View Poll Results: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Going Postal I.E. Work-place violence

    34 69.39%
  • Terrorist attack

    2 4.08%
  • A little of both

    4 8.16%
  • other

    9 18.37%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73

Thread: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

  1. #11
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,050

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Murder.

    Don't we lose something when we make distinctions in a crime? The murdered person is just as dead whether it was a result of terrorism, work-place violence, hate crime, class warfare, victimhood, etc. A life was taken-that should be enough. There are few excuses for taking a life and in this case none of those excuses apply.

  2. #12
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Yes, it matters. Some of us actually think facts are important. I know, weird huh?
    Do the number of teeth he had factor in? What was his favorite color as a child? If given a choice between walks on the beach and a blockbuster night, which would he choose? Please investigate these facts. They're clearly important as you've noted.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  3. #13
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Do the number of teeth he had factor in? What was his favorite color as a child? If given a choice between walks on the beach and a blockbuster night, which would he choose? Please investigate these facts. They're clearly important as you've noted.
    Clearly you aren't interested in having a serious discussion on the matter. Have a nice day.

  4. #14
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,038

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Terrorism is usually defined as killing large amounts of people in an attempt scare the **** out of them as a means to push a certain political agenda. Going full nutjob on your former coworkers is just workplace violence.
    This. We need to be a little more selective of what we label terrorism, or else one day the word will devour every crime there is and we'll all end up in Guantanamo because our dogs crapped on the neighbor's lawn.

  5. #15
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Clearly you aren't interested in having a serious discussion on the matter. Have a nice day.
    Facts are important. Those are facts.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  6. #16
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,936

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Not sure if anyone cares, but when I worked in HR, I had to take training on workplace killings.

    For the most part, these were the results of cumulative failures...work, domestic, etc. Sometimes they go back to the last place that fired them, but they can also go back to much more previous employers whom the blame for the start of 'it all.' The beginning of their downward slide.

    It was pretty fascinating. It's the 'grownup' version of the losers that shoot up their highschools really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    It really depends on the situation.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #18
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,761

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    This. We need to be a little more selective of what we label terrorism, or else one day the word will devour every crime there is and we'll all end up in Guantanamo because our dogs crapped on the neighbor's lawn.
    My neighbor owns a Great Dane.
    Beautiful, good-natured dog, but if he crapped on my lawn I would be terrorized.
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  9. #19
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,761

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Facts are important. Those are facts.
    Another important fact....200+ Americans were killed by drunk drivers last week.
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  10. #20
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: What is it called if you got fired and later you kill your former co-workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    Another important fact....200+ Americans were killed by drunk drivers last week.
    How many of them were beheaded, and does that invariably make it terrorism? How can we tie this into a xenophobic narrative?
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •