View Poll Results: Do firearms empower people?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    27 44.26%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    20 32.79%
  • Im not American, yes.

    4 6.56%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    2 3.28%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    4 6.56%
  • Im not American, no.

    4 6.56%
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 433

Thread: Do firearms empower people?

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    The Anti cop thing has been going on long time. When I was a kid the hippies called them pigs.
    Some progressive liberal hate mongers on the DP still do.

  2. #272
    economically ☭ socially ☭

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    would you cite the part of that wiki article that supports your claims
    i would. i can come up with more if you'd like

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by serato View Post
    I once read that those in possession of firearms are more likely to find themselves in a position to use it, and without having an issue with anyone feeling the need to arm themselves, it's this very reason I've chosen to live comfortably without a weapon.
    Thats a misleading propaganda talking point.

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    10-20-14 @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what does that mean?

    do you put a sign on your home proclaiming your house is gun free?

    do you walk the streets of wherever you live wit a sign noting you don't carry a weapon?

    Ugh no I just never felt the need to own a weapon. And I find your line of questioning to be rather odd and irrelevant to my post. Perhaps you've misunderstood what I said.

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    10-20-14 @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what does that mean?

    do you put a sign on your home proclaiming your house is gun free?

    do you walk the streets of wherever you live wit a sign noting you don't carry a weapon?



    Ugh no I just never felt the need to own a weapon. And I find your line of questioning to be rather odd and irrelevant to my post. Perhaps you've misunderstood what I said.

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    10-20-14 @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,657

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats a misleading propaganda talking point.
    No I don't think it is

  7. #277
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    i would. i can come up with more if you'd like
    yeah and find someone other than a blogger who doesn't even supply his last name.

    it appears that there were not millions and millions deliberately killed. The wiki article noted that the brits seemed unaware of a rice blight or other problems that lead to a war time famine. that's a bit different than the mass executions communists have perpetrated



  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by serato View Post
    I once read that those in possession of firearms are more likely to find themselves in a position to use it, and without having an issue with anyone feeling the need to arm themselves, it's this very reason I've chosen to live comfortably without a weapon.
    I sure wouldn't want to find myself in a position when I need one and don't have one.

    911 is the worse caliber to be armed with.

  9. #279
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by serato View Post
    Ugh no I just never felt the need to own a weapon. And I find your line of questioning to be rather odd and irrelevant to my post. Perhaps you've misunderstood what I said.
    perhaps, if your point is you don't feel a need for a weapon but you do not deny that others might nor do you wish to interfere with their choice then my comment was improper and I apologize



  10. #280
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Do firearms empower people?

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I sure wouldn't want to find myself in a position when I need one and don't have one.

    911 is the worse caliber to be armed with.
    My son, a pizza fanatic, noted that Papa John's comes faster than the cops to most homes



Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •