View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 113 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #1121
    Advisor Willie Orwontee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cradle of Liberty (obs.)
    Last Seen
    10-07-17 @ 01:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    381

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You are the one making the claim so it is up to you to pick and then support it with verifiable evidence.

    You have provided that evidence with the constant dismissal and denigration of the fundamental constitutional principles of conferred powers and retained rights, advocating an interpretive model that misconstructs the 2nd Amendment, perverts its intent to secure rights and invents powers to restrain rights all in service to 20th Century communitarian "collective rights" theory which has no support in the Constitution.
    I already have a license to own a gun; it's called a birth certificate.

  2. #1122
    Advisor Willie Orwontee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cradle of Liberty (obs.)
    Last Seen
    10-07-17 @ 01:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    381

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    That is utterly ridiculous. I do not have to believe in what you believe in to have faith that the people make the best government and it is the peoples government which serves the people the best.
    Well then, now that you have exposed yourself, just stop arguing what you think the Constitution means because now it is obvious that you have zero respect for it or allegiance to it and wish to erect and maintain something else (at the detriment of individual rights and the elevation of communitarian concerns) in its stead.
    I already have a license to own a gun; it's called a birth certificate.

  3. #1123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,895

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Orwontee View Post
    You have provided that evidence with the constant dismissal and denigration of the fundamental constitutional principles of conferred powers and retained rights, advocating an interpretive model that misconstructs the 2nd Amendment, perverts its intent to secure rights and invents powers to restrain rights all in service to 20th Century communitarian "collective rights" theory which has no support in the Constitution.
    No. It is you who have made those claims based on what you call these fundamental principles and wrongly include a belief which cannot be proven as one of them.

    The problem is your own creation and I will not be placed into that ill fighting straight jacket.

    I believe in the American system and the Constitution out of simple and basic pragmatics - it is simply the best system which has the people as the center of power and government and I think that works out best for the nation and its people. I do not have to believe in gods in the sky dispensing rights like so much Halloween candy to costumed toddlers to support America, its people and our form of government.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #1124
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,895

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Orwontee View Post
    Well then, now that you have exposed yourself, just stop arguing what you think the Constitution means because now it is obvious that you have zero respect for it or allegiance to it and wish to erect and maintain something else (at the detriment of individual rights and the elevation of communitarian concerns) in its stead.
    I really do not understand the nearly pathological compulsion you have to attack me because I do not believe in something as you do when that belief cannot be proven in the first place. my post above explains more for you but I am sure it will be like water on a ducks back and your attacks will continue unabated because you seemingly have little control over that compulsion.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #1125
    Advisor Willie Orwontee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cradle of Liberty (obs.)
    Last Seen
    10-07-17 @ 01:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    381

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I really do not understand the nearly pathological compulsion you have to attack me because I do not believe in something as you do when that belief cannot be proven in the first place. my post above explains more for you but I am sure it will be like water on a ducks back and your attacks will continue unabated because you seemingly have little control over that compulsion.
    Why should I take you seriously when you say again and again that you believe in something while not believing what it is premised upon?

    You now claim your belief in the Constitution is based in pragmatics . . . Well, I'm glad you have chosen to base your belief on something that "exists" in the physical world that can be "proven to exist" as opposed to a subjective metaphysical "belief system".

    Your pragmatics only operate until the next guy like you comes along with a different argument that dismisses the constraints of the Constitution.
    I already have a license to own a gun; it's called a birth certificate.

  6. #1126
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,895

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Orwontee View Post
    Why should I take you seriously when you say again and again that you believe in something while not believing what it is premised upon?
    It make no difference to me since your mind is already made up and seems to be rather rigid and unyielding.



    You now claim your belief in the Constitution is based in pragmatics . . . Well, I'm glad you have chosen to base your belief on something that "exists" in the physical world that can be "proven to exist" as opposed to a subjective metaphysical "belief system".
    Yes - pragmatics - what works and works well - is something which can is very much part of the real world.

    Your pragmatics only operate until the next guy like you comes along with a different argument that dismisses the constraints of the Constitution
    the so called next guy can be one of your own fellow believers who one day is prostrating himself beside you before the same altar and worshipping the same gods and then the next day disagrees with you on facets of that same belief.

    here it is a nutshell for you

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3fAcxcxoZ8
    Last edited by haymarket; 10-20-14 at 11:50 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #1127
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You are the one making the claim so it is up to you to pick and then support it with verifiable evidence.
    I pick, all of the above. The evidence is in your postings.

  8. #1128
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,895

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I pick, all of the above. The evidence is in your postings.
    You got nothing except your own vitriol. Thank for admitting it with that sweeping generalization devoid of any specifics or any submitted evidence.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #1129
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You got nothing except your own vitriol. Thank for admitting it with that sweeping generalization devoid of any specifics or any submitted evidence.
    if it makes you feel better to spew nonsense, by all means, continue.

  10. #1130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,895

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    if it makes you feel better to spew nonsense, by all means, continue.
    You labeling me as ideological is the worst nonsense of all and then your utter impotence to back it up screams FAILURE in one thousand foot high letters carved into the side of a mountain.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •