View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 28 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #271
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You have a civic right not to have someone criminally attack you or menace you. someone merely owning or using a weapon lawfully is not grounds for someone to demand a ban because they soil their garments over the mere thought that someone has a 50 BMG rifle
    And in fact, is contrary to their stated goal. But when dealing with the modern lib, one must remember. Liberalism always, always, always, generates the exact opposite of it's stated intent.

  2. #272
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Anyone that supports magazine cap bans has NOT thought it thru, period.

    Just another feel good restriction that would only harm people trying to defend themselves.
    Modern liberalism, in a nutshell.

  3. #273
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So where do we find this inherent right before state and national constitutions other than a self imposed willful belief inside somebodys head?
    Normal, thinking people, understand the right to defend oneself against all who would do us harm, or enslave us, is inherent.

  4. #274
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,827

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Normal, thinking people, understand the right to defend oneself against all who would do us harm, or enslave us, is inherent.
    So outside of a self imposed willful belief, where does one find this RIGHT before state and national constitutions?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #275
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So outside of a self imposed willful belief, where does one find this RIGHT before state and national constitutions?
    Perhaps you should avail yourself of a dictionary if you have a low vocabulary. There are a number of great online versions.

    I'll help you this time, but next time you'll have to look it up yourself.

    in·her·ent
    inˈhirənt,inˈherənt/
    adjective
    existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.
    "any form of mountaineering has its inherent dangers"
    synonyms: intrinsic, innate, immanent, built-in, indwelling, inborn, ingrained, deep-rooted; More
    antonyms: acquired
    LAW
    vested in (someone) as a right or privilege.
    "the president's inherent foreign affairs power"

  6. #276
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,827

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Perhaps you should avail yourself of a dictionary if you have a low vocabulary. There are a number of great online versions.

    I'll help you this time, but next time you'll have to look it up yourself.
    Thank you for providing evidence that this belief in natural rights is indeed a self imposed willful belief that cannot be found outside of that same belief.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #277
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Thank you for providing evidence that this belief in natural rights is indeed a self imposed willful belief that cannot be found outside of that same belief.
    As I said, normal, thinking people understand these things.

  8. #278
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

    Yes, take out the underlined part, it will make it more clear.
    I wish that the 2nd Amendment had been phrased better so it would be more clear, but I do not trust today's politicians to open it up and work with it, so I do not favor changing anything about it.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #279
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    No. The 2nd Amendment is just fine and quite clear.

    It's the people that try to twist it to mean something different that cause the problems.
    If it's so twistable, it's not clear. It's only clear to you because you have decided what you want it to mean... no different than those on the other side.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #280
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    But it is not a right "granted" to us. It is an inherent right which is affirmed by the BOR.
    I don't want to quibble because we agree about our support of the second. I know there is a belief that certain rights come from God and are inherent. Then I look at countries like China which has a one child policy and sanctions the killing of a second child should a couple have one. In China the right to life, which is the most inherent basic human right doesn't exist because the right isn't granted by the government. That's why the rule of law is so important and that our rights are protected in writing.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •