View Poll Results: What Should We Do To End The Terror War?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • The West is doing the right thing.

    6 8.82%
  • We need more WAAAUGH! We need to bomb more! Boots on the ground!

    6 8.82%
  • The West needs to change their foreign policy. Stop meddling in other countries.

    38 55.88%
  • Other

    18 26.47%
Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 463

Thread: How Do We End The War on Terror?

  1. #341
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    06-04-18 @ 11:18 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,839

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    ....

    Shocker, Both that Blair would ask somebody to guarantee a negative and that Blix would decline to do so. ....
    Why? That was the man that was mandated by the Security Council to do so and the man that had accepted the job.

  2. #342
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    02-26-18 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,184

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well, at least now I know why you think it perfectly ok for a president of the US to lie us into a war.
    Yes, saying that it was just for liberation may not have done it. Dubya had to include more persuasive issues such as WMD's and "Oil."
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/kv.html

  3. #343
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Yes, saying that it was just for liberation may not have done it. Dubya had to include more persuasive issues such as WMD's and "Oil."
    Imminent threat no less, of mushroom clouds over US cities. And oil! Did he include oil?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #344
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Why? That was the man that was mandated by the Security Council to do so and the man that had accepted the job.
    He was not "mandated" by the SC to produce a "guarantee" of no WMD. He was charged with inspections to locate such if they existed. And of course that was to see if there was credible evidence of both a weapons program and a delivery system to produce those scary mushroom clouds atop US cities. But he was ordered to stop inspecting, and leave the country, for bombing was to commence on March 20th and to hell with evidence.

    On 16 March 2003, the U.S. government advised the U.N. inspectors to leave their unfinished work and exit from Iraq.[69] On 20 March[70] the American-led coalition conducted a surprise[71] military invasion of Iraq without declaring war.

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

    "The mistake we made was not letting the inspections finish. If they had, there would have been no war. And I was always against doing it without the inspections. Bill clinton
    Last edited by Montecresto; 10-07-14 at 12:43 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #345
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,499

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Imminent threat no less, of mushroom clouds over US cities. And oil! Did he include oil?
    No he didn't - because we weren't there for the oil. As is obvious to anyone with the ability to notice that we did not subsequently take it.

  6. #346
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    No he didn't - because we weren't there for the oil. As is obvious to anyone with the ability to notice that we did not subsequently take it.
    Oh, I know he didn't include oil, that would be silly. I just thought it amusing that DDD would have thought so.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #347
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,499

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You conveniently edited the second quote/link out. The senate intelligence committee found that the Bush administration misrepresented the intelligence!

    ....your argument comes down to "Democrats in 2008 found it convenient to accuse Bush of being a big fat liar"?



    nice.

  8. #348
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ....your argument comes down to "Democrats in 2008 found it convenient to accuse Bush of being a big fat liar"?



    nice.
    Sorry, Bush did in fact lie, and that's the history of the Iraq war, while I understand the difficulty in you particularly accepting that truth, it's irrelevant. And your simply wrong, that it was Democratic Party politics.

    -- Two Bipartisan Reports Detail Administration Misstatements on Prewar Iraq Intelligence, and Inappropriate Intelligence Activities by Pentagon Policy Office --

    U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #349
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    02-26-18 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,184

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Oh, I know he didn't include oil, that would be silly. I just thought it amusing that DDD would have thought so.
    Why the war in Iraq was fought for Big Oil - CNN.com
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/kv.html

  10. #350
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 04:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: How Do We End The War on Terror?

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Well I think your President made the right choice in liberating Iraqi's from Saddam. If he had to lie to you guys on the real reasons why he had to do it just to back him up, then I think the ends justify the means.
    I think the results speak for themselves, and the result was/is as much or more misery as under Saddam.

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •