View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 17 of 136 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #161
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,761

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    does anyone have a clue what that means? the Supreme COurt's only PROPER role is ruling on the constitutionality of laws
    I thought you were an expert in the constitution? An amendment to the constitution has to go throiugh that process: that's what we're talking about here, not some silly law.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  2. #162
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    No; you missed it: weapons that are restricted - are out of the hands of the public - so a crook isn't going to make one. The question is, under such restrictions, how is a crook going to get one. For instance, we haven't had any any crazies lobbing mortar rounds onto play grounds...
    cocaine is restricted. but crooks get cocaine all the time. and unlike firearms that are always going to be legally owned by government units, there is no legitimate market for cocaine

    so your argument is moronic.



    but you prove what I have said is true. You want to ban all guns. Handguns are used in most crimes that involve firearms so thinking you are limiting your gun banning to rarely used (one in 70 years) legal machine guns or the garment soiling "assault weapons" is silly.

    Your argument is for a complete gun ban because you think that might stop some criminals



  3. #163
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,761

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I can make a fully automatic weapon, but I wouldn't because it's illegal. Do you see the difference?
    No I don't really. A crazy isn't going to try and make one and neither is a crook. Both are going to get their hands on whatever they think they need. If that supply is restricted, then so will be whatever damage they do.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  4. #164
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I thought you were an expert in the constitution? An amendment to the constitution has to go throiugh that process: that's what we're talking about here, not some silly law.
    the Supreme Court has no role in the amendment process. I know enough about the process to understand that



  5. #165
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    No I don't really. A crazy isn't going to try and make one and neither is a crook. Both are going to get their hands on whatever they think they need. If that supply is restricted, then so will be whatever damage they do.
    Then what makes them crazy if they follow the laws?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #166
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    No I don't really. A crazy isn't going to try and make one and neither is a crook. Both are going to get their hands on whatever they think they need. If that supply is restricted, then so will be whatever damage they do.
    god that is stupid

    the people LEAST likely to be deterred by a gun ban are

    1) little old ladies who don't even have a speeding ticket

    2) a hard working father of four whose only criminal record is not paying a parking ticket

    3) a hard core gang banger who traffics illegal narcotics, stolen property and kiddie porn



  7. #167
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,761

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    cocaine is restricted. but crooks get cocaine all the time. and unlike firearms that are always going to be legally owned by government units, there is no legitimate market for cocaine

    so your argument is moronic.



    but you prove what I have said is true. You want to ban all guns. Handguns are used in most crimes that involve firearms so thinking you are limiting your gun banning to rarely used (one in 70 years) legal machine guns or the garment soiling "assault weapons" is silly.

    Your argument is for a complete gun ban because you think that might stop some criminals
    So, you're not an expert in the constitution then. So you know that my argument for an amendment is true then. So you're going to try and do an end run from a challenge on that point by chaging the subject.

    Please.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  8. #168
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    So, you're not an expert in the constitution then. So you know that my argument for an amendment is true then. So you're going to try and do an end run from a challenge on that point by chaging the subject.

    Please.
    I am an expert on the constitution. If you actually understood that document you would have known that.

    you want to ban guns, that is what we know. and you don't seem to know that the USSC has no role in the amendment process



  9. #169
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,761

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I'm sorry you're not able to see the relationship between the court determining societal norms and society itself...
    I know what you're trying to say, but you're not tying it into an amendment process, so what you're saying is just sort of floating out there.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  10. #170
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,761

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the Supreme Court has no role in the amendment process. I know enough about the process to understand that
    I never said that the court did.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •