View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 120 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #1191
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,848

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    nice attempt at diversion and trying to overcome your massive error as to the entire foundation of the Constitutional fabric.
    No diversion. You already conceded the argument and admitted you lost in your claim that there were pre-existing natural rights. here is the proof in your own words unedited and unchanged.

    my 1183

    Originally Posted by haymarket
    Because they were nowhere to find.
    and your response in 1184 complete with reproducing my statement

    and that proves why your argument has no merit
    So you admitted they were nowhere to be found.

    Game. Set. Match.

    Nothing you can say changes that.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #1192
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    No diversion. You already conceded the argument and admitted you lost in your claim that there were pre-existing natural rights. here is the proof in your own words unedited and unchanged.

    my 1183



    and your response in 1184 complete with reproducing my statement



    So you admitted they were nowhere to be found.

    Game. Set. Match.
    you can claim you won all you want

    you have permanently destroyed any credibility you believed you had in this topic by claiming that "congress" intended "to regulate from the start" a right that the creators of the constitution and the bill of rights saw as pre existing congress

    why would the founders-WHO BELIEVED THE RIGHTS RECOGNIZED in the Bill of rights existed since the start of man-could be regulated from THE START by a government that did not exist until they created it

    how can that happen Haymarket

    and why do you avoid answering this fundamental issue of constitutional scholarship and construction like the plague?



  3. #1193
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,848

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you can claim you won all you want
    I am simply acknowledging what you did when we were discussing your claim about pre-existing natural rights.

    my 1183

    Originally Posted by haymarket
    Because they were nowhere to find.


    and your response in 1184 complete with reproducing my statement

    and that proves why your argument has no merit
    So you admitted they were nowhere to be found.

    Game. Set. Match.

    Its over Turtle. You admitted that your previously claimed pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found. You cannot go back on that and its out there for all time. Trying to haul down the white flag after you hoisted it by bringing up the same old arguments that have already been destroyed will not change that you alread conceded that your pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #1194
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am simply acknowledging what you did when we were discussing your claim about pre-existing natural rights.

    my 1183





    and your response in 1184 complete with reproducing my statement



    So you admitted they were nowhere to be found.

    Game. Set. Match.

    Its over Turtle. You admitted that your previously claimed pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found. You cannot go back on that and its out there for all time. Trying to haul down the white flag after you hoisted it by bringing up the same old arguments that have already been destroyed will not change that you alread conceded that your pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found.


    LOL no matter how you twist and evade you make a comment that will never be forgotten

    that congress intended to regulate "From the start" a right that the founders believed pre-existed the creation of our government.

    you think because a "right" cannot be touched, or put in a shopping cart, or hidden in your wallet, it does not exist

    such silliness



  5. #1195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,848

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL no matter how you twist and evade you make a comment that will never be forgotten

    that congress intended to regulate "From the start" a right that the founders believed pre-existed the creation of our government.
    But they did just that no matter how many times you invoke the fallacy of No True Scotsman - or as it applies to your failed argument - No True Believing FOunder. They did just what you claim they would never do and reality beats the living crap out of belief 24/7/365.

    So you got nothing with that argument Turtle.

    Check that... you got less than nothing because you already conceded on the front of those previously claimed pre-existing natural rights.

    my 1183

    Originally Posted by haymarket
    Because they were nowhere to find.
    and your response in 1184 complete with reproducing my statement

    and that proves why your argument has no merit
    So you admitted they were nowhere to be found.

    Game. Set. Match.

    Its over Turtle. You admitted that your previously claimed pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found. You cannot go back on that and its out there for all time. Trying to haul down the white flag after you hoisted it by bringing up the same old arguments that have already been destroyed will not change that you alread conceded that your pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found.

    And your No True Believer Founder argument is destroyed by the reality of the Founders very actions doing what you claim they would never ever do.

    Its now Game... Set... Match times two.

    You can't unring that bell Turtle. And its too late to edit your post making your concession all magically go away.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #1196
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    tl dr. its over Haymarket. You cannot ever undo it.

    claiming that the founders intended the PRE EXISTING RIGHT recognized by the 2A be "REGULATED FROM THE START" is the chernobyl moment.


    You are not honestly presenting what I said. and you are trying to divert from the absolute game ending error you made



  7. #1197
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So you just admitted the so called pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found in reality.

    Finally - after all these months - you admit you have no point.
    as usual you misrepresent what I said

    I said your claim proves your argument has no merit

    noting more nothing less



  8. #1198
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,848

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as usual you misrepresent what I said

    I said your claim proves your argument has no merit

    noting more nothing less
    It took you all that time to come up with something so blatantly weak?

    lets look at what was said

    We were talking about your claim that there are pre-existing natural rights..... something you have been claiming over and over and over for a long time now in many different threads

    my 1183

    Originally Posted by haymarket
    Because they were nowhere to find.

    and your response in 1184 complete with reproducing my statement that your pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found

    and that proves why your argument has no merit
    So you admitted they were nowhere to be found. you DID NOT say that my argument has no merit. You said "that" - the THAT being your inability to find these pre-existing natural rights- is why I have no argument. The second half is your opinion. The first half where you admitted they were nowhere to be found is your conceding the point.

    Game. Set. Match.

    Its over Turtle. You admitted that your previously claimed pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found. You cannot go back on that and its out there for all time.

    YOu can't unring the bell turtle. You cannot lie about what you actually said. You cannot pretend you did not say it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #1199
    User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    04-17-16 @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    62

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I'm happy to adopt a system more like the UK. Less guns means less gun deaths.
    It would not mean less gun deaths it would mean more death's, due to innocent people being able to protect themselves with guns, while criminals would have weapons. read this report the evidenve proves it to you.


    http://crimepreventionresearchcenter.org/2013/12/murder-and-homicide-rates-before-and-after-gun-bans/

  10. #1200
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It took you all that time to come up with something so blatantly weak?

    lets look at what was said

    We were talking about your claim that there are pre-existing natural rights..... something you have been claiming over and over and over for a long time now in many different threads

    my 1183




    and your response in 1184 complete with reproducing my statement that your pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found



    So you admitted they were nowhere to be found. you DID NOT say that my argument has no merit. You said [U"]that" [/U] - the THAT being your inability to find these pre-existing natural rights- is why I have no argument. The second half is your opinion. The first half where you admitted they were nowhere to be found is your conceding the point.

    Game. Set. Match.

    Its over Turtle. You admitted that your previously claimed pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found. You cannot go back on that and its out there for all time.

    YOu can't unring the bell turtle. You cannot lie about what you actually said. You cannot pretend you did not say it.
    LOL pathetic.


    what i said was what I said-not what you pretended I said

    and you are complaining about an imaginary loose thread in my jacket in order to divert from the fact that your suit has been covered in mud.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •