View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 127 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #1261
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you merely claimed those clauses allowed it. reading them, and using your "exact words" test, your argument has no merit since gun control powers are not mentioned.
    A word by reading of Article I Section 8 funds several clauses that can be employed to regulate firearms. I have provided them for you many many many times now.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #1262
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I did, you just don't like the answer
    your opinion is not an answer based on anything other than your own belief system. As such, it is fairly irrelevant.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #1263
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post

    I have always been consistent on this issue

    you have not been. Your only consistency is to oppose citizens' rights
    The one thing you have been consistent about - and I have to give you credit for it - is your complete inability to find any real world existence for these so called pre-existing natural rights you believe in. that has been entirely consistent. No matter how many times I challenge you to produce where they actually existed and no matter how many t imes you are unable to come up with anything - you still hold fast and hard to your beliefs and never let reality in the way.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #1264
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The one thing you have been consistent about - and I have to give you credit for it - is your complete inability to find any real world existence for these so called pre-existing natural rights you believe in. that has been entirely consistent. No matter how many times I challenge you to produce where they actually existed and no matter how many t imes you are unable to come up with anything - you still hold fast and hard to your beliefs and never let reality in the way.
    still diverting by trying to pretend the issue is whether natural rights exist

    a completely worthless inquiry



  5. #1265
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    your opinion is not an answer based on anything other than your own belief system. As such, it is fairly irrelevant.
    Why do you think Haymarket, no one criticizes my consistency or the honesty of my posts on this subject while your answers are constantly destroyed as being contradictory, evasive etc?

    The fact is, my positions on the 2A and the Sec. 8 clauses are consistent with the language in those sections, and more importantly, the belief system of the founders.

    Your position is a complete fail because your positions twist the language, require ever changing standards (from "THE EXACT LANGUAGE Nonsense as applied to the 2A to the "I THINK I CAN INFER A POWER in Sec 8) and is completely and totally hostile and contradictory to the entire premise upon which the Constitution is based upon and the stated and patently obvious belief structure of the founders



  6. #1266
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    A word by reading of Article I Section 8 funds several clauses that can be employed to regulate firearms. I have provided them for you many many many times now.
    wrong, more dishonest twisting. YOU CAN read them to allow that if

    1) you ignore the "exact language"

    2) you ignore the plain meaning

    3) you make up stuff that is not even HINTED in the language

    4) you complete ignore the entire premise underlying the Constitution

    5) you ignore the founders' main assumptions and beliefs

    6) and most pathetically, you work backwards and use a system of interpretation that is completely opposite of how you interpret the 2A.

    In other words, in over to use those clauses, you have to reject reality, reject an honest reading and make stuff up

    and other than the commerce clause, no one in 80 years has pretended that the other clauses work



  7. #1267
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And why is that?




    The first two are the most common usage. They apply perfectly and you have given us no reason not connected to political ideology or belief or simply outright denial why they do not apply.





    Only if one insists on removing the first two first more common usage definitions, ignoring them for political reasons and focusing only on the third to produce a result that runs contrary to the common usage of the day.



    That is an ideological and political position not based on the definition provided giving the most common usage of the day.
    What the hell?

    When you're trying to determine whether a word applies, you look through the various definitions to find the one that applies.

    You don't dismiss it just because the first two do not apply.

    Seriously, what the ****?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #1268
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    What the hell?

    When you're trying to determine whether a word applies, you look through the various definitions to find the one that applies.

    You don't dismiss it just because the first two do not apply.

    Seriously, what the ****?
    I did just what you suggest. The first one applies perfectly.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #1269
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    still diverting by trying to pretend the issue is whether natural rights exist
    then why are you pushing them?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #1270
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Why do you think Haymarket, no one criticizes my consistency or the honesty of my posts on this subject while your answers are constantly destroyed as being contradictory, evasive etc?
    Because you and others have successfully achieved exactly the environment you want here through years of work and careful control.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •