Ronald Reagan's senility? His entire second term. I guess those on the left should start using the same argument for Biden when having to respond to his regular gaffs!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 46 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •