View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 119 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #1181
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What is ten thousand times more pathetic is that you cannot provide one of those answers where you told us where this pre-existing right could be found outside of some self imposed belief system which gave nobody any real rights.
    I don't have to FIND them

    I merely note-correctly-that the founders believed in them and intended to recognize them with the Bill of rights


    I asked you a question you have avoided for days

    DO YOU ADMIT OR DENY that

    1) the founders believed in Natural Rights

    2) and that the bill of rights was intended to recognize those natural rights

    now this is not a question like you ask-one that you can find the answers to by googling

    this is a question as to what you believe



  2. #1182
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What is ten thousand times more pathetic is that you cannot provide one of those answers where you told us where this pre-existing right could be found outside of some self imposed belief system which gave nobody any real rights.
    I don't have to find it

    I merely honestly and correctly noted that

    1) the founders believed in them

    2) the Bill of Rights was written to recognize them

    3) and the Supreme court agrees with that

    we understand your need to try to pretend that the rights do not exist. But it doesn't work



  3. #1183
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't have to FIND them
    Because they were nowhere to find.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #1184
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Because they were nowhere to find.
    and that proves why your argument has no merit



  5. #1185
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and that proves why your argument has no merit
    So you just admitted the so called pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found in reality.

    Finally - after all these months - you admit you have no point.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #1186
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So you just admitted the so called pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found in reality.

    Finally - after all these months - you admit you have no point.
    this sort of dishonesty is not helpful



  7. #1187
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this sort of dishonesty is not helpful
    Its what you admitted to when you agreed that your so called pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found.

    my 1183

    Originally Posted by haymarket
    Because they were nowhere to find.
    and your response in 1184 complete with reproducing my statement
    and that proves why your argument has no merit
    So you admitted they were nowhere to be found.

    Game. Set. Match.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #1188
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Its what you admitted to when you agreed that your so called pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found.



    and your response in 1184 complete with reproducing my statement


    So you admitted they were nowhere to be found.

    Game. Set. Match.
    stop fibbing

    the founders intended to recognize these rights in the bill of rights

    so the bill of rights recognize them

    that destroys your pathetic and evasive arguments

    the rights existed in the belief system of the founders

    the Bill of Rights recognized that fact

    their recognition of those rights destroys your silly claims that the "congress intended to regulate those rights from the start


    you have lost and your whopper of a lie concerning that claim is terminal



  9. #1189
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    stop fibbingl
    No fibbing is involved. Check this for accuracy or reproducing your statement:

    Its what you admitted to when you agreed that your so called pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found.

    my 1183

    Originally Posted by haymarket
    Because they were nowhere to find.

    and your response in 1184 complete with reproducing my statement

    and that proves why your argument has no merit

    So you admitted they were nowhere to be found.

    Game. Set. Match.

    the founders intended to recognize these rights in the bill of rights
    You cannot recognize that which does not exist in reality.

    Another game set and match.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #1190
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    No fibbing is involved. Check this for accuracy or reproducing your statement:

    Its what you admitted to when you agreed that your so called pre-existing natural rights were nowhere to be found.

    my 1183




    and your response in 1184 complete with reproducing my statement




    So you admitted they were nowhere to be found.

    Game. Set. Match.



    You cannot recognize that which does not exist in reality.

    Another game set and match.
    nice attempt at diversion and trying to overcome your massive error as to the entire foundation of the Constitutional fabric.

    not going to work. the evasion proves you have lost. You know damn well that the founders believed in the concept of natural rights. They worried that those rights might not be recognized because they were not specifically mentioned in the main body of the constitution. So the bill of rights was created to do so. Your silly diversions and detours about those rights "not existing" until the Bill of Right was created is dilatory. I understand why the rights are terrifying to someone who does not like the restrictions placed on beloved big brother by the Bill of Rights.

    what is important-and you have been told this dozens of times and pretend it has not been said before-is that men who intended to recognize pre-existing rights DID NOT INTEND for congress to regulate the "right from the start" because the right started when humans first appeared

    Now I realize that is a concept that perhaps is tough to those who don't like the fact that the founders saw rights as coming from God, rather than the deity of the statist-Government

    but its true

    and since you have refused to answer my questions as to

    whether the founders believed in natural rights and then intended to recognize them

    it is patently obvious you realize an honest answer destroys the entire premise of your faulty statist argument

    that being congress was never delegated any power to regulate a right that pre-exists the founding of congress and which was recognized as such by the founders



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •