View Poll Results: Yes or no?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 66.67%
  • No

    3 33.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Chromosomes and sport.

  1. #11
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,679

    Re: Chromosomes and sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    One's genetic make-up is as core as core gets to what defines an animal. This "law" is recognized for every, single, living, thing, in, the universe (as we know it). There is no "depends" he is a man by fact.

    I'm not disagreeing with you, I would consider him a female (and in person with him refer to him as her). However, he is undoubtedly a man and always will be a man until dead (the genetic make-up is unable to be changed with current technology).
    depends how you define female. I too read the google stuff you did



  2. #12
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Chromosomes and sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    depends how you define female. I too read the google stuff you did
    I didn't read anything from google.

    I learned this last year in biology. An animal's sex is defined by their genotype, no matter what their phenotype is.

    This is bog-down-super-super-as-simple-as-it-gets genetics.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  3. #13
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,679

    Re: Chromosomes and sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I didn't read anything from google.

    I learned this last year in biology. An animal's sex is defined by their genotype, no matter what their phenotype is.

    This is bog-down-super-super-as-simple-as-it-gets genetics.
    as I said, I read the same stuff



  4. #14
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Chromosomes and sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as I said, I read the same stuff
    Cool.

    All we've been saying is that "she" is genetically a he, even though in society we refer to him as a she.

    Then you started getting up and defensive and saying "nuh uh, depends on definition of woman!" There is absolutely no other definition for a male or female of a species; there is only one, there was only one, and there will always be only one.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  5. #15
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,679

    Re: Chromosomes and sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Cool.

    All we've been saying is that "she" is genetically a he, even though in society we refer to him as a she.

    Then you started getting up and defensive and saying "nuh uh, depends on definition of woman!" There is absolutely no other definition for a male or female of a species; there is only one, there was only one, and there will always be only one.
    are you trying to pick a fight? to most people someone who can get pregnant is female. just saying



  6. #16
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Chromosomes and sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    are you trying to pick a fight? to most people someone who can get pregnant is female. just saying
    To most somewhat educated people, a person with a y chromosome, no matter what the other chromosomes are, is a male.

    I've fought with you before, but keep in mind the subjects we fought in were subjective.

    Fight me with the position you are in now you'll just get ****ing scraped and curbstomped.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  7. #17
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,679

    Re: Chromosomes and sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    To most somewhat educated people, a person with a y chromosome, no matter what the other chromosomes are, is a male.

    I've fought with you before, but keep in mind the subjects we fought in were subjective.

    Fight me with the position you are in now you'll just get ****ing scraped and curbstomped.
    you are trying to derail the thread. btw the athlete in question has never been disqualified as competing as a female.

    btw you have never "curb stomped anyone kid



  8. #18
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Chromosomes and sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are trying to derail the thread. btw the athlete in question has never been disqualified as competing as a female.

    btw you have never "curb stomped anyone kid
    Never derailed the thread. I responded to you and confirmed a point made earlier by another poster.

    You're for some reason refusing to believe this man is a man.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  9. #19
    Professor
    herenow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    12-11-15 @ 11:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,686

    Re: Chromosomes and sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Should people with sex chromosome disorders be allowed to compete in gender segregated sports?
    If you're referring to this thread, then my answer is no.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...omen-ring.html

  10. #20
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Chromosomes and sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    To most somewhat educated people, a person with a y chromosome, no matter what the other chromosomes are, is a male.

    I've fought with you before, but keep in mind the subjects we fought in were subjective.

    Fight me with the position you are in now you'll just get ****ing scraped and curbstomped.
    So why, in this case, is genotype more definitive than phenotype?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •