View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 118 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #1171
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,708
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    right to life? You are born - you are alive - so is any other creature who is born..... what does that have to do with any right?
    Nice try, hey, but it is obvious by the way your question is worded that you are of the "rights are granted by the state" mindset.

    Not interested.

  2. #1172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Nice try, hey, but it is obvious by the way your question is worded that you are of the "rights are granted by the state" mindset.

    Not interested.
    Rights come from a two step process that begins with the people. When enough people decide that they want a certain behavior accepted and protected as a RIGHT, they exert enough power or influence over their government until government agrees to put that into law and we then have a RIGHT. And in the case of the USA - its government of the people, by the people and for the people so it ends with them also.

    That makes much more practical and real sense than the idea of giant mythical gods cavorting in the ether while they dispense out rights like so much Halloween candy to costumed toddlers. But since that particular holiday is soon to be upon us, I guess some cannot shake the fantasy for reality. Its a shame.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #1173
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,708
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Rights come from a two step process that begins with the people. When enough people decide that they want a certain behavior accepted and protected as a RIGHT, they exert enough power or influence over their government until government agrees to put that into law and we then have a RIGHT. And in the case of the USA - its government of the people, by the people and for the people so it ends with them also.

    That makes much more practical and real sense than the idea of giant mythical gods cavorting in the ether while they dispense out rights like so much Halloween candy to costumed toddlers. But since that particular holiday is soon to be upon us, I guess some cannot shake the fantasy for reality. Its a shame.
    Was "not interested" somehow confusing to you?

  4. #1174
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Rights come from a two step process that begins with the people. When enough people decide that they want a certain behavior accepted and protected as a RIGHT, they exert enough power or influence over their government until government agrees to put that into law and we then have a RIGHT. And in the case of the USA - its government of the people, by the people and for the people so it ends with them also.

    That makes much more practical and real sense than the idea of giant mythical gods cavorting in the ether while they dispense out rights like so much Halloween candy to costumed toddlers. But since that particular holiday is soon to be upon us, I guess some cannot shake the fantasy for reality. Its a shame.
    impossible!

    you have no ability to create a right for another person, and neither do i, ..........and since you and i dont have any ability ,there is not way we can elect people and give them an ability which we do not HAVE in the first place.

    laws do not create rights, they are created to secure the rights our humanity has given us.

    name a law which has given us a right.

  5. #1175
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Was "not interested" somehow confusing to you?
    absolutely - especially when your actions say the direct opposite............

    .......... and still do.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #1176
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    impossible!

    you have no ability to create a right for another person, and neither do i, ..........and since you and i dont have any ability ,there is not way we can elect people and give them an ability which we do not HAVE in the first place.

    laws do not create rights, they are created to secure the rights our humanity has given us.

    name a law which has given us a right.
    nope - being born only gets you alive and no rights come with it.

    The Bill of Rights gives us our rights. I read it right there in print. I can see it.

    Your so called "humanity" gives us nothing except our first breath.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #1177
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    nope - being born only gets you alive and no rights come with it.

    The Bill of Rights gives us our rights. I read it right there in print. I can see it.

    Your so called "humanity" gives us nothing except our first breath.
    I am waiting for you to explain how "congress intended to regulate the rights recognized from the start" when those who wrote the 2A and "recognized the right" stated that the right PRE-EXISTED CONGRESS



  8. #1178
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am waiting for you to explain how "congress intended to regulate the rights recognized from the start" when those who wrote the 2A and "recognized the right" stated that the right PRE-EXISTED CONGRESS
    Really? What pre-existing right are you referring to and where do I find evidence of its existence before constitutions gave us those rights?

    And when I used the phrase "right from the start" I was referring to the Constitution. Are you clear on that now?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #1179
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Really? What pre-existing right are you referring to and where do I find evidence of its existence before constitutions gave us those rights?
    its pathetic that you ask a question that has been answered 100s of times

    Take it up with The Supreme Court



  10. #1180
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    its pathetic that you ask a question that has been answered 100s of times

    Take it up with The Supreme Court
    What is ten thousand times more pathetic is that you cannot provide one of those answers where you told us where this pre-existing right could be found outside of some self imposed belief system which gave nobody any real rights.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •