View Poll Results: Is Political Correctness real?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes PC is real and is rampant. People are too sensitive.

    42 68.85%
  • Yes and No - It depends. (Explain in your post)

    11 18.03%
  • No PC is a made up escape goat. It is a catch phrase used to distract from a real issue.

    8 13.11%
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 267

Thread: "Politcal Correctness" - False Victim hood or Real issue.

  1. #91
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: "Politcal Correctness" - False Victim hood or Real issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    The killers cited verbal abuse as part of their reason for their rampage.
    And that's just one example.
    I don't care what their excuses are, they still committed the acts because they were unstable. Lots of people endure verbal abuse every day and don't snap and kill people.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #92
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: "Politcal Correctness" - False Victim hood or Real issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    No it wasn't, people are bullied every day and don't go shooting up their schools. It was caused by unstable people.
    Yes I am aware, but these two unstable people went on their rampage because they were bullied. To say that being bullied had nothing to with it is to deny key points that led to their snapping point.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  3. #93
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: "Politcal Correctness" - False Victim hood or Real issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I don't care what their excuses are, they still committed the acts because they were unstable. Lots of people endure verbal abuse every day and don't snap and kill people.
    Ok.

    Some people will cry because a certain thing is said, while other's wont.

    That doesn't mean that the person who did cry did not breakdown because of what was said simply because the other was unaffected.

    People react differently to things.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: "Politcal Correctness" - False Victim hood or Real issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Yes I am aware, but these two unstable people went on their rampage because they were bullied. To say that being bullied had nothing to with it is to deny key points that led to their snapping point.
    Which leads right back to my previous statement, the PC are terrified to say anything for fear that someone, somewhere, might be offended. You're not criticizing the shooters for shooting people, you're trying to make them into victims. They're not.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: "Politcal Correctness" - False Victim hood or Real issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    Saul Alinsky's RULE12: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

    Political correctness is the current preferred tool of choice to accomplish Rule 12. For what purpose you say? Also from Alinksy:

    "The organizer dedicated to changing the life of a particular community must first rub raw the resentments of the people of the community; fan the latent hostilities of many of the people to the point of overt expression. He must search out controversy and issues, rather than avoid them, for unless there is controversy people are not concerned enough to act …When those prominent in the status quo turn and label you an 'agitator' they are completely correct, for that is, in one word, your function - to agitate to the point of conflict." — from Rules for Radicals, pp. 116-117


    Alinksy claimed not to be a strong ideologue tied to any particular sociopolitical system as he acknowledged the excesses of everything from Jewish purges of Biblical times to the Inquisition to Communist and Nazi genocides. But he absolutely believed in turning people against the successful and those in power with the goal of destroying the establishment, dismantling the system, and stripping the power and property from the 'haves' so that a new Marxist style society could be established in its wake.

    IMO, political correctness, as understood and utilized inour current times, is an implementation of this particular philosophy. It is misguided, it is evil, it is hateful, and it is wrong.
    It is appropriate to bite the hand that feeds you crap.

  6. #96
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Politcal Correctness" - False Victim hood or Real issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    The killers cited verbal abuse as part of their reason for their rampage.
    And that's just one example.
    And you take the word of two psycho killers as truth? Those two nutbags didn't know the difference between their ass and a hole in the ground. No wonder you're confused about the subject.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  7. #97
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: "Politcal Correctness" - False Victim hood or Real issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Ok.

    Some people will cry because a certain thing is said, while other's wont.

    That doesn't mean that the person who did cry did not breakdown because of what was said simply because the other was unaffected.

    People react differently to things.
    And that's just too bad, isn't it? So now we should all refrain from exercising our free speech rights because there are crazy people out there who might take it the wrong way? Seriously?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: "Politcal Correctness" - False Victim hood or Real issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Um. Ok. I have not at any point said anywhere in this thread that anyone has the right to rob people of their freedom of speech. So if you where trying to impress me with your defiance in the face of my post, than sorry I don't really care.

    You can even call me a negro, hell call me a Nigger if you want. That's your right. However, I don't want to be called those things and I know there are some native americans who don't want to be called indians. You make of that what you will.
    I am concerned with the principle of freedom of speech, and not with anyone's personal feelings. The entire purpose of political correctness has always been to stifle the freedom of speech. I assume anyone who supports it has that same purpose, and that puts them on the wrong side of me. Obviously there are some kinds of speech that can be made illegal for all of us. But this is a free country, and within those limits, and the private limits imposed by sites like this one, no one is going to tell me what I can and can't say.

  9. #99
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: "Politcal Correctness" - False Victim hood or Real issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I'm sorry, were the columbine massacre killers part of a public conversation?

    Their motivations was that they couldn't take anymore bullying. You are lying if you think that being PC stops bullying. PC is the most perverse form of bullying. It's the bullying into silence of all people who don't speak in the way that is approved by the PC police. If you dare to say something that the PC crowd don't find agreeable, they will say the most hateful and despicable things to you and call you all sort of things. And unlike child bullying which make, albeit hateful fun, of one another, PC bullying sticks. PC crowd bully with words that have social stigma attached to them.

    So do dare say that PC encourages peaceful cooperation and discussion is dishonest as hell. It encourages the same gang mentality as bullying, only the words and methods are somewhat different.

    Case and point. That fat guy who played in The Wolf of Wall Street said "Suck my dick faggot" and had to go a tour on morning talkshows to beg and plead and crawl. Apologize for insulting some asshole paparazzi. Why? because he was afraid the PC police would come after him, as they did on twitter, calling him a homophobe and whatever.

    So the PC police are the worst bullies only they're the most perverse ones too because they think they're doing good and the right thing, unlike normal bullies who just aren't thinking or aren't mature enough to understand what they're doing.
    You chimed into a tangent and you don't understand the context. I never said anything you are implying I did.

    My initial post was that words can hurt and cause extreme reactions. This was in response to Grips flippant tongue in cheek response to me.

    And for the, I think, fourth time now. I have not at any point advocated for censoring. So your entire post was pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  10. #100
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: "Politcal Correctness" - False Victim hood or Real issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    I am concerned with the principle of freedom of speech, and not with anyone's personal feelings. The entire purpose of political correctness has always been to stifle the freedom of speech. I assume anyone who supports it has that same purpose, and that puts them on the wrong side of me. Obviously there are some kinds of speech that can be made illegal for all of us. But this is a free country, and within those limits, and the private limits imposed by sites like this one, no one is going to tell me what I can and can't say.

    I really don't care what side of you I'm on. I don't care what you personally choose to call people. Quite frankly you sound like someone I wouldn't around me anyways. Your freedom of speech is not being challenged in this thread. The op is about using PC as an excuse to ignore an honest discussion. Not about censoring.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •