Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 251

Thread: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

  1. #151
    EVOLUTIONARY ATHIEST doniston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    sheboygan, wi
    Last Seen
    12-12-14 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    953

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You must live in the Mojave Desert, I spent 35 years in Newberry Springs

    for some reason I seem to be getting the wrong quote. this was supposed to be for UNREPRESENTED
    Last edited by doniston; 10-05-14 at 07:23 PM.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    You have been in the black as a "producer" for what, a couple years at most? You spent the first couple decades heavily in the red. Why do you feel you're entitled to skip out on paying it forward to the next generation?
    Ive never been a taker, Ive always paid my taxes, put myself through Paramedic and PA school, have never been on welfare, unemployment, or entitlements, and Ive always contributed to charity, either through money or my medical skills-both here and in Mexico.

    What I dont believe in-is the unearned virtue of advocating forcibly taking from some to give to others for votes. In fact I loath it, and thats what the left has done to this state. Many have already left because of this, the sea change is hard to fight.

    Maybe I will move to the Nevada side of Tahoe so I can flash my guns and cash at the subjects that live on this side.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by doniston View Post
    You must live in the Mojave Desert, I spent 35 years in Newberry Springs

    for some reason I seem to be getting the wrong quote. this was supposed to be for UNREPRESENTED
    I dont live in the Mojave. I live in the mediterranean climate (coastal sage scrub) that is much of southern ca within 50 miles of the beach.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    I could live without the entire deep south. Get rid of 'em all in a block.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #155
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Very interesting.....I would vote for California...........what say you?


    Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union | Fox News
    I guess Texas since they have said they want out.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  6. #156
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by doniston View Post
    You must live in the Mojave Desert, I spent 35 years in Newberry Springs

    for some reason I seem to be getting the wrong quote. this was supposed to be for UNREPRESENTED
    I'm native to Northern California, but have spent my adult life so far in San Diego.

    Apart from swapping "forest" for "desert" my statement would've been true for Northern California too.
    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Ive never been a taker, Ive always paid my taxes, put myself through Paramedic and PA school, have never been on welfare, unemployment, or entitlements, and Ive always contributed to charity, either through money or my medical skills-both here and in Mexico.
    So, I'm fairly certain you were not employed for all of your life. Most people don't start joining the workforce until at least high school, and even then, their low paying jobs don't offset the costs of educating them, let alone the many other services governments provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    What I dont believe in-is the unearned virtue of advocating forcibly taking from some to give to others for votes. In fact I loath it, and thats what the left has done to this state. Many have already left because of this, the sea change is hard to fight.
    People have left everywhere, and gone to everywhere. Free migration between states is part of the reason that they're united. What's your point?

    Here's California's population. It doesn't look like we're rats fleeing a sinking ship. Clearly some people must like what's here for it to be continued growth...


    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Maybe I will move to the Nevada side of Tahoe so I can flash my guns and cash at the subjects that live on this side.
    It's nice up there, but doesn't offer too much metropolitan lifestyle options. I'm sure you'll love being able to brag about having Harry Reid as your senator, however.

  7. #157
    Lean Mean Meme Machine
    Jesse Booth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    https://www.debatepolitics.com
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,761

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    I would prefer to keep all of our states, but these are my top picks for who would leave:

    California; the tectonic plates are taking too long to break it off physically, so we might as well do it politically.

    Hawaii; immediately after exiling them, I would invade and turn the entire island chain into a single massive military base/macadamia nut plantation for the purposes of launching a massive (and proactive)assault on North Korea and artificially lowering the price of my favorite kind of cookie.

    Georgia; but only if we get to keep all the military bases and personnel stationed here. That way, when America eventually collapses under the weight of its own central government, we can invade neighboring states in order to launch a massive terraforming project that would leave even more room for the massive macadamia nut plantations that have haunted my dreams for as long as I can remember. God I love macadamia nuts.

    South Dakota; we then place an embargo on them, which will only be lifted if they agree to return to the union as an add-on to North Dakota, which will from then on be known simply as Dakota.

    North Dakota; but only if they didn't want to be combined with South Dakota.

    Virginia; similar to my plans for South Dakota, as it will be embargoed until it agrees to join with West Virginia into the singule state of East Virginia. By the way, I want Arizona's name to be changed to East Virginia. All states between the two will be unified into a single state of Central Virginia.

    New Jersey; I doubt this requires much explanation.

    New York; it will be turned into a giant monument to the lives lost when a rogue madman named Jesse Booth got his hands on crystal meth and the nuclear launch codes. At the same time as each other, this time.

    ...By the way, all of these will be part of my domestic policy, and eventually my foreign policy, when I run for President in 2034. Don't vote for me, for the love of all that is sacred - it simply isn't worth it, even if you do think it'd be a funny use for your vote, like voting for Vermin Supreme! Who definitely isn't me in disguise.
    Last edited by Jesse Booth; 10-05-14 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Pepe Booth strikes again.

  8. #158
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,173

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post

    So DO tell what Im getting for this, besides a bunch of entitled uneducated liberals who can't even return change at the store.
    How do you know the political affiliation of your cashiers? You must have much deeper interactions with them than I ever do.

    Either that, or you're just taking the negative and assuming they must be liberals, because there are no stupid conservatives.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #159
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by brothern View Post
    Mississippi.

    California makes up like 15% of our GDP. Silicon Valley and Hollywood are both huge in terms of resource creation and influence.
    That's OK...China makes up the other 85%.
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Fox News Poll: Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I'm native to Northern California, but have spent my adult life so far in San Diego.

    Apart from swapping "forest" for "desert" my statement would've been true for Northern California too.

    So, I'm fairly certain you were not employed for all of your life. Most people don't start joining the workforce until at least high school, and even then, their low paying jobs don't offset the costs of educating them, let alone the many other services governments provide.

    People have left everywhere, and gone to everywhere. Free migration between states is part of the reason that they're united. What's your point?

    Here's California's population. It doesn't look like we're rats fleeing a sinking ship. Clearly some people must like what's here for it to be continued growth...



    It's nice up there, but doesn't offer too much metropolitan lifestyle options. I'm sure you'll love being able to brag about having Harry Reid as your senator, however.
    You mistake the influx of illegals and welfare seekers with the efflux of the tax base. I never argued absolute numbers have dropped (though they have, recently, iirc).

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •