View Poll Results: Do firearms empower people?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    27 44.26%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    20 32.79%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 6.56%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    2 3.28%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    4 6.56%
  • Im not American, no.

    4 6.56%
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 433

Thread: Do firearms empower people?

  1. #401
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Our government has the firepower to become tyrannical if it truly desired to do so. No tyrannical government with the kind of firepower the US has could be defeated by a ragtag group of plucky rebels simply because they have guns.

    We have the second amendment and all of the amendments, however, because we have a system of government that prevents itself from becoming tyrannical. It has limited it's own power and allowed power to be retained by the people.

    The second amendment doesn't prevent tyranny, it exists because of a lack of tyranny. It must be preserved because it's removal would be a sign of tyranny, not because it's removal would lead to tyranny.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #402
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    More likely the reverse.
    Nope, it's pretty clear that you have no ability whatsoever to comprehend what I'm saying.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #403
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Our government has the firepower to become tyrannical if it truly desired to do so. No tyrannical government with the kind of firepower the US has could be defeated by a ragtag group of plucky rebels simply because they have guns.

    We have the second amendment and all of the amendments, however, because we have a system of government that prevents itself from becoming tyrannical. It has limited it's own power and allowed power to be retained by the people.

    The second amendment doesn't prevent tyranny, it exists because of a lack of tyranny. It must be preserved because it's removal would be a sign of tyranny, not because it's removal would lead to tyranny.
    I think more than a few politicians have-in the deep dark subterraneous caverns of their nefarious minds-a worry that if they get out of line, someone might given them a 7.62 NATO lobotomy.

    and you know something-I like politicians having that fear even if ever so slight.



  4. #404
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I think more than a few politicians have-in the deep dark subterraneous caverns of their nefarious minds-a worry that if they get out of line, someone might given them a 7.62 NATO lobotomy.

    and you know something-I like politicians having that fear even if ever so slight.
    The problem there is that those whackjobs who decide to assassinate politicians are detrimental toward gun rights. The ****heads who commit crimes using guns are a much bigger threat to my right to bear arms than any leftist will ever be.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #405
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    The problem there is that those whackjobs who decide to assassinate politicians are detrimental toward gun rights. The ****heads who commit crimes using guns are a much bigger threat to my right to bear arms than any leftist will ever be.
    we aren't talking about nut cases. and I disagree. its lefties who want to ban guns



  6. #406
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Our government has the firepower to become tyrannical if it truly desired to do so. No tyrannical government with the kind of firepower the US has could be defeated by a ragtag group of plucky rebels simply because they have guns.

    We have the second amendment and all of the amendments, however, because we have a system of government that prevents itself from becoming tyrannical. It has limited it's own power and allowed power to be retained by the people.

    The second amendment doesn't prevent tyranny, it exists because of a lack of tyranny. It must be preserved because it's removal would be a sign of tyranny, not because it's removal would lead to tyranny.
    So much flawed logic, where does one start?

  7. #407
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    So much flawed logic, where does one start?
    Usually I start with the first paragraph.

    Optionally, I will start with whichever argument I find easiest to address.
    OR the one I find most interesting.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #408
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we aren't talking about nut cases.
    Generally, anyone who would assassinate a politician in the Us is a nutcase.

    and I disagree. its lefties who want to ban guns
    And the reason for it is gun crime. If that were curbed through other means, it would castrate the arguments against guns.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #409
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    So much flawed logic, where does one start?
    You are not equipped with the necessary tools to analyze logic effectively.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #410
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Generally, anyone who would assassinate a politician in the Us is a nutcase.



    And the reason for it is gun crime. If that were curbed through other means, it would castrate the arguments against guns.
    really? Gun crime is going down-so are accidental shooting deaths yet Democrats continue to try to ban guns or severely limit our rights.

    tell me TC-why did the Democrats ban people owning machine guns made after May 19, 1986 even though in SEVENTY YEARS there was only one case of a legally owned machine gun being used in a crime



Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •