View Poll Results: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Going Postal I.E. Work-place violence

    34 69.39%
  • Terrorist attack

    2 4.08%
  • A little of both

    4 8.16%
  • other

    9 18.37%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73

Thread: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

  1. #41
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    For someone who claims not to speak bigotese you seem quite fluent.
    What? Are you calling me a bigot? Why?

  2. #42
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,469
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    My sentiments exactly. Any idea as to why that's so?
    Just what this board needed, more partisan hackery.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  3. #43
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Just what this board needed, more partisan hackery.
    It was merely an observation. Do you admonish leftist partisan hackery equally?

    It is clearly evident that many liberals on this site do not want to even consider the possibility that this incident could have been an act of terrorism. How does my pointing out this obvious fact, make me a "partisan hack"?

  4. #44
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,409

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I don't know what it is with libs, and why they are so loath to even examine the possibility that an act of terror may have been committed.
    It's a semantic designation. Do you run or jog? Do you lift weights or strength train? Do you eat dinner or supper? Are you tired or sleepy? Are you happy or elated?

    Let's say we call it terrorism, what does that change? Should we simply classify all murders committed by Muslims regardless of the circumstances as terrorism? Should a beheading always be considered terrorism regardless of who commits it or what their motivation was?

    There are over 40,000 intentional homicides a year in this country. We kill each other at a higher rate than in any other developed first world nation on earth. In fact, at the rate that Americans die by terrorism in this country, it would take terrorists about 2 centuries to kill as many Americans as we kill each other in any given year. So what is the point other than trying to stoke xenophobic fearmongering is there in trying to classify what was obviously a psychopath engaging in workplace violence as terrorism?
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  5. #45
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    It's a semantic designation. Do you run or jog? Do you lift weights or strength train? Do you eat dinner or supper? Are you tired or sleepy? Are you happy or elated?

    Let's say we call it terrorism, what does that change? Should we simply classify all murders committed by Muslims regardless of the circumstances as terrorism? Should a beheading always be considered terrorism regardless of who commits it or what their motivation was?

    There are over 40,000 intentional homicides a year in this country.
    We kill each other at a higher rate than in any other developed first world nation on earth. In fact, at the rate that Americans die by terrorism in this country, it would take terrorists about 2 centuries to kill as many Americans as we kill each other in any given year. So what is the point other than trying to stoke xenophobic fearmongering is there in trying to classify what was obviously a psychopath engaging in workplace violence as terrorism?
    Around 28,000 of those are suicides IE self inflicted.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-19-14 @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    312

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Going Postal I.E. Work-place violence
    Terrorist attack
    A little of both
    other
    Apparently some of the talk show pundits seem to think getting fired and later returning to your former place of employment to kill your former co-workers is terrorism. Most people would call that going postal or work place violence, not terrorist. Getting pissed off because you lost your job as far as I know are not one of the reasons a terrorist murders someone.
    Depends on who does the killing and who is the victim. If the killer is a Muslim and the victim(s) is (are) non Muslims of any race, it's considered workplace violence. If the killer is homosexual and the victim isn't, it's workplace violence. However, if the killer is a Christian and the victim isn't, it's automatically deemed based on religion or is the killer is white and the victim is anything other than white, it's automatically deemed a racially motivated or hate crime.

    It's not what happened that determines for many what it is but the parties involved. The way I see it, all are hate crimes because you don't do things like that in a loving way regardless of the demographics of those involved.

  7. #47
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I don't know what it is with libs, and why they are so loath to even examine the possibility that an act of terror may have been committed.
    If this was an act of terrorism as you say then why didn't he do this before being suspended or fired and escorted to the parking lot(I would think if that if they have to escort you out of the building then that suspension is really a firing)?Because it looks like to anyone with common sense that his motives are rooted in the suspension/firing and being escorted out of the building, not because of his muslim faith.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Really? So, when jihadists behead a single person, it's not terrorism?
    You don't have to be a Jihadist to behead someone you know.
    Just ask O.J.

  9. #49
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    If this was an act of terrorism as you say then why didn't he do this before being suspended or fired and escorted to the parking lot(I would think if that if they have to escort you out of the building then that suspension is really a firing)?Because it looks like to anyone with common sense that his motives are rooted in the suspension/firing and being escorted out of the building, not because of his muslim faith.
    I never said it was an act of terrorism. I was merely wondering why liberals refuse to even entertain the possibility.

  10. #50
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    You don't have to be a Jihadist to behead someone you know.
    Just ask O.J.
    I never said you did.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •