View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 122 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #1211
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    we will let the readers decide if my saying "and that proves your argument has no merit"

    is 1) a concession that your silly claim "because they are nowhere to find" (when we have educated you ad nauseum about natural rights) is correct or;

    2) a claim that your belief that "they were nowhere to find" proves your argument has no merit because as I have stated dozens of times to you, the issue is what the founders believed and their belief precludes them from intending to only partially recognize a right they believe existed

    so you can scream game set and match but your interpretation of what I said is patently dishonest and worse yet, you know it is based on my prior comments trying to educate you about Natural Rights and why their existence is not the issue but rather their acceptance by the founders is
    Last edited by TurtleDude; 10-23-14 at 12:31 AM.



  2. #1212
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    The thread was a poll ... the poll was answered. To quote somebody, "The people have spoken" ... any other discussion is a moot point. Where I come from what you have done is called mental masturbation.
    you may want to go back and see that I was one of those people who voted NO. I am in that 4 to 1 margin.

    Where I come from what you are is badly confused.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #1213
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    you may want to go back and see that I was one of those people who voted NO. I am in that 4 to 1 margin.

    Where I come from what you are is badly confused.
    The people have spoken ... what else do you need? The question was asked ... and answered. Anything else is just window dressing.
    We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
    - Orson Welles

  4. #1214
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    The people have spoken ... what else do you need? The question was asked ... and answered. Anything else is just window dressing.
    And I was one of the people who voted NO with the majority. What is there about that fact that seems to befuddle and confound you?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #1215
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    The people have spoken ... what else do you need? The question was asked ... and answered. Anything else is just window dressing.
    the poll really doesn't prove much

    we have people who say there is no need to change it because it clearly states the government cannot do anything to limit our right to KBA

    then you have people such as Haymarket who claim it doesn't need to be changed because it allows every restriction you can imagine short of a complete ban

    in other words-two people can vote the same and be on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum

    absolute right in terms of federal non-interference (my position)

    or everything short of a complete and total ban is allowed to the government by the 2A



  6. #1216
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And I was one of the people who voted NO with the majority. What is there about that fact that seems to befuddle and confound you?
    Nothing ... you made your voice heard ... you voted. Everything else is irrelevant. All you did was try to feed your intellectual ego.
    We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
    - Orson Welles

  7. #1217
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And I was one of the people who voted NO with the majority. What is there about that fact that seems to befuddle and confound you?
    I think what is confusing is that you have stated that the 2A as written, was INTENDED to allow all sorts of bans and restrictions while most of those voting NO meant that the 2A is absolute



  8. #1218
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we will let the readers decide if my saying "and that proves your argument has no merit"

    is 1) a concession that your silly claim "because they are nowhere to find" (when we have educated you ad nauseum about natural rights) is correct or;

    2) a claim that your belief that "they were nowhere to find" proves your argument has no merit because as I have stated dozens of times to you, the issue is what the founders believed and their belief precludes them from intending to only partially recognize a right they believe existed

    so you can scream game set and match but your interpretation of what I said is patently dishonest and worse yet, you know it is based on my prior comments trying to educate you about Natural Rights and why their existence is not the issue but rather their acceptance by the founders is
    A poll of gun sycophants on a right libertarian site where you cover for each other and carefully monitor these threads to produce the opinion you want expressed on this site??????

    Yeah - right. Get real Turtle. All the gun lovers you want to drag in here in the world DOES NOT CHANGE WHAT YOU SAID no matter what their loyalty to you and the cause is.

    You are doing tonight what you have accused me of doing in the past - your refuse to concede a point you obviously lost on. And all the polls or shared opinion of believers in the cause does not change the reality of what you said.

    In fact, some phony baloney coordinated effort to save your bacon from the fire only underlines that you see the desperate need to save it in the first place and rallying the troops is the only way to save face.

    Its a win win situation for me Turtle.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #1219
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    A poll of gun sycophants on a right libertarian site where you cover for each other and carefully monitor these threads to produce the opinion you want expressed on this site??????

    Yeah - right. Get real Turtle. All the gun lovers you want to drag in here in the world DOES NOT CHANGE WHAT YOU SAID no matter what their loyalty to you and the cause is.
    blaming the audience here is pretty pathetic

    I stand by what I said

    I reject your dishonest and clearly bogus interpretation of what you claim I MEANT



    we will use your exact word standard that you created to pretend "shall not be infringed" does not prevent INFRINGEMENTS because the word INFRINGEMENT is not contained in "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

    where did I say with EXACT WORDS what you claimed



  10. #1220
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I think what is confusing is that you have stated that the 2A as written, was INTENDED to allow all sorts of bans and restrictions while most of those voting NO meant that the 2A is absolute
    I voted NO on this poll Turtle. My post 234 proves that. If you are confused - that is not my problem.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •