View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 125 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #1241
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Allow me to explain something to you EB that I hope enlightens you to the ways of the real world we all live in. Politicians deal in BS. It is their stock in trade. It is their currency. The say all sorts of things depending on which way the wind is blowing. I know from personal experience as I have written speeches for politicians, written literature for them, written press releases for them , and literally put the words into their mouths.

    They will say anything if they thing it helps them.

    That is true of all sides of the aisle.

    So there are two kinds of people in this world: the wised-up and the hopelessly naive.

    The wised up generally flush the crap that comes out of a politicians mouth and disregards it as self serving BS. They look at the ACTIONS of the politician.

    The hopelessly naive looks at the words - the speeches - the beliefs the politician claims to hold and forms their opinion about them through that. In doing so they become spas and suckers and chumps because they have fallen for the hype while ignoring the real actions.

    The sooner you and everybody else gets rid of this quaint childish notion that "they did not believe in that so they would not have done that" - you will be far far better off as the rose colored glasses come off and you quit being in the wrong column.

    An excellent example is the idea that the Founders actually believed the nonsense they wrote in the Declaration of Independence which was a blatant lie the moment they put pen to parchment and they live the lie continuously.

    I could not care less about what any federalist or anti-federalist said. they did what they did and what they did was write a series of Amendments which gave us our rights as Americans.

    But enough for my friendly advice to you..... lets look at a real right and see where it comes from.

    If I am accused of a crime, I have the right to a speedy and public trial. How do I know I have this right? Because it says so right there in Amendment 6.

    Now if you tell me I have the right but it does not come from Amendment 6 - fine. Just then show me where it can be found.
    this in no way............ explains anything i say..........


    if the bill of rights gave us our rights............then Americans had no rights until the USSC stated the bill of rights applied to states after the civl war.


    Barron v. Mayor & City Council of Baltimore | LII / Legal Information Institute

    major failure for you haymarket.

  2. #1242
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,045

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    this in no way............ explains anything i say..........
    Sure it does. You and others here claim that the FOunders believed in certain things and you reproduce in nauseum speeches from them as to what they believed. You think that becuase they said something or believed something then they could not have done certain things like believe in gun regulations or give us our rights in a document.

    here you are - your own words

    the anti-federalist would not help ratify the Constitution if a bill of rights was not created, because...they stated the Constitution did not protect the rights of the people, Madison and Hamilton both argued that the Constitution because it limited the federal government in such a way, that it could not be involved in the life's liberty and property of the people, that rights were secure. however in order to get the anti-federalist to ratify the Constitution Madison promised to write a bill of rights.
    The fact is that they did just the same.


    But they did. And that is all that counts.

    if the bill of rights gave us our rights............then Americans had no rights until the USSC stated the bill of rights applied to states after the civl war.
    That is your argument. It is not mine nor do I care about it one iota.

    In addition my post contains a perfect example of a right Americans have directly from the Constitution. Something you have several times challenged me to produce.

    And you have it.
    Last edited by haymarket; 10-23-14 at 02:49 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #1243
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post


    That is your argument. It is not mine nor do I care about it one iota.
    really? your argument.....

    in 1833 john Marshall stated in Barron vs Baltimore that the bill of rights does not apply to Citizens of states...

    Barron tried to use the 5th amendment of the bill of rights, the USSC said it did not apply to him.

    so you idea that the bill of rights gives people their rights..........is a MAJOR dismal FAILURE

  4. #1244
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,045

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    really? your argument.....

    in 1833 john Marshall stated in Barron vs Baltimore that the bill of rights does not apply to Citizens of states...

    Barron tried to use the 5th amendment of the bill of rights, the USSC said it did not apply to him.

    so you idea that the bill of rights gives people their rights..........is a MAJOR dismal FAILURE
    And what does that anecdote have to do with my post or my argument?

    It is 2014 by my calendar on the wall.
    Last edited by haymarket; 10-23-14 at 03:06 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #1245
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And what does that anecdote have to do with my post or my argument?

    It is 2014 by my calendar on the wall.
    how can the bill of rights give us our rights.....if they dont apply as stated in 1833 by the USSC

  6. #1246
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,045

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    how can the bill of rights give us our rights.....if they dont apply as stated in 1833 by the USSC
    So what do you think this 1833 decision said exactly? To whom did what not apply?

    So is it your position that Americans had no rights during this time period starting in 1833 and ending..... when exactly?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #1247
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So what do you think this 1833 decision said exactly? To whom did what not apply?

    So is it your position that Americans had no rights during this time period starting in 1833 and ending..... when exactly?
    if you would just read, the court stated the 5th amendment does not apply to Barron.

    if the bill of rights gave us our rights...it would have.

    major failure for you

  8. #1248
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,045

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    if you would just read, the court stated the 5th amendment does not apply to Barron.

    if the bill of rights gave us our rights...it would have.

    major failure for you
    You see EB - this case does not concern me one bit. It was a 1833 ruling which was largely ignored when it came out and was even more ignored in the following 35 years. In fact, many Congressmen did not even know about it when they debated the 14th Amendment after the civil war ended. I guess it was "that important and influential" - which is to say - IT WAS NOT AT ALL. And then in 1868 we have the 14th Amendment which effectively solves that entire dispute in favor of national rights protected by government.

    So I am not at all concerned about a liability ruling to help a state government save money which was really only in force - and even that is disputable as it was ignored by many including states - for 35 years. And 35 years out of the last 223 years is but comparatively small pimple on the ass of history.

    And who exactly was not covered by the Fifth Amendment according to Marshall? Did he say that no American had rights under the Bill of Rights?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #1249
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You see EB - this case does not concern me one bit. It was a 1833 ruling which was largely ignored when it came out and was even more ignored in the following 35 years. In fact, many Congressmen did not even know about it when they debated the 14th Amendment after the civil war ended. I guess it was "that important and influential" - which is to say - IT WAS NOT AT ALL. And then in 1868 we have the 14th Amendment which effectively solves that entire dispute in favor of national rights protected by government.

    So I am not at all concerned about a liability ruling to help a state government save money which was really only in force - and even that is disputable as it was ignored by many including states - for 35 years. And 35 years out of the last 223 years is but comparatively small pimple on the ass of history.

    And who exactly was not covered by the Fifth Amendment according to Marshall? Did he say that no American had rights under the Bill of Rights?
    AVOIDANCE IS TRULY YOUR GIFT.

    that you will not even address what has been stated, all you do is just stay in denial....

  10. #1250
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,045

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    AVOIDANCE IS TRULY YOUR GIFT.

    that you will not even address what has been sated, all you do is just stay in denial....
    I spoke to your issue head on. If I had been any more direct you would have marks upon you from the direct impact.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •