View Poll Results: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 20.00%
  • No

    59 78.67%
  • Not sure

    1 1.33%
Page 100 of 136 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1352

Thread: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

  1. #991
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,609

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more evasive nonsense

    post the actual words and show us where that power was delegated
    If I were any more direct you would have been handed the Constitution directly from a special messenger. My response was the direct opposite of EVASIVE and suggests you do not know what the word means.

    As to posting the exact words to show you where that power was delegated and to whom it was delegated...Do the words THE CONGRESS SHALL HAVE POWER sound familiar to you? They are the first words of Article I, Section 8 and clearly give the following powers to the Congress - part of the Federal government of the United States of America.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #992
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,609

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that poll is a joke and the reason why it is a joke is that many many gun owners refuse to admit to pollsters that they own guns

    Polls are only accurate if those responding to them are telling the truth

    Mythbusting: Gun Ownership Is On the Decline in the U.S. - The Truth About Guns

    On the other hand, the number of NRA instructors certified to teach the basic NRA classes has increased by nearly 66% over the past five years. Experienced gun owners adding to their collections generally don’t drive demand for introductory courses. New gun owners do


    oh BTW Haymarket-I belong to three gun clubs and frequent two others. ALL have had increases in membership-two now have 40 month waiting periods. That was not the case 10 or 20 years ago.

    now if its all about the same gun owners buying more guns, that wouldn't happen
    So you say. But you provide no verifiable evidence of public ownership otherwise.

    The evidence you site is anecdotal at best and simply shows a increased fervor among those decreasing gun owners at worst. It does nothing to negate the PEW numbers. In fact, when you couple it with the increase in the number of guns held by a decreasing percentage of people, it only confirms that those who own guns are becoming more fervent in their tendencies with firearms.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #993
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,609

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    false...

    James Madison--The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.
    Sadly for you, the personal views of Madison are not part of the Constitution and as so are irrelevant next to the document itself. But then you know that because I have told you that many many times whenever you bring up this canard.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #994
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yet you used one to say guns stopped crime?
    Exactly! Everyone knows guns don't stop crime. I really have no idea why cops even carry guns, when they play absolutely no role in stopping crime. All that's really needed is for the cops to say, in a stern voice, "stop, police".

  5. #995
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Exactly! Everyone knows guns don't stop crime. I really have no idea why cops even carry guns, when they play absolutely no role in stopping crime. All that's really needed is for the cops to say, in a stern voice, "stop, police".
    Which doesn't answer the point as I did not say anything of the kind. A poor study is a poor study. An opinion is an opinion. You can use it and then complain others are using it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #996
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So you say. But you provide no verifiable evidence of public ownership otherwise.

    The evidence you site is anecdotal at best and simply shows a increased fervor among those decreasing gun owners at worst. It does nothing to negate the PEW numbers. In fact, when you couple it with the increase in the number of guns held by a decreasing percentage of people, it only confirms that those who own guns are becoming more fervent in their tendencies with firearms.
    the only fact that is undisputed is that millions upon millions of more firearms are in circulation

    and gun clubs and gun instructors are seeing more and more people seeking their services



  7. #997
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which doesn't answer the point as I did not say anything of the kind. A poor study is a poor study. An opinion is an opinion. You can use it and then complain others are using it.
    So, do guns stop crime, or not? Yes, or no?

  8. #998
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    If I were any more direct you would have been handed the Constitution directly from a special messenger. My response was the direct opposite of EVASIVE and suggests you do not know what the word means.

    As to posting the exact words to show you where that power was delegated and to whom it was delegated...Do the words THE CONGRESS SHALL HAVE POWER sound familiar to you? They are the first words of Article I, Section 8 and clearly give the following powers to the Congress - part of the Federal government of the United States of America.
    there is no obvious language or even language that reasonably can be inferred to delegate the power of gun control to the federal government.

    and guess what-DOn't you think anti gun politicians would have used that language if they thought it meant that?

    your contradictory interpretations of two parts of the constitution are hilarious.

    Congress doesn't have any power to regulate guns. that's why FDR made up that power in the commerce clause

    try again, your argument is without any merit and is completely contrary to the entire concept of a government limited to specific powers



  9. #999
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    So, do guns stop crime, or not? Yes, or no?
    As I've stated before, a person with a gun is more likely to defend themselves than one without. But they are also more likely to shoot themselves or some innocent person. Both are true. But when we measure how many times either is done, we have to measure reported and verifiable events and not just poll and garner opinions.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1000
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Do you think the second amendment needs amended?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    there is no obvious language or even language that reasonably can be inferred to delegate the power of gun control to the federal government.

    and guess what-DOn't you think anti gun politicians would have used that language if they thought it meant that?

    your contradictory interpretations of two parts of the constitution are hilarious.

    Congress doesn't have any power to regulate guns. that's why FDR made up that power in the commerce clause

    try again, your argument is without any merit and is completely contrary to the entire concept of a government limited to specific powers
    is the sale of firearms not considered an act of commerce?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •