View Poll Results: Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 39.02%
  • No

    25 60.98%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 126

Thread: Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

  1. #91
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Absolutely.

    Far, far more dangerous.....

    Obama cannot acknowledge that now that he's paid back the $600 billion, he needs the fight to be a "new" threat as he has claimed he has Al Qaeda on the run and so forth and now made Iran a friend.

    Iran is the only nation on the face of the earth of which Canada has ever severed diplomatic relations, they did so a week before the Benghazi attack. My question is what does Canada know that the US doesn't or is not willing to admit?
    That's interesting! I missed that. I too wonder what Canada knows.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #92
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    I suggest you look at any of my posts on this forum about the Saudis and their involvement in world terrorism. In fact, you can ask Montecresto, that "liked" your post, with whom I have had numerous conversations about them.

    However, they are in no way as dangerous, as a country, to the US and the world as the Iranian Ayatollah and Clerics are, who actually run that country and have complete control of their terrorist, military and nuclear programs.

    The Saudis use private funds more than use a structured, official, government program to train, fund, equip and provide planning and operational support for terrorist groups around the world.

    The Saudis are not true allies (friends), the Saudis have Islamist radicals within the royal family... but... the Iranians are far worse and far more dangerous.
    Beau, I would "like" any post that draws attention to the fact that 77% of the attackers on 9/11 were Saudi Arabian, regardless of who posted it, or to whom they were posting it to. It's been a sore spot with me since it happened, I didn't like the quick evacuations that Saudis in the States got after the attacks nor the treatment they have had ever since. Also, I don't appreciate the deal negotiated between Clinton (the US) over the "Arab Spring" suppression in Bahrain for support in Libya, another failed US policy. But that said, I didn't intend to offend you, and though you likely didn't notice it, in post 55, I stood up for you when responding to serato's post that prompted you to terminate your discussion with him.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #93
    Educator Coin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albania
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    907

    Re: Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    And if monkeys fly out my butt, we'd have a different situation as well.
    Well, you may put the monkeys and your butt on the same level ......

    However, I do not put ISIS and Iran and the same level and start comparing them with each others as well.
    I never saw ISIS as a big threat, nor a small one. Just a tiny, temporary one.

    I do see Iran as a potential threat due to their Uranium, but I do not see their intentions as a threat so far.
    Iran never invaded a country.
    They fought a war in the 1980's due to the fact that the United States & West gave Iraq a lot of weapons to attack Iran. Iran fought a defensive war for a few years by protecting it's border.

    I find stupid bitching about Iran for so many years.
    Envidia te mata !!!

    The blind leading the blind !!!


  4. #94
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin View Post
    Well, you may put the monkeys and your butt on the same level ......
    That doesn't make sense.

  5. #95
    Educator Coin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albania
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    907

    Re: Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Have you been in a coma since 2001? Prior to our going in, Iraq and Iran were mortal enemies. Saddam most certainly was a check on Iranian power. By toppling Saddam, introducing instability throughout Iraq and the Middle East, and leaving Iraq with a Shia government that is very close to Iran, we created a much more powerful Iran than what existed before.
    Most worse is that you gave a lesson to the current leaders in ME.

    During Iraq-Iran war
    Saddam Hussein was given diplomatic, monetary, and military support by the U.S., including massive loans, political clout, and intelligence on Iranian deployments gathered using American spy satellites.
    With Iranian success on the battlefield, the U.S. made its backing of Iraq more pronounced, supplying intelligence, economic aid, and dual-use equipment and vehicles, as well as normalizing their intergovernmental relations.
    In 1982, Reagan removed Iraq from the list of countries "supporting terrorism" and sold weapons such as howitzers to Iraq via Jordan and Israel. France sold Iraq millions of dollars worth of weapons, including Gazelle helicopters, Mirage F-1 fighters, and Exocet missiles. Both the United States and West Germany sold Iraq dual-use pesticides and poisons that would be used to create chemical and other weapons, such as Roland missiles.

    In 2006, Saddam was gone.

    Good or bad, no one trust USA/West in that region anymore. Every puppet leader there does not worth anything and just make things worse.
    Envidia te mata !!!

    The blind leading the blind !!!


  6. #96
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,016

    Re: Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Recently Netanuahu stated at the UN General Assembly that Iran is a greater threat than ISIS. Do you agree with this statement?
    Video can be found here: Netanyahu: Iran poses greater threat than Islamic State
    In the short time Isis is more dangerous but in the long time Iran most likely is a bigger danger.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  7. #97
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin View Post
    Most worse is that you gave a lesson to the current leaders in ME.

    During Iraq-Iran war
    Saddam Hussein was given diplomatic, monetary, and military support by the U.S., including massive loans, political clout, and intelligence on Iranian deployments gathered using American spy satellites.
    With Iranian success on the battlefield, the U.S. made its backing of Iraq more pronounced, supplying intelligence, economic aid, and dual-use equipment and vehicles, as well as normalizing their intergovernmental relations.
    In 1982, Reagan removed Iraq from the list of countries "supporting terrorism" and sold weapons such as howitzers to Iraq via Jordan and Israel. France sold Iraq millions of dollars worth of weapons, including Gazelle helicopters, Mirage F-1 fighters, and Exocet missiles. Both the United States and West Germany sold Iraq dual-use pesticides and poisons that would be used to create chemical and other weapons, such as Roland missiles.

    In 2006, Saddam was gone.

    Good or bad, no one trust USA/West in that region anymore. Every puppet leader there does not worth anything and just make things worse.
    Hyperbole at it's finest

  8. #98
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,849

    Re: Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Have you been in a coma since 2001? Prior to our going in, Iraq and Iran were mortal enemies. Saddam most certainly was a check on Iranian power. By toppling Saddam, introducing instability throughout Iraq and the Middle East, and leaving Iraq with a Shia government that is very close to Iran, we created a much more powerful Iran than what existed before.
    How did Saddam affect Iran's drive to produce nuclear weapons? How did Saddam affect Iran's support for various terrorist groups? The only reason Iran has continued their activities is because of the lack of effort of Middle East nations, European nations and, of course, the US.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #99
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,849

    Re: Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No, Clinton didn't think that. I don't recall him closing our bases in the region, a chief reason given for the 9/11 attacks.
    Clinton had so much disregard for Al Qaeda that he passed up chances to take out bin Laden...resulting in 9/11.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #100
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,406

    Re: Is Iran a Greater Threat Than ISIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    How did Saddam affect Iran's drive to produce nuclear weapons? How did Saddam affect Iran's support for various terrorist groups? The only reason Iran has continued their activities is because of the lack of effort of Middle East nations, European nations and, of course, the US.
    1. The regime change we brought about in Iraq removed a mortal enemy of Iran and put into power a corrupt and very friendly government government to Iran. This made Iran the most powerful Muslim nation in the Middle East.

    2. The Iranians know their actions now have little consequence other than economic sanctions because they know that after we spent 10 years and trillions of dollars nation building in Iraq, the citizens of the United States are simply not going to stand for another full scale war in the Middle East for at least another generation.

    3. We cannot bring on other nations because just 10 years ago we lied to the world about the supposed threat that Iraq posed to world peace as well as Iraq's supposed massive stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons that didn't exist. Not to mention their purported advanced nuclear weapons program that didn't exist. Thus we no longer have any credibility with the rest of the world.

    4. Iran has no incentive to cooperate with any type of U.N. weapons inspections because it did not prevent war in Iraq despite the fact weapons inspectors were in the country finding nothing other than what was already known and accounted for. Moreover, they now have every incentive to develop nuclear weapons as a safeguard against any attempts at regime change from the United States.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •