View Poll Results: What is your opinion of cops

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I lean left and think most cops are good

    16 30.77%
  • I lean left and think most cops are bad

    1 1.92%
  • I lean right and think most cops are good

    28 53.85%
  • I lean right and think most cops are bad

    7 13.46%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104

Thread: cops

  1. #91
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: cops

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    There are some bad cops but most are good and they have a tough job......You need to give them some slack.
    Not when they are pepper spraying, hitting, tazing and shooting innocent people...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: cops

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I think the problem is, is that their job is essentially to be a**holes....
    Their job is more to uphold the law than it is to just help people.... I think it should be more of the later. They should be paying more attention to who is actually being dangerous or stupid.
    Like... first and foremost... their job philosophy should be to help and protect the community..... like if someone has a popped tire, help them change their tire, Idk..
    That is just it... they should be helping more because as it is now if I saw one there is no way I would flag the cop down to help because they would probably go out of their way to find something wrong with my car or tire and ticket me... or worse, attempt to use force to control me for some reason and then violate my rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: cops

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Most cops are good, but all are not and good cops stick up for bad cops. Its why we have to be distrustful of the entire system.
    Right... how many of these videos do we see where some cop is being abusive and the other cops come up and do nothing about it? Most to all of them, it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: cops

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    When someone sees a soldier in an airport people will go up and thank him for his service to our country. I have never seen anyone go up to a policeman and thank him for his service.
    I have a couple of times and twice I paid for cops lunches when they came into a diner I was eating at...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #95
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: cops

    Based on what my sister has told me, I would agree. I think they also get kind of lazy and careless, and don't want to put up with BS anymore. They want to put the cuffs on somebody, end the situation, and let the legal system sort them out rather than get personally involved with the people. My sister has a few stories where a careless partner lacks on protocols and puts a partner in danger, usually because they want to sit on their butt and/or think it's just business as usual and nothing is going to happen.

    Protocols are there for a reason though.




    Quote Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
    Unfortunately bc of the nature of the job, I feel many start off as good people, but then for whatever reason they change.

    It's due to either;

    Becoming jaded

    Acquiring a superiority complex

    Only hanging out with other cops who share their sane mentality

    It's interesting that we don't hear about women LEO's being trigger happy, or too aggressive. Wonder why that is!?

  6. #96
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: cops

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    I don't have anything against cops. Hell! There's a good chance that I might wind up as one them if the military doesn't pan out.

    I can't say that I've had any particularly poor experiences with them either. I actually get off more often than not.

    However, I will say that I occasionally find our country's approach to law enforcement to be rather counter-productive and overly draconian in general. A lot of cops these days are basically armed to the teeth, and trained to "shoot first and ask questions later" with an attitude to match.

    For that reason, you should, at the very least, be wary of them.

    Do the wrong thing around the wrong cop in the wrong mood, and you might very well wind up dead.
    Sorry, but cops are in no way shape or form trained to shoot first and ask questions later.

    Im a fed and have been to both local and federal academies. Cops are trained to react to escalation of force.

    No gun with hands in the field interview position.

    Hands up in a defensive position

    Hands on non lethal use of force

    Finally lethal force

    If the situation dictates, escalate straight to lethal. The situation that would justify such a measure is a totality of circumstances

    Alone, multiple suspects?
    Alone with a huge suspect?
    Weapons present?
    Verbal threats?
    Lighting?
    How far away is backup?
    Are you being attacked?

    All things are fluid.

    Im also a veteran, soldiers are trained to kill. Officers are trained to stop the threat

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: cops

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabanist View Post
    Im also a veteran, soldiers are trained to kill. Officers are trained to stop the threat
    Yes. By killing it, by and large.

    I've seen plenty of incidents where cops didn't have to shoot their suspect, but did so anyway, simply because it was more expedient for them.

    The reason for that does ultimately boil down to the fact that they are explicitly trained to be overly-reliant upon their firearms rather than look to non-lethal alternatives.

  8. #98
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: cops

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Yes. By killing it, by and large.

    I've seen plenty of incidents where cops didn't have to shoot their suspect, but did so anyway, simply because it was more expedient for them.

    The reason for that does ultimately boil down to the fact that they are explicitly trained to be overly-reliant upon their firearms rather than look to non-lethal alternatives.

    You are incorrect regarding the "explicit" training

    Define plenty of incidents. 10? Do you know how many police encounters happen everyday and no firearm is ever used?

  9. #99
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: cops

    Quote Originally Posted by SayMyName View Post
    Once again another poll where you can not vote because what is right or left is not defined clearly, and then if you lean neither liberal or conservative you can not participate.

    So, only a comment...When home last December one of the best lawyers in Alabama and quite conservative told me to never talk to police, it will indeed be always used against you. Nothing you say will matter to them except to make a case against you.

    Also, looking from my place of work overseas, and reading of all the crimes being committed by police, and the actions that are now supposedly lawful as they militarize, I can only shake my head.

    In short, I think our country is being beseiged, and it sure doesn't look like it is from terrorists abroad.
    No kidding, if you committed a crime, you think the cops should just let it slide because you were honest?

    Come on.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: cops

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Yes. By killing it, by and large.

    I've seen plenty of incidents where cops didn't have to shoot their suspect, but did so anyway, simply because it was more expedient for them.

    The reason for that does ultimately boil down to the fact that they are explicitly trained to be overly-reliant upon their firearms rather than look to non-lethal alternatives.
    Your last paragraph needs documentation unless it is just opinion

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •