Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 251

Thread: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

  1. #221
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    " Quality of life " ????

    LOL !!!

    California has the Highest poverty rate in the Country.

    Hows the " Quality of life " for people that have been out of work for years ?

    The " quality of life " for over 2 Million Californians was so fantastic they picked up every thing they owned and moved 1500 Miles to Texas.
    I feel bad for them considering they'll be fatter, die of accidental death, have their daughters pendant as teenagers and underpaid throughout the rest of their lives, and have their dogs die sooner.

    There should be warning labels on Texas.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  2. #222
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I think it's time more people trusted their own judgement instead of eating the pablum proffered to us.
    ... nothing you believe or want to believe can change the economic reality that California is a pivotal mechanism in the global competition to raise and maintain the living standards demanded by America's culture and way of life. They've got the tech (up there with energy as the world's most important economic sector), they've got the ports and connections to Southeast Asia markets and political alliances, they've got the entertainment industry via which we propagate Pan-Americanism, etc.

    There's a reason why the entire globe's economic investments in tech are in California and not, say, Ukraine or the Czech Republic. Because the talent and infrastructure is there.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 10-09-14 at 03:29 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Funny, here I thought we were all Americans. I forgot, though, in Conservaland, liberals aren't Americans.
    Liberals are voting to take from those who earn. Those who earn tend to not like that. These aren't difficult concepts. The tragic part is the left is not content taking from themselves-they need producers to leech off of.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Per capita income doesn't actually show the imbalance of wealth distribution, it just shows how much wealth is in our system, regardless of who possesses how much.

    Between us, we each have half a worthwhile point per capita. That doesn't specify how yours isn't worthwhile.

    You missed the humor in that.
    For the first "point" of yours, of course it doesn't-because you chose the improper metric. It disproves your point, so you were unwise to make it with that data. From here on out you can thank me for the illumination.

    And for the second, I was being sarcastic-the poster got it.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    ... nothing you believe or want to believe can change the economic reality that California is a pivotal mechanism in the global competition to raise and maintain the living standards demanded by America's culture and way of life. They've got the tech (up there with energy as the world's most important economic sector), they've got the ports and connections to Southeast Asia markets and political alliances, they've got the entertainment industry via which we propagate Pan-Americanism, etc.

    There's a reason why the entire globe's economic investments in tech are in California and not, say, Ukraine or the Czech Republic. Because the talent and infrastructure is there.
    That "infrastructure" is leaving CA like its cool thanks to failed liberal policies-going to places like Canada and Texas.

  6. #226
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    That "infrastructure" is leaving CA like its cool thanks to failed liberal policies-going to places like Canada and Texas.
    ... infrastructure doesn't leave, personnel and investments leave.

    You can't change geography. California has an entire coastline that faces out to the Pacific. Once America completed its economic expansion to the West, we began our economic expansion to East Asia, because our consumerist economy depends on limitless expansion.

    It's true that made it easy for the state to take liberties with the businesses that resided there which has driven a modest exodus to neighboring states, but the things that make California special are in the bones of the land. You can't permanently erase the economic value of that until the resources have been depleted and the economic relationships dissolved.

    Half of the things that make Texas special will become less relevant in 50-100 years, but California will still be important in several centuries.

    Specifically:

    Reduction in the importance of oil refineries

    Reduction in the importance animal husbandry (supermassive domestic and global population growth will challenge the biological feasibility of devoting so many of our crops to keeping red meat alive and growing)

    Climate change affecting the southern half of the United States
    Last edited by Morality Games; 10-09-14 at 04:38 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    ... infrastructure doesn't leave, personnel and investments leave.

    You can't change geography. California has an entire coastline that faces out to the Pacific. Once America completed its economic expansion to the West, we began our economic expansion to East Asia, because our consumerist economy depends on limitless expansion.

    It's true that made it easy for the state to take liberties with the businesses that resided there which has driven a modest exodus to neighboring states, but the things that make California special are in the bones of the land. You can't permanently erase the economic value of that until the resources have been depleted and the economic relationships dissolved.

    Half of the things that make Texas special will become less relevant in 50-100 years, but California will still be important in several centuries.

    Specifically:

    Reduction in the importance of oil refineries

    Reduction in the importance animal husbandry (supermassive domestic and global population growth will challenge the biological feasibility of devoting so many of our crops to keeping red meat alive and growing)

    Climate change affecting the southern half of the United States
    Politics has already diminished the land-droughts in the central valley (that produce 1/4 of the nations table food crops), fishing, oil off shore. And what you call a modest exodus is the tax base. This places days are numbered, and the govt has decided to use its funds on democrat party special favors like the bullet train.

  8. #228
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    ... nothing you believe or want to believe can change the economic reality that California is a pivotal mechanism in the global competition to raise and maintain the living standards demanded by America's culture and way of life. They've got the tech (up there with energy as the world's most important economic sector), they've got the ports and connections to Southeast Asia markets and political alliances, they've got the entertainment industry via which we propagate Pan-Americanism, etc.

    There's a reason why the entire globe's economic investments in tech are in California and not, say, Ukraine or the Czech Republic. Because the talent and infrastructure is there.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear before but looking at this narrowly - don't care about California's economic reality. As with all things, if such a thing ever came to pass, we would survive and adapt.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #229
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Perhaps I wasn't clear before but looking at this narrowly - don't care about California's economic reality. As with all things, if such a thing ever came to pass, we would survive and adapt.
    ... the number of things wrong with that statement vastly exceed the number of things that are right.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  10. #230
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    ... the number of things wrong with that statement vastly exceed the number of things that are right.
    Right according to whom? Fact remains - if California ceased to be, the rest of the country would survive just fine.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •