View Poll Results: Is there such a thing as White Privilege?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    55 55.00%
  • No

    45 45.00%
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 352

Thread: Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?

  1. #31
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,167

    Re: Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I see, it exists but there's no way to quantify it, or prove it's existence. Sounds like your typical modern liberal assertion. It exists because we said so.
    Where the hell is this white privilege? I have been a cracker all my life and so far the only thing I have gotten for it was a tan.
    It's okay to be white

  2. #32
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?

    Quote Originally Posted by HogWash View Post
    No...he didn't say it...but by saying the above about blacks, he IMPLIED that driving in the same suburb while white is NOT a crime. And I seriously doubt that they are "almost certainly" CHARGED with a CRIME even if they were pulled over by a cop. Just MORE Po' black folk bull****.

    I have NOTHING to 'own up to'. <<< preposition
    The police in this town are notorious for pulling over more black drivers than white drivers. Which might make sense if there were that many more black people living there, but the village is very predominantly white.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #33
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Hmmm. Well, there are large portions of Los Angeles where "Driving While White" is deadly.
    Do the cops pull you over? Or is this typical "I'm so persecuted" stuff?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #34
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Do the cops pull you over? Or is this typical "I'm so persecuted" stuff?
    LOL. That's it, the I'm so persecuted stuff. No, I'm referring to death by those who don't like whites in their neighborhood. The police are only there afterwards to direct the coroner.

    I'd suggest this white privilege stuff is the pinnacle of the "I'm so persecuted stuff" contained in the liberal/progressive playbook, so let's get real.

    Let's call it the "vote for us" meme that suggests "we can help you", without having to admit little has been done with those promises. Oh, other than inviting illegal aliens into those neighborhoods to insure minorities have even fewer opportunities for jobs.

  5. #35
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?
    No....

  6. #36
    stb
    Nilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Beantown
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 09:17 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,217

    Re: Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Hmmm. Well, there are large portions of Los Angeles where "Driving While White" is deadly.
    Could you point out these neighbourhoods to me? I've been living in LA a little while now and I'd sure like to avoid these areas!!

    I had to drive through parts of south central a few times and been fine so I'm surprised there are these "large portions" of LA where I am likely to get shot....
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" - JFK

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?

    As Wiki defines it: "White privilege (or white skin privilege) is a term for societal privileges that benefit white people beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people in the same social, political, or economic circumstances" White privilege - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I wish.

  8. #38
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilly View Post
    Could you point out these neighbourhoods to me? I've been living in LA a little while now and I'd sure like to avoid these areas!!

    I had to drive through parts of south central a few times and been fine so I'm surprised there are these "large portions" of LA where I am likely to get shot....
    I guess you've been fortunate not to drive through those portions of South Central, or East Los Angeles, or Northeast Los Angeles, when your presence wouldn't be appreciated. May I suggest doing so after about 9pm. Good luck!

  9. #39
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,923
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?

    As Wiki defines it: "White privilege (or white skin privilege) is a term for societal privileges that benefit white people beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people in the same social, political, or economic circumstances" White privilege - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    There can be no doubt here in the United States that there use to be. That started to change in the 1960's with Civil Rights and Voting Rights legislation. Today, I do not think so.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #40
    stb
    Nilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Beantown
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 09:17 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,217

    Re: Is There Such a Thing as "White Privilege"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I guess you've been fortunate not to drive through those portions of South Central, or East Los Angeles, or Northeast Los Angeles, when your presence wouldn't be appreciated. May I suggest doing so after about 9pm. Good luck!
    I guess so! I just found his claim strange seeing as:

    a) the crime rate in south central has sharply decreased recently

    b) There is far more black on black crime in LA then black on white crime. In fact a black person is more likely to be a victim of crime then a white person. This is actually true throughout all of america, almost as if there is... a certain privilege to being white.
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" - JFK

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •