View Poll Results: Should she fired?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 86.96%
  • No

    1 4.35%
  • Other

    2 8.70%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Should Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Be Fired?

  1. #1
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Should Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Be Fired?

    I think most of us are shocked that an intruded got into the president's residence. It should never happen, just one mistake like this could be devastating.

    Yes
    No.
    Other.


  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Be Fired?

    It's always a tricky thing.

    I think whenever big things like this happen, it's always natural to want to blame the leader, but it could have been one guy slow on the mark in the control room, or confusion among 3 or 4 front line personnel on exactly where he went.

    And yes sometimes under poor leadership, procedures get lax, things get overlooked.

    I mean I don't think in the immediate past anyone has ever done what that guy did to actually get into the building.

    Ultimately these kinds of firings end up being symbolic and solve very little unless you can clearly show how she was culpable in terms of leadership management.

    I think we need to know more.

  3. #3
    Educator
    USViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Greensboro NC USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: Should Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Be Fired?

    She should as well be fired for the ridiculous episode in Atlanta where an armed man
    just strolled untouched into an elevator with the President.

  4. #4
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Should Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by USViking View Post
    She should as well be fired for the ridiculous episode in Atlanta where an armed man
    just strolled untouched into an elevator with the President.
    Yes, that was another ****up.


  5. #5
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,635

    Re: Should Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    It's always a tricky thing.

    I think whenever big things like this happen, it's always natural to want to blame the leader, but it could have been one guy slow on the mark in the control room, or confusion among 3 or 4 front line personnel on exactly where he went.

    And yes sometimes under poor leadership, procedures get lax, things get overlooked.

    I mean I don't think in the immediate past anyone has ever done what that guy did to actually get into the building.

    Ultimately these kinds of firings end up being symbolic and solve very little unless you can clearly show how she was culpable in terms of leadership management.

    I think we need to know more.
    If that were the case then a good boss would fire whoever violated procedure/policy. The fact that an investigation is needed means that did not happen. Certainly locking and/or guarding an entrance is part of any decent security plan.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #6
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,360

    Re: Should Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Be Fired?

    It might just be appearances, but does the director of the secret service look like someone
    chosen from their ranks? To me her appearance and demeanor do not seem like someone
    with a law enforcement background.

  7. #7
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Should Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I think most of us are shocked that an intruded got into the president's residence. It should never happen, just one mistake like this could be devastating.

    Yes
    No.
    Other.
    I agree. The only person I trust less then Obama as President is Biden
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  8. #8
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Be Fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    If that were the case then a good boss would fire whoever violated procedure/policy. The fact that an investigation is needed means that did not happen. Certainly locking and/or guarding an entrance is part of any decent security plan.
    Thing is the Secret Service does not comment on procedure.

    End of story.

    So I'm not sure if we'd ever know someone was fired over it.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Should Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Be Fired?

    Olympus has Fallen. Not that far fetched.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,273

    Re: Should Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Be Fired?

    It would be nice to see someone in the government held accountable for something at some point. But I don't hold out much hope of that,

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •