View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 102 of 136 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #1011
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You asked and I provided you with the obvious language. It could not be more obvious.





    You are arguing with me - not them. I could not care less what anybody else may think.



    I said nothing of the kind nor have you pointed out anything of the kind.



    But we have already looked at the language which gives them that authority. So your denial is one of pure belief and not based on anything other than your own personal belief simply because you want to believe it.



    And indeed that is one clause that can be used.

    try again, your argument is without any merit and is completely contrary to the entire concept of a government limited to specific power
    The language is not OBVIOUS. Your claims to the contrary. it took 130 years for FDR to "find that power"

    the rest of your post is pure garbage



  2. #1012
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    it has been argued that nothing in the constitution directly stated that the federal government could charter a bank, but that was Before the supreme court proved otherwise in their ruling of McCulloch V. Maryland.

    i prsume you are familiar with the particulars of that case?
    lets stick to the topic. there are other places where you can go to get help for your Government 101 class.

    we know that the courts tend to favor expansion of governmental power. what is at issue is what the founders intended and what the plain language means



  3. #1013
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    lets stick to the topic. there are other places where you can go to get help for your Government 101 class.

    we know that the courts tend to favor expansion of governmental power. what is at issue is what the founders intended and what the plain language means
    i believe that the Necessary and Proper clause is relevant to discussing the subject at hand.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  4. #1014
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    i believe that the Necessary and Proper clause is relevant to discussing the subject at hand.
    so it is your learned opinion that gun control is a necessary and proper power of the federal government even though the founders clearly saw that as a state issue. would say traffic control and zoning also be a necessary and proper power?

    FDR claimed the government needed this power to combat a federally created problem-prohibition gangsters. He couldn't ban gangsters so he pandered by essentially banning machine guns. 20 years later, pimps in office tried to ban bike gangs by severely restricting "switchblade knives" (can anyone argue that was needed or a federal law was proper for that)

    however the states had the power to regulate machine guns without invoking bogus claims of constitutional authority. what this means is FDR wanted to pander rather than there was a real necessity for this law

    your understanding of the N&P clause is deficient because that relates to powers needed to carry out proper federal functions

    gun control isn't one of them



  5. #1015
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The language is not OBVIOUS. Your claims to the contrary. it took 130 years for FDR to "find that power"

    the rest of your post is pure garbage
    Oh but it is and I gave you language complete with THE CONGRESS SHALL HAVE POWER.

    Again, your obsession with FDR is your own and matters not to me.

    Calling silly names does not provide a substitute for a cogent argument with any evidence.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #1016
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    lets stick to the topic. there are other places where you can go to get help for your Government 101 class.

    we know that the courts tend to favor expansion of governmental power. what is at issue is what the founders intended and what the plain language means
    And why is the personal opinion of a Founder so important to you that you are willing to build a mountain around that molehill rather than recognize the will of the American people through their duly elected government?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #1017
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Oh but it is and I gave you language complete with THE CONGRESS SHALL HAVE POWER.

    Again, your obsession with FDR is your own and matters not to me.

    Calling silly names does not provide a substitute for a cogent argument with any evidence.
    there is no power given to congress that has anything to do with firearms. not a single sentence that involves what private citizens can own

    FAIL



  8. #1018
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And why is the personal opinion of a Founder so important to you that you are willing to build a mountain around that molehill rather than recognize the will of the American people through their duly elected government?
    I am sorry your posts appear unable to comprehend what a constitutional republic is. I am worried that you deny that the "will of the majority" as exercised by the pimps they elect to office is limited by the constitution and that the will of the majority was intended to be severely restricted by the founders and the constitution that rules this nation. I realize that pandering to the lowest common denominator and suppressing individual liberties is a characteristic of the democrat party but your argument is so specious that it only deserves derision



  9. #1019
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    there is no power given to congress that has anything to do with firearms. not a single sentence that involves what private citizens can own

    FAIL
    I already gave you the language direct from the US Constitution. To deny that is .... well ... it is inconceivable!!!
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #1020
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,076

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am sorry you are unable to comprehend what a constitutional republic is.
    Not only do I know what it is, I taught it several hundred times over the years and strongly support it.

    I am worried that you are unable to figure out that the "will of the majority" as exercised by the pimps they elect to office is limited by the constitution and that the will of the majority was intended to be severely restricted by the founders and the constitution that rules this nation. I realize that pandering to the lowest common denominator and suppressing individual liberties is a characteristic of the democrat party but your argument is so specious that it only deserves derision
    WOW!!!!! I am tempted to go on about your utter contempt for the American people and their government but you pretty much laid that out without any need to elaborate on it much. That is very very sad.

    DERISION seems to be your poor substitute for debate. But thanks for publicly admitting you have no argument.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •